Speculation for epic heroes for new dex

jonjacob

So with the tenth edition reveals I get the feeling well have some new characters cross the rubicon. 

Cassius and Sicarius seem likely. Given the edition of retinue would you want to see cassius with a retinue of of tyanic war vets? 

Sicarius with victrix command squad? 

Edited by jonjacob

I'd like to see some sort of a Primaris Command squad that looks like this:

1 Primaris Apothecary

1Primaris Champion

1 Primaris Ancient

or

1 Bladeguard Ancient

3-6 Sternguard

or

3-6 Bladeguard Veterans.

This counts as 1 use of the Apothecary, Champion and Ancient datasheets for Rule of Three purposes.   Just something that builds the "normal" command squad we're used to seeing in a Primaris format for Primaris characters. 

The end result of trying to reduce/remove the Primaris vs Firstborn segregation is less than I had hoped for. 

As much I do want to see a primaris command Squad im not sure they will do it unless they make the champion a staple. Purchase and bundle them. Could happen though. 

Sicarius +2 victrix honour guard +1 victrix ancient, 1 victrix champion. 

I'd like to see that as a retinue box. 

I would like to see some Ultramarine specific units (not Nid veterans) rather than more characters if I'm honest. My dream though would be:

Victrix Guard squad. Same sort of role/load out as the Invictarus Suzerains in 30k. Standard equipment is the suzerain axe (would either do devastating wounds on 6 or that might be a bit strong so 6 on hit automatically wound). Axe could be ap2 damage 2. 2+ save standard and shield give 4+ invun. Can equip thunderhammers too. Can either be a lone unit or a command squad. Squad size min 5 max 10. 

Locutarus storm squads. Would be primaris jump troops equipped with power weapons and heavy bolt pistols. Can change out power weapon for legatine axe (same as victrix). 2+ save standard.

Fulmentarus terminators. Armed with power weapons can upgrade to Fists. I would have similar rules to 30k. More models better the shooting. Can all equip cyclone mille launchers.

I would then squat telion and chronos. GW could then release a generic SM tank commander and a generic scout leader. The scout leader could be primaris and interact with the eliminators. The chronos one can ride primaris and first born tanks.

I would then want to see cassius and sicarius cross the rubicon. Sicarius retinue would be the victrix. I think that is fitting.

For cassius I would like him to have a jump pack. Be a bit different. He could be attached to the storm squad or primaris jump infantry....whenever they arrive. Would be kwl to have a character that can lead fast jump infantry.

Edited by Subtleknife

37 minutes ago, jonjacob said:

As much I do want to see a primaris command Squad im not sure they will do it unless they make the champion a staple. Purchase and bundle them. Could happen though. 

Sicarius +2 victrix honour guard +1 victrix ancient, 1 victrix champion. 

I'd like to see that as a retinue box. 

Except that's likely to be locked to Sicarius, and I'm looking for a generic/general/multiple chapter/company/etc version.