New to HH: concerning Blackshields

So I have aquired three dozen Mk.6 Marines and a HH rulebook the other day. As fate wills it, this same week also saw GW coming around with some rather unfortunate decisions concerning 40K. Long story short: I would like to dip my toes into some HH waters.

Blackshields are the thing I want to go for first. They seem to be in the "coming soon" area of rules, but obviously do not need any specific models other than what is available already. My first question for HH veterans would be: what legion list would be best suited for Blackshields right now? I have yet to get one of the armylist books - and while I know that I could technically use any legion list, I also believe that some would be better suited than others. Any suggestions on the topic are appreciated.

More of a background and modelling question: how appropriate would it be to incorporate Chaos parts in conversions? I am not talking tentacles and mutations, but spikes, skulls and the like.

I am sure I will have more questions soon, so thanks in advance for all feedback already!

Any of them work to some degree, I'm sure every legion produced blackshields after all, it's probably best to try a few for now as we have no idea what form black shields will take if they ever get rules again.

Chaos stuff is fine, some works for both sides and obviously as the war goes on the traitors specifically get more chaotic until the siege era sees them in essentially 40k style chaos marines.

A great resource for new players is the hh legions card game on Steam or mobile, the card library feature Is essentially an art gallery of all eras of heresy art, including a load of blackshields stuff for inspiration 

Dark Angels since they have a "can do everything" set of rules.

Want to go full Destroyer Company? Dreadwing

Assassins/Head Hunters? Firewing
Armored Company? Ironwing 

etc.

Theyre also already black for the most part.