Like bladeguards, hate the model

tetsuhau

They’re just a lot of crosses and marine icons for the Wolves to have on their veterans. Maybe it’s just me? And robes? Not very practical if you ask me.

My plan is to get shields from my bits bin and runed swords and slam them on assault intercessors. Any TO’s here that can tell me if they’d allow them in their events? I have the real models I can get them to a three colour with basing, but I won’t enjoy painting them because I don’t feel they fit. What’s the company’s thoughts?

15 minutes ago, CCE1981 said:

My Counts as Wulfen for my Successor Chapter.  Something similiar would make excellent Wolfy Bladeguard.

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

What models are these? Look great. 

7 minutes ago, mertbl said:

Wolf them up and throw them on 40mm bases, I don't see how anyone could object. 

See this is the answer I was hoping for. I don’t play a ton and I’m in a very relaxed group so in my group it would be fine but I just don’t know about bigger events and how sticky they are with having THE model vs a model of the same dimensions that is WYSIWYG.

Edited by tetsuhau

40 minutes ago, tetsuhau said:

What models are these? Look great. 

See this is the answer I was hoping for. I don’t play a ton and I’m in a very relaxed group so in my group it would be fine but I just don’t know about bigger events and how sticky they are with having THE model vs a model of the same dimensions that is WYSIWYG.

Forgeworld Custodes Venatari for the Bodies, and Saggitarrum for the heads.  I just cut the top spike off.  If you want more Wolfy heads there is also the Forgeworld Deathsworn:

image.thumb.jpeg.0a5feb08cd28f71151cc03f72f40a4f3.jpeg

or the Space Wolves Mk VI heads

image.thumb.jpeg.7cffee80db7014737c994109d8beb415.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Valerian said:

Here are mine, mate.  

image.thumb.jpeg.6be55ad2ae3d8d7d4bc058f10d6644bf.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fabede7c2e2810c2a9e1448e66e56650.jpeg

Nice where’d you get the sword and shield set from?

8 minutes ago, CCE1981 said:

Forgeworld Custodes Venatari for the Bodies, and Saggitarrum for the heads.  I just cut the top spike off.  If you want more Wolfy heads there is also the Forgeworld Deathsworn:

image.thumb.jpeg.0a5feb08cd28f71151cc03f72f40a4f3.jpeg

or the Space Wolves Mk VI heads

image.thumb.jpeg.7cffee80db7014737c994109d8beb415.jpeg

I was looking at those exact heads actually. 

WYSIWYG has not been part of 40K rules for a long time. Official GW events sometimes insist on models made from GW parts but even then, conversions and modifications are welcome as long as they are in the spirit of the setting and it is clear what unit the models are meant to represent.

I wolfed up my Indomitus BGVs quite well with a rummage through ym bits box.

gallery_82363_15236_99713.jpg

12 hours ago, tetsuhau said:

You made those? Well done. Honestly id pay for those.

I didn’t make them, but Vasiliy Shipilov, the fellow that I pay to build and paint my models, did. 

4 hours ago, Rune Priest Jbickb said:

These are my Bladeguard conversions. I used assault Intercessors, and 1 is the space wolf Lt, for their more dynamic motion. The Axes and shields are 3d prints but I am unsure from where, its been some time since I acquired them. 

20220715_134356.jpg

These are what I had in mind. Thanks for showing me that I will be happier going this route.

On 6/5/2023 at 11:42 PM, tetsuhau said:

They’re just a lot of crosses and marine icons for the Wolves to have on their veterans. Maybe it’s just me? And robes? Not very practical if you ask me.

Regarding crosses do the Wolves use them as much as many of other guys would I say, we have cross shaped shields and bling from their boxes after all. 

I would say that just using the SW colours, transfears and markings do a lot to make the Bladeguard feel SW, and with some light kitbash from the upgrade set or Wolf Guard box will be more than enought to make them feel as SW as you want.