Upscaled hellbrute possibility?

Redsun

I was tempted to get the Chaos Space Marine combat patrol box, but as they recently announced that some of the old space marine dreadnoughts were going to Legends, this kind of has me thinking that the current hellbrute model may also go that way as it's a similar scale? Do you think this is likely to get a new model?

I may get it anyway and kitbash it with a redemptor dreadnought's legs, seems like that might be easy enough to do. (I only play casually so I'm not worried about 'tournament standard' as such)

I wouldn't take the legending of the old boxnaught as what might occur to the hellbrute, as it is kind of a special case.  With the collapsing of the distinction between first born and primaris that appears to be occurring in 10th, and with variants of the retributor which duplicate the roles of most of the boxnaught variants,  GW probably felt that it was redundant and didn't make any sense to keep around the old models that had been superseded by newer variants and that the space those took up (both in terms of shelf and with their datasheets) could be best used otherwise.

Hellbrute isn't like that, as there isn't the same duplication as it is the only model we have in that role.  Plus, as noted, it is relatively modern kit (at least compared to the boxnaughts) and it fits in well with the rest of the chaos range, even if it is a bit static.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

It's also in the Chaos Marine Combat Patrol, so it's not going to get pulled unless they release a new Combat Patrol.  That's possible, but it's not likely to occur until our codex drops which was. . . what, early 2024 I think?  So we probably have some time to kill anyway.

It is a "relatively" new model kit. There are still some ancient trash in CSM product range, which need to be replaced ASAP. There are also some plastic kits older than it and don't have quite a "modern" quality. So the priority of making a new hellbrute is very low, if any.

I wouldn't mind a beefier Helbrute (mostly so I have an excuse for a second) but I don't think it is likely with this cycle. My only hope is that the now discontinued  Decimator gets a plastic refresh to become the Chaos Redemptor. 

Absolutely zero possibility I'm afraid. Only thing we might see is a new unit that's a bigger walker (there were rumours about this for a while a few years ago, don't know what happened to them). I'd love to see something on par with the primaris dreads. I guess we'll see.