Battle for Oghram - decide the fate of a world!

1 minute ago, Toxichobbit said:

I can't speak for others, but from a personal perspective, I'm getting fed up with influencers presenting lore that's just outright wrong. And when I say influencers I don't mean you specifically, all your lore that I've watched is solid (recent UM bants excepted) - the ones that have been annoying me for the last 12-18 months are all much newer to 40k than you and from North America. So not having a go at you or anything :smile:

But yeah, it's getting tedious hearing the same stuff repeated online and seeing people arguing over it. Purple being the Ork camouflage colour, Orks being able to imagine whatever they want into existence, anything to do with the demonculaba and countless other urban legends that a lot of the new fans now believe is fact and argue about online, because they saw it in a lore video rather than actually reading the lore. It just gets annoying when you're having a conversation and a new fan buts in with an "actually" and starts an argument - all because some YouTuber they watched passed off a meme or opinion as fact, and the new fan now thinks they know everything about the subject and can't wait to correct everybody else. 

It might be fatigue at this kind of experience (which seems to be becoming more common) that's causing the pushback you're getting. 

You know what, I completely understand that, I've seen some of that myself and have got frustrated when people bring stuff to me, let me say right now, my intention was never meant to misplace the lore, I think (hopefully) Lord Nord as misunderstood me when I explained on my stream that it was an Ultramarine loss because that's how I saw it, again, that could be completely wrong, but that's how I see it at this moment in time, hopefully GW clears some of it up so we can blame the true villains...The Dark Angels.  :laugh:

Lord Norn I am sorry that I may have upset you, friends? :smile:

10 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

You know what, I completely understand that, I've seen some of that myself and have got frustrated when people bring stuff to me, let me say right now, my intention was never meant to misplace the lore, I think (hopefully) Lord Nord as misunderstood me when I explained on my stream that it was an Ultramarine loss because that's how I saw it, again, that could be completely wrong, but that's how I see it at this moment in time, hopefully GW clears some of it up so we can blame the true villains...The Dark Angels.  :laugh:

Lord Norn I am sorry that I may have upset you, friends? :smile:

I appreciate you clearing that up. 

As someone who has been entrenched in playing and reading anything 40K for a very long time, I appreciate the excitement and enthusiasm you always come to us (and Youtube) with. 

We all love this game, this genre, and the background. I think we all want to see it succeed into the future and expand into greater things (/fingers crossed for Henry Cavill!)

One of the great things about the BnC (imo) are these lore debates. I've learned a lot from them, and met a lot of cool people as a result. 

Please, let's go forward and educate the rest of the planet on the awesomeness of 40K, and keep it respectful and thoughtful here. 

44 minutes ago, Rain said:

Are people really arguing about which color of imaginary space soldiers lost a GW marketing gim--imaginary battle? If so, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring in the name of Khorne. Ultramarines and Imperial Fists are both craven Imperial lapdogs, and so both lost. 

I totally agree with you (except for the heretical content at the end of your post, you bloodthirtsy heretic ! :tongue:)

Keep cool !

@Chapter Master Valrak ultramarines jokes are great, especially when they get offended :)    

I'm with you brother, In the Name of Dorn !! :biggrin:

Edited by Tonius

16 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

I can't speak for others, but from a personal perspective, I'm getting fed up with influencers presenting lore that's just outright wrong. And when I say influencers I don't mean you specifically, all your lore that I've watched is solid (recent UM bants excepted) - the ones that have been annoying me for the last 12-18 months are all much newer to 40k than you and from North America. So not having a go at you or anything :smile:

But yeah, it's getting tedious hearing the same stuff repeated online and seeing people arguing over it. Purple being the Ork camouflage colour, Orks being able to imagine whatever they want into existence, anything to do with the demonculaba and countless other urban legends that a lot of the new fans now believe is fact and argue about online, because they saw it in a lore video rather than actually reading the lore. It just gets annoying when you're having a conversation and a new fan buts in with an "actually" and starts an argument - all because some YouTuber they watched passed off a meme or opinion as fact, and the new fan now thinks they know everything about the subject and can't wait to correct everybody else. 

It might be fatigue at this kind of experience (which seems to be becoming more common) that's causing the pushback you're getting. 

Is it wrong though? I dunno about the Daemonculaba or whatever people are saying about the gross chaos marine baby factory but umm... Orks actually do will things into working that should not work. That's actual lore. Going back decades I can pull out old codexes and quote it that's one thing no one is making up. The purple thing I have no idea where that came from well I do I think it was just some guys idea for a joke mini that GW had a luagh with so might as well be cannon cuase Orks aren't serious. They are the comic relief in an all too serious setting. They are anthropomorhic fungi that speak with cockney accents and fly through the warp without gellar fields... Or windows. One of them traveled through time and killed himself to get a copy of his favorite gun and didn't cuase a paradox. They ride giant feral fungi beasts that are 80% mouth with no room for organs. They have teleporter guns that shoot snotlings into your guts. Bubblechucka's, grots holding up steel plates that counted as extra armour, exploding squigs, the list goes on... Yarrick's bale eye is actually a laser though. Tik Tok def misrepresented that one.

I will say Ultramarines jokes are pretty stale and low hanging fruit. Best to avoid those cuase you can do better. No ones really luaghing. Except maybe the Imperial Fists at the Iron losers.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome