Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

2 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

I think it was brought about because of the promo work all being Ultramarines, and the combat patrol being specifically Ultramarines.  Apparently i was wrong though when I said before about Oghram not being mentioned anywhere, as it's apparently in the rule book.. somewhere.

I'm not sure its in the Core Book, but its in the Tyrannic War Crusade book.

Its one of the outer planets of the Formidyre system, which is where the main fight is happening. Same system that Sanctum is in, which is the White Templar's homeworld.

Really good lore section actually!

1 hour ago, Ahrimanjjb said:

I'm not sure its in the Core Book, but its in the Tyrannic War Crusade book.

Its one of the outer planets of the Formidyre system, which is where the main fight is happening. Same system that Sanctum is in, which is the White Templar's homeworld.

Really good lore section actually!

I'm aware of Oghram appearing on the map, but is there anything in that lore section (or anywhere else) that states that the Ultramarines were actually on Oghram?

Edited by Lord Nord

6 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I'm aware of Oghram appearing on the map, but is there anything in that lore section (or anywhere else) that states that the Ultramarines were actually on Oghram?

All the dead blue bodies is a big sign, the Imperial Fists and White Templars are winning our battles :lol:

4 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

All the dead blue bodies is a big sign, the Imperial Fists and White Templars are winning our battles :lol:

Psssst, Val? GW uses images of dead blue bodies because those are the images (and the models) that they have.

I heard you say on your stream today that people should "read the :cuss: lore" if they wanted to see where the Ultramarines were confirmed to be on Oghram.

I'm happy to read it. Where is it?

Edited by Tyriks
do not dodge the swear filter

18 hours ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

This tbqh. I went into the preview thinking we would see everything, but came away from it under the impression there might tbe more still. 

But I'm not about to start betting on it.

Yeah I was really impressed with everything they showed but just got a sense there's one or two things not revealed. Probably something for a future killteam or a character for a campaign- the Necrons got Flayed ones and a character through killteam not long after their release. 

23 hours ago, Alby the Slayer said:

As painter and collector I'm happy, sure it can always be better but as @Halandaar said, this was a great release for nids.

I was wondering about named characters though, a new Red Terror would be so cool. Maybe in the future...

The Red Terror was something I was hoping for - I guess he will appear maybe with a campaign book? Shrikes were the other obvious missing thing to go with the winged prime. Maybe a killteam set ? I think the lictors [which are amazing ] are our character allowance form the release.

Overall very pleased - the gants getting special weapons is cool, love the hormagaunts and stealer glow-ups . The Vore's redesign is fantastic - very creepy, so much better than their previous models and quite an unexpected design direction -more 2nd ed influences. The Norn Emissary looks epic - Godzilla vibes- willmakea very nice painting project!

8 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

Psssst, Val? GW uses images of dead blue bodies because those are the images (and the models) that they have.

I heard you say on your stream today that people should "read the :cuss: lore" if they wanted to see where the Ultramarines were confirmed to be on Oghram.

I'm happy to read it. Where is it?

Oghram could have had other chapters but GW used the poster boys once again, so for me, it’s an Ultramarine lose.

The boxset, the CGI trailer etc, all Ultramarines. If they would have used Fists then I would openly see it as a Imperial Fist loss.

Dont worry, I’m sure the Sons of Dorn will come help once we’ve finished mopping up :laugh:

On 7/17/2023 at 9:44 AM, Halandaar said:

Respectfully guys, this is the perfect example of how the community hypes itself up and then blames GW for not delivering on something they never promised. You're chasing down semantics as "proof" there will be more models in the future, in direct contradiction to the written source which explicitly states that this is everything.

Just take what there is, it's a huge win for Tyranids anyway and the biggest release wave for any faction since Marines and Necrons in 2020. If something extra comes down the line in Kill Team or whatever, it's a bonus.

The problem is that they're wildly inconsistent:

8103799d3b2d3484c2d66e469b254a52_42373.j

I agree it's a good haul but GW have dropped enough hints of more to come.

