World Eaters Index

After a quick scan read all I can say is "D- Games Workshop. See me after class".

I particularly dislike what they've done to spawn. Mutated Beyond Reason has gone, and a unit now contains just 2 of them whereas before you could load a unit up to a maximum of 5. Why the hell they felt the need for two data sheets for Demon Prince is a strange one as well, when one datasheet with wings listed as an option would have sufficed.

9 minutes ago, The Spitehorde said:

After a quick scan read all I can say is "D- Games Workshop. See me after class".

I particularly dislike what they've done to spawn. Mutated Beyond Reason has gone, and a unit now contains just 2 of them whereas before you could load a unit up to a maximum of 5. Why the hell they felt the need for two data sheets for Demon Prince is a strange one as well, when one datasheet with wings listed as an option would have sufficed.

It's so they could give two different abilities to both versions. They did the same with the other demon prince's as well. Basically adding wings now does more than make them faster 

37 minutes ago, The Spitehorde said:

Given how much spare space there is on the datasheets for both they could have condensed two to one with no problems whatsoever. 

Or was it just a desperate plot to pad out the index?

Captains, assault squads, anything else that has an alternate flying profile got a different data sheet. 

20 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

Khârn's betrayer rule is pretty rough, best get them into combat lickity split lol

Or in a land raider. It stinks he can’t join jackals. Khârn also got a three damage weapon. Most other named characters are stuck at 2 damage. 

1 minute ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Captains, assault squads, anything else that has an alternate flying profile got a different data sheet. 

So much for GW trying to reduce bloat. They've moved it from the rules to the data sheets. 

4 minutes ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Or in a land raider. It stinks he can’t join jackals. Khârn also got a three damage weapon. Most other named characters are stuck at 2 damage. 

Oh ya, i'd put Khârn in with Jackals just for the lulz.  That would be great thematically. 

Edited by Guiltysparc

Quick thoughts: KILL MAIM BURN!

Slightly slower thoughts: MoE can be attached to Berzerkers, and gives the entire unit fights first. Very nice. 

WE Lord on Jugger’s weapon is only AP-1 D2. Oof. It only lost 1 AP, but still. I feel like it should have higher AP than a basic Berzerker Chainblade.

He lets you reroll advance and charge rolls for himself and any attached unit, but attaching him wastes some of his movement and precludes the unit from using a transport as there is no other cavalry unit to attach him to. Feels like his rules are at cross purposes with one another. My first thought was to give him the halve all damage received enhancement and attach to Exalted Eightbound as a damage sponge, but is that really better than just shoving the E8B in a Land Raider?

Berzerker glaive seems nice to increase the D of one of your character’s weapons, but the AP is still bad so, eh.

Overall, I am definitely very whelmed.

Edit: Oh, and Jakhals have sticky objectives. Wish there was a way to get it other than taking crappy chaff units that are laborious to make and paint, but it’s better than nothing.

Edited by Rain

I'm a big fan of the invuln aura from the DP without wings.  I like the trade off of wings-mobility for more foot-slogging-hardiness.  Will help a good deal in getting my 40 zerkers across the field.

Still really sad/mad about the "no generic lords" BS. Why is there no generic lord on foot or in termi armor. Zhufor is a PRIME model for that role. I figured that was just some 9th ed silliness they'd rectify going into 10th out the gate.

Not to mention, without the Lord, there's nobody to join termi squads.  Welp, I guess there's another bit of house ruling taking a generic lord in termi armor from Chaos and putting him into the WE force with translated keyword rules.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

7 minutes ago, Dark Legionnare said:

Still really sad/mad about the "no generic lords" BS. Why is there no generic lord on foot or in termi armor. Zhufor is a PRIME model for that role. I figured that was just some 9th ed silliness they'd rectify going into 10th out the gate.

Not to mention, without the Lord, there's nobody to join termi squads.  Welp, I guess there's another bit of house ruling taking a generic lord in termi armor from Chaos and putting him into the WE force with translated keyword rules.

Yeah, that really grips me as well. 

TS - Sorcerer in terminator armour can join scarab cccult terminators. 

DG - Typhus, death guard chaos lord in terminator armour, lord of contagion, death guard sorcerer in terminator armour and lord of virulence can join blightlord or deathshroud terminators

CSM - Chaos lord in terminator armour and sorcerer in terminator armour can join chaos terminators

And what do WE get? Erm.....

These points having been making the rounds, we’ll see about them tomorrow, I guess.

If true, there’s a lot of disappointment for what would have otherwise been a ton of excitement. I like the index, it has some fun and strong options inside… but these points would kill a lot of my hype. 

Screenshot_20230614_212257_Notepad_Free.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

These points having been making the rounds, we’ll see about them tomorrow, I guess.

If true, there’s a lot of disappointment for what would have otherwise been a ton of excitement. I like the index, it has some fun and strong options inside… but these points would kill a lot of my hype. 

Which would confirm my suspiscion that we use fixed unit size increases now like AoS and not buy each model individually.

Heldrakes at 215 points is pretty mad but they can spike a whole lot of MW on something, through moving over it and Devastating wounds on it's claws. Zerkers seem reasonably costed for their output?

14 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Screenshot_20230614_212257_Notepad_Free.jpeg

I mean its hard to judge points in a vacuum. If this is in line with other factions it's fine. 

What is the points difference to the 9th list? Also it would seem odd for increases when other factions (including demons) have seemingly gone down from what was seen at that tournament a little while ago.

It’s not that every entry is “too much,” and for sure the relative cost of other armies matters a lot, but just within the index itself, there are some head-scratchers.

Lord of Skulls though, looks like he’s on the menu. ;)

I’m not doom and gloom about it, but with reports of points going down relative to 9th, this list would indicate that is largely not the case. Maybe free upgrades will factor in for some units, but for others not so much.

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Which would confirm my suspiscion that we use fixed unit size increases now like AoS and not buy each model individually.

Heldrakes at 215 points is pretty mad but they can spike a whole lot of MW on something, through moving over it and Devastating wounds on it's claws. Zerkers seem reasonably costed for their output?

But the datacards say things like “4-9 Khorne Berzerkers” (plus champion.) 4-9, not 4 or 9. Implies a gradient, so, all values in between as well. Set sizes would make more sense given GW’s general belief that its playerbase is composed of somewhat dim witted children, but it appears to contradict how the datacards are set up. Guess we’ll know tomorrow.