Liber Antiquia: An unofficial community Aeldari supplement for The Horus Heresy

Hey everyone!

As previously promised by the team, it's finally time for the first of the new factions written by Panoptica Team to join the Horus Heresy; without further ado, please join me in welcoming the Aeldari!

The Liber Antiquia contains the following rules for Craftworld Eldar, the Asuryani:

• Full rules for all units.
  • Rules for World-Runes, unique variations in the way the Craftworlds make war.
  • Rules for Aspect Shrines, unique Psychic Powers, and more.
  • Rules for the mightiest heroes of the Asuryani - The Phoenix Lords, and the Avatar of Khaine.

The Liber Antiquia also contains the following rules for Harlequins, the Saedath:

• Full rules for all units.
  • Rules for Saedathii Detachments - the unique war-dances the Harlequins performed upon their enemies.

This book also reveals all the small pointers and hints present in the v4 version of Liber Panoptica - we hope you were paying attention to spot them all!

If you want to download the Liber Antiquia, it's available below:
https://hh-ageofdarkness.itch.io/liberantiquia

If you want to join our discord to talk with us about the project, you can join us at the link below:
https://discord.gg/HH-Age-of-Darkness

The team hope you enjoy this project - it's been over 6 months in the making!

Thanks all!

Cover.PNG

It's all the best bits of the every dex since 4th then turned up a bit on top of that, in an edition of the game where ap 3 blasts and multi shot guns are rare it has them in spades as well as lots of weapons having some form of breaching or rending on top of that. 

It's an imbalanced mess and while you can see the love that went into it, it is far to much Fan and not nearly enough dex.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:03 PM, Toldavf said:

It's all the best bits of the every dex since 4th then turned up a bit on top of that, in an edition of the game where ap 3 blasts and multi shot guns are rare it has them in spades as well as lots of weapons having some form of breaching or rending on top of that. 

It's an imbalanced mess and while you can see the love that went into it, it is far to much Fan and not nearly enough dex.

I'd disagree on the "has them in spades" comment regarding mass AP; whilst they exist in the book, the ability to take an army using a lot of them results in the player lacking a lot of other options. There's also the general flimsy nature of the eldar - they melt to a stiff breeze, so a marines army dismantles them well. Also, other factions like custodes / mech have access to a similar amout of firepower, but they're not considered horrendous to play against in 2.0.

Ultimately, I'll say what I'd say to any feedback of this ilk - I appreciate it, but I recommend playing a few games with the book before writing it, and the hard work of the team that went into it, off.