53 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Oghram could have had other chapters but GW used the poster boys once again, so for me, it’s an Ultramarine lose.

The boxset, the CGI trailer etc, all Ultramarines. If they would have used Fists then I would openly see it as a Imperial Fist loss.

Dont worry, I’m sure the Sons of Dorn will come help once we’ve finished mopping up :laugh:

That's just promotional material and promotional material for 10th edition (not the Oghram campaign) at that. They always use Ultramarines for promotional stuff. It has about as much truth in 40k lore as meerkats being actual economical experts is in our world.

That said, the Captain in the promotional material is Severus Agemman, the Captain who is leading the Ultramarines strike force in the galactic west. He's also leading a Solblade, according the the lore in the 10th edition rulebook. Oghram was consumed by the Grendyllus tendril, which is described as having been undetected and appearing well behind the the advance of the Solblades. So while not impossible, it seems highly unlikely that a guy leading a Solblade would be the commander on a planet that was well behind the Solblade's advance. 

Officially, it's an Imperial loss (according to the lore piece describing it). Not an Ultramarine loss. Not even a Space Marine loss. However, if we really must point fingers at a Chapter, Oghram is in the Formidyre system, the same system where The Phalanx is currently anchored.... probably best we leave it as an Imperial loss and not draw attention to that eh? :laugh:

Edited by Toxichobbit

Oghram is only mentioned in passing a handful of times in the lore bit of Tyrannic War; there's absolutely nothing indicating Ultramarines are deployed there, nor any other specific force.

Deciding it's a "canon" (sorry Luetin) Ultramarine loss simply because pre-existing promotional art and video for Leviathan was used during the Battle for Oghram promotion is nonsense. They aren't going to roll out a bunch of other expensive CG trailers featuring other chapters just for this are they.

Edited by Halandaar

56 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Mopping up…

A fun way of saying “sorry we where busy getting wiped out and lying about it” again:biggrin: 

6 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

The problem is that they're wildly inconsistent:

8103799d3b2d3484c2d66e469b254a52_42373.j

I agree it's a good haul but GW have dropped enough hints of more to come.

"We'll have to wait and see" is the standard GW social media response to every question about future reveals or releases. It's basically "we are not allowed to confirm or deny". It doesn't mean there is more.

"Hey Warcom is this leaked image showing new MKVI marines and a Spartan related to a new edition of Heresy"

"We'll have to wait and see!"

"Hey Warcom will there ever be more Tyranids in the future?

"Hey Warcom are you ever going to release a 1:1 scale Warlord Titan"

2 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

As has been explained to you, all of the instances of Ultramarine imagery you cited were not created for the Oghram campaign.

Agemman wouldn't have been anywhere near Oghram. The CGI trailer didn't take place on Oghram.

You dismissively told people to "read the BLANKING lore." Why are you now falling back on box set contents and CGI trailers that didn't reference Oghram in the slightest?

You said there was *lore* confirming that the Ultramarines were on Oghram. Your words. Where IS this lore you're telling people to read?

1 hour ago, Lord Nord said:

As has been explained to you, all of the instances of Ultramarine imagery you cited were not created for the Oghram campaign.

Agemman wouldn't have been anywhere near Oghram. The CGI trailer didn't take place on Oghram.

You dismissively told people to "read the BLANKING lore." Why are you now falling back on box set contents and CGI trailers that didn't reference Oghram in the slightest?

You said there was *lore* confirming that the Ultramarines were on Oghram. Your words. Where IS this lore you're telling people to read?

Bloodly hell, you're taking this a tad serious? If you watch my streams (which it seems you appear to do) and even the video I put out the other day, it was basically a fun way of poking Ultramarine players who think they're the next best thing to sliced bread.

You know when people scream Iron Cage at me or where is your daddy...it's just fans of Marines throwing stuff at each other for fun.

