Recommendations for Valhallan Heads / Bits

Go to solution Solved by Joe,

Hi all,

I’m looking to try to convert up a few squads of Valhallan guardsmen based on the Krieg kit. I’ve looked around at third-party bits sites to try and find some good Valhallan-style heads, but haven’t had much luck hitting on something I’ve liked (Victoria minis’ Valhallan heads are really showing their age; Green Stuff World only has ushankas with masks, not normal faces; I haven’t found much on other sites). Does anyone have a good source of  Valhallan-style third-party bits, especially heads? Thanks! 

Thanks both! Grotsmasha, I may very well end up using Victoria. She has a load of wonderful stuff. It looks like the Valhallans are on the older side and not holding up quite so well, though. 

Joe, thank you, that’s a great list for me to go look at. I wasn’t aware of a few of those, maybe one will tickle the right spot. 

Yep, I realized that recently, and figured I’d have to end up doing some cutting on the majority of the possibilities for third-party heads. I don’t mind it because I think the Krieg bodies will work better than going full third-party, and I don’t need a ton of them for a small force supporting an Inquisitor. 

But if anyone knows of flat-based heads meant to work with the Krieg kit then I’m definitely all ears. 

25 minutes ago, Harrowmaster said:

I don't know if you already have the Krieg kit or not but in case you don't there's going to be a lot of work to get Anvil heads to fit, The Krieg kit uses a flat neck join that the head sits on top of, the Anvil heads use a ball like the new Cadian ones. 

I second this, it takes a bit of work. Drill a 3mm hole and a bit of extra filing and cutting and sorted. 

Example with bearskin heads. 

Spoiler

large.IMG_20230519_213738.jpg.dabf200239fb4eb81d285991a9a7580d.jpg

Just now, Brother Captain Vakarian said:

@our_baz that was very helpful, thank you!! I would have cut extra from the head instead of drilling the bodies. Your method looks way easier. And I love those heads. Well done! 

FYI ball joint on the head required a little filing (not much). 

Next time I'm converting ill show the WIP in my thread as a reference. 

@Brother Captain Vakarian you are welcome.