Daemon point costs

Castigator

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.warhammer-community.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F06%2FoF1iWIkNsvlUHByM.pdf%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR25QA0DRHRBhotHiAM9xfcxAh2iWCBNZwBdMa9rnC7UBmzagnkcpI4RWBk&h=AT0i5T2z1k5LIooy2sLb5zbmG3LqWK_61Ol67ZhBekqO4X5aPHntI-cIic8qwhVHB6XqJqHchYWZ8lvAfspBZfhEY8OxIwkRtWMj0fsK5tTkQ-MMqqUglbChlmbDNz4q260

I've just had a quick browse through the points and being a Slaanesh player a couple of things have jumped out. 

Shalaxi Helbane is 400pts! I mean wow I'm speechless. 

Does anybody see something that I don't that makes her remotely worthy of that price?

Even a regular Keeper of Secrets is 330pts...I'm just not seeing the reason for such a high points cost compared to Bloodthirsters or Be'lakor which are cheaper.

Yeah, 400 is pretty damn steep - as is 330 for the regular keeper, given that they will struggle to do more than scratch vehicles.

One weird one is that the foot demon prince is 215 while the winged one is 195 - which seems odd.  The chaos marines version is 185 and 195, respectively, so I'm guessing that our foot one's cost is a typo.

Demonettes are another unit where I think they got the points wrong, though this one is probably intentional - that's how much they were last edition when they had a 4++ against shooting (and were still overcosted).

She expensive but she has 6 attacks at S14/AP-3/Dam D6+2, and re-rolls charges, hits, wounds, and damage with precision!  Shalaxi has a ~50% chance to kill a full health baneblade on the charge.  If you use the -1 ap strategem it 74%. If the moster/vehicle/character doesn't have Fight First its dying.  There a huge difference between her and a regular KOS, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Chemosh said:

How do people feel about Bloodletters? They seem quite expensive in comparison to say Marines or Warriors...

I think most of the lesser Daemons seem a bit on the expensive side.

I realise that a lot of them will hit hard, especially with a character added to them, but their fragility makes them too expensive in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Yeah, 400 is pretty damn steep - as is 330 for the regular keeper, given that they will struggle to do more than scratch vehicles.

One weird one is that the foot demon prince is 215 while the winged one is 195 - which seems odd.  The chaos marines version is 185 and 195, respectively, so I'm guessing that our foot one's cost is a typo.

Demonettes are another unit where I think they got the points wrong, though this one is probably intentional - that's how much they were last edition when they had a 4++ against shooting (and were still overcosted).

There both are way to expensive but the Keeper is criminally under powered given how difficult killing vehicles is this edition.  I'm still miffed that niether has a strike and sweep profile.  But for some reason they decided to make the KOS a durable buff piece for other Slaaneshi daemons.  That said tag teaming with Shalaxi makes Soulpeircer S14/AP-4/D6+2.

The winged prince is cheaper though because he doesnt have the buff aura baked in.  But look how cheap the Contorted Epitome and Syll'esske are in comparisson.

Daemonettes are priced to high and should have a unit size of at least 10-20. That's alot of points for a unit that will not make it into combat intact and will take damage on the swing back. Ten models aren't enough to protect a Traceweaver and she's not threat with half of her squad dead.

38 minutes ago, Castigator said:

I think most of the lesser Daemons seem a bit on the expensive side.

I realise that a lot of them will hit hard, especially with a character added to them, but their fragility makes them too expensive in my eyes.

I have to say I think Bloodletters are massively overpriced, more than any other lesser Daemon unit,, 160 points is ALOT.

2 hours ago, Castigator said:

I certainly wouldn't disagree Chemosh, I'm not sure where GW is getting the price from.

I have to say the Daemon rules seems cool and some pretty powerful I think it’s just the points costs are a little off (as a general rule slightly over costed) across the board with some exceptions.