I guess my banter was lost on you, anyway, don't worry, the Imperial Fists are coming to clean up what the Ultramarines could not :laugh::thumbsup:

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

2 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

Mate, you're coming across at least a tad agressive here and seem to be mixing up Valrak the Youtuber persona (the over the top character he's playing on his channel) with Valrak the B&C Frater (the actual person). Next thing you're going to start blaming him personally for everything he said as Foilrak?

1 hour ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Mate, you're coming across at least a tad agressive here and seem to be mixing up Valrak the Youtuber persona (the over the top character he's playing on his channel) with Valrak the B&C Frater (the actual person). Next thing you're going to start blaming him personally for everything he said as Foilrak?

THE FOIL NEVER LIES.

3 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

I would encourage you to go back and read my first few comments about this AND then read Valrak's subsequent remarks.

HE brought his over-the-top "Youtuber persona" shtick into this discussion, rather than assessing the evidence and admitting that maybe he was wrong.

I guess "Valrak the B&C Frater" was unavailable.

Edited by Lord Nord

30 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

I would encourage you to go back and read my first few comments about this AND then read Valrak's subsequent remarks.

HE brought his over-the-top "Youtuber persona" shtick into this discussion, rather than assessing the evidence and admitting that maybe he was wrong.

Mate, again you’re missing the point, there is no evidence, I said the Ultramarines lost for some harmless fun poking. 

I’m saying going to say it's the Ultramarines that lost Oghram because that’s what I want to believe because as you know, we have NO EVIDENCE. I will say that until GW finally gives us the full story on who was on there, again, don't take it as personal attack, it's just some harmless fun, which by the way everyone is saying, I just added my loud northern voice to the rest.

If they do say other Chapters were involved (even the Imperial Fists) I will gladly come back here and say it wasn’t just the Ultramarines, hell, just for you I will make a video on how the sons of Dorn failed.

:laugh:

24 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Here are my comments, check my Twitch and YouTube for the context!

:facepalm:

What? When did I ever say this, this guy asked where the evidence was, I literally said I was having laughs because he brought  about me saying it on one of my streams...

Why are people getting so upset about this, who the hell cares? 

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

8 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

Mate, you're the one pressing the issue and acting very aggressive. Even if a Frater was wrong, even if he doesn't want to admit being wrong - that doesn't mean you can ambush and belittle them like that. Your "WHERE'S THE PROOF IN THE LORE, VALRAK?! HUH!? HUUUUUUH?!" shtick really isn't cool.

Are people really arguing about which color of imaginary space soldiers lost a GW marketing gim--imaginary battle? If so, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring in the name of Khorne. Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are both craven Imperial lapdogs, and so both lost. 

Just now, Rain said:

Are people really arguing about which color of imaginary space soldiers lost a GW marketing gim--imaginary battle? If so, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring in the name of Khorne. Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are both craven Imperial lapdogs, and so both lost. 

150515627_1919502271522188_8246508292844337232_n.png

7 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Why are people getting so upset about this, who the hell cares? 

I can't speak for others, but from a personal perspective, I'm getting fed up with influencers presenting lore that's just outright wrong. And when I say influencers I don't mean you specifically, all your lore that I've watched is solid (recent UM bants excepted) - the ones that have been annoying me for the last 12-18 months are all much newer to 40k than you and from North America. So not having a go at you or anything :smile:

But yeah, it's getting tedious hearing the same stuff repeated online and seeing people arguing over it. Purple being the Ork camouflage colour, Orks being able to imagine whatever they want into existence, anything to do with the demonculaba and countless other urban legends that a lot of the new fans now believe is fact and argue about online, because they saw it in a lore video rather than actually reading the lore. It just gets annoying when you're having a conversation and a new fan buts in with an "actually" and starts an argument - all because some YouTuber they watched passed off a meme or opinion as fact, and the new fan now thinks they know everything about the subject and can't wait to correct everybody else. 

It might be fatigue at this kind of experience (which seems to be becoming more common) that's causing the pushback you're getting.