Call to Arms Reminder

Jolemai

Just a reminder that there is a multi-forum summer paint event on the B&C this July!

The concept and full rules can be found on the link above. The Blood Angels sub-forum participