TS Index Tricks and Combos

Xenith

A first skim of the index didn't set me on fire, however the deeper I look, things are starting to jump out at me.

The first is ensorcelled infusion, which makes inferno bolters S5, but more importantly add the PSYCHIC tag to them. This opens up a whole bunch of combos, which will sadly only effect one unit per shooting phase:

Devastating Sorcery - 1CP -  now your boltguns reroll all hits and wounds.

Cult of Magic - kindred sorcery - boltguns can be lethal, sustained or devastating - devastating is particularly good if you can get rerolls to wound. 

Magnus - PSYKER units get +1 to hit and +1 to wound with PSYCHIC weapons. 

10 Scarabs rapid with ensorcelled and devastating sorcery, with devastating wounds firing into something T10 are getting 40 shots, hitting on a 3+ rerolling, geting maybe 7 6's, followed by another 5-6 on the reroll for 11 mortal wounds.

10 scarabs with ensorcelled infusion standing next to magnus, give them sustained hits. Thats 40 shots, hitting on 2+ for 40 hits, wounding on a 2+ for 33 wounds at AP-1 which should be 16 failed saves, so mostly a dead MEQ unit. 

Stick a TDA sorcerer in there, and you're getting Lethal hits, and rerolling hit rolls of 1.

Any other cool combos you've spotted?

Sortof a combo, but I've seen some bemoning of Magnus's defense. Couple things I have seen:

One of the only primarchs to natively have deep strike. 
Has one heck of a defense combo:
Can use destined by fate once normally, echoes from the warp for a second time. So good luck taking him down with any 1-shot mega guns. 
Can re-roll 1 invuln with a command re-roll, and a second with weaver of fates. 

Arcane vortex on an infernal master with sustained hits + whatever previously mentioned combos. 

Yeeting MVB up 20" to cause mortal wound bombs and cause general havoc. 

I might have missed something somewhere, but I think our index is one of the only ones without a "Sticky objectives" rule of some sort. Which means we may have to rely on some MSU cultists, tzaangor or enlightened units to help us. Or maybe even horrors, points depending. 

14 hours ago, Ahzek451 said:

I might have missed something somewhere, but I think our index is one of the only ones without a "Sticky objectives" rule of some sort. Which means we may have to rely on some MSU cultists, tzaangor or enlightened units to help us. Or maybe even horrors, points depending. 

perhaps cultists should lose there killing or dying for command points thing and instead get a dedication to fate ability where if the are on a objective point you control at the start of your command phase you can make a roll and like on a 4+ you get a cabal point and that objective is stickied by them because of magic shenanigans.

On 6/14/2023 at 4:21 PM, Ahzek451 said:

Can re-roll 1 invuln with a command re-roll, and a second with weaver of fates. 

And a third time with Lord of Forbidden Lore + Weaver of Fates.

Magnus can be stupidly hard to take down, but it does require a fair amount of CP and Cabal Points to keep it going. 

Had my first game in 10th yesterday (against Tyranids), and two combos that I quickly became fond of are:

- Devastating Sorcery + Ensorcelled Infusion on a unit (preferably 10 SOT's with a Terminator Sorcerer). Pricy at 2 CP so use Echoes from the Warp if you have Cabal Points to spare and save yourself 1 CP.
Potentially 40 S5 AP1 shots with full re-rolls and whatever Kindred Sorcery-buff you chose that turn. 

- Arcane Vortex was an Enhancement that I intially scoffed at, then I realized that our Daemon Prince (who is amazing by default, he brings so much to the table. Will more or less always bring one in my lists) have [psychic] attacks in melee and so suddenly strikes at S7/9 D2/4 instead of S6/8 D1/3. Add Devastating Sorcery and he becomes quite the powerhouse against most things, especially when you add whatever Kindred Sorcery-buff you have on top. 

If your Terminator Sorcerer has Lord of Forbidden lore, than you can do both these combos every turn, altough it will cost you 12 Cabal Points (2 refunded if you have a Helbrute close by - a free reroll is nothing to scoff at) and a CP.