Gladius Task Force Rules

Valerian

Combat Doctrines:  At the start of your Command phase, you can select one of the Combat Doctrines listed below.  Until the start of your next Command phase, that Combat Doctrine is active and its effects apply to all Adeptus Astartes units from your army with this ability.  You can only select each Combat Doctrine once per battle.

• Devastator Doctrine - this unit is eligible to shoot in a turn in which it Advanced.
  • Tactical Doctrine - This unit is eligible to shoot and declare a charge in a turn in which it Fell Back.
  • Assault Doctrine - This unit is eligible to declare a charge in a turn in which it Advanced.

Stratagems:

• Storm of Fire (1CP): In the shooting phase, a unit gains ignores cover, or gains ignores cover and an extra AP if in Devastator Doctrine.
  • Squad Tactics (?CP): At the end of the opponent’s move phase, if any enemy units are within 9” of a friendly unit, that unit can move D6 inches and not in engagement range, or 6” and not in engagement range in Tactical Doctrine.
  • Honour the Chapter (1CP): In the fight phase, a unit gains Lance (+1 to wound if unit charged), or Lance and an extra AP in the Assault Doctrine.
  • Armour of Contempt (1CP): When a unit is targeted for an attack, worsen attacks by 1 AP until the end of the phase.
  • Only in Death Does Duty End (2CP): When a unit is targeted in the fight phase, activate this stratagem. If a model would be destroyed, don’t remove them. At the end of the opponent’s attacks, you may fight with your destroyed models before removing them.
  • Adaptive Strategy (?CP): In your command phase select a unit, and select a doctrine. This doctrine is active for this unit until your next command phase.

Enhancements:

• Honour of Vehement: One of the model’s melee weapons gains +1 strength and attacks, or +2 strength and attacks if in Assault Doctrine.
  • Artificer Armour: Model gains 2+ save and 5+ Feel No Pain.
  • Bolter Discipline: Bearer’s unit gains Sustained hits. Not sure of value, probably Sustained Hits 1.
  • Adept of the Codex: Either bearer’s unit counts as in Tactical Doctrine, or you can select the doctrine at the beginning of the game. Not sure if this overrides the actual doctrine.

Nice, there are some useful abilities there. Honour of Vehement will allow us to field some suitable relics from the Fang. Runic Artificer Armour will keep squishy models like Rune Priests alive. Bolter Discipline could be fun on a Wolfguard Sternguard Squad.

Ironically, Adept of the Codex could be really useful to Fallback and recharge. This would allow us to get deep into enemy lines and maintain our ability to strike first.

My friend is a Space Wolves player and I can see his army benefiting from these rules a lot.

Thunder Wolves and Wulfen etc... he's often charging my stuff! Honour the Chapter terrifies me! Also provides a bit of oomph when you put such things against vehicles.

Honour Vehement is interesting if you want to spend a CP for Adaptive Strategy to go into Assault Doctrine (or do it for free depending on unit abilities for Wolf Lords) and it activates depending on the wording.

I'll be using that one myself for my Ultramarines likely...

Squad Tactics look nice too. The standard use will probably be to pull units out of charge range but it can be used much more aggressively to set up a Heroic Intervention in the following charge phase. 6 unique stratagems may not sound like a lot after what we got used to in 9th edition but all the stratagems shown look really useful and I can see plenty of scenarios for them. Ironically, I think the "kill more" strats are probably a trap in most situations and the ones that let you play about with movement and position will be the real winners.