Hounds of Morkai

spjaco

So do the HoM get assigned to each company or are they detached?  How many Packs of these wolves go to each company on average?  Or are they held with Logan's GC and assigned out as needed/requested?

Oh and what color are they supposed to be based as since its a Darker Grey.....

Have a wolfy day.  

PS.....  I did search to see if this question had already be presented and came up empty.  If this is not the case just add it to the related topic, please and thank you.

Edited by spjaco

spjaco, can’t help you on the lore question - I don’t recall that having been answered (as much about the Primaris Space Wolves has not really been addressed).

When you ask “what color are they supposed to be based as since its a Darker Grey” - are you asking about what colors GW paints them, or what colors should you use on the base of the model?

Assuming you mean what colors - 

I painted my Hounds (what I call Kine G’madath “in the Fenrisian”) up as follows (can see them finished on page 8 of my Drakeslayers thread here in the Fang): 

Base armor: 2 Dark Reaper:1 Abaddon Black

Shade: Black Templar Contrast to black line armor plate joins, Nuln Oil across large recessed areas

Highlight: 1:1 Dark Reaper:Mech Stnd Grey -> 1:1:1 Thunderhawk Blue:Mech Stnd Grey:Dawnstone -> 1:1 Thunderhawk Blue:Administratum Grey

Spot Highlight: Grey Seer

GW’s Parade Ready painting:

Hope one of those might help you out!

Edited by Bryan Blaire

My recipe is, Grey Seer base, couple of thin coats of Fenrisian Grey until you get a good even coat. Then I make a mix of Drakenhof Nightshade (the new release of shade paints as it works into the recesses better) with Contrast medium at a 1:3 ratio. Do at least 2 coats of this or once you are happy with the mix you can add less Contrast Medium and do less coats. You should still get highlights from the Fenrisian Grey.

• 2 weeks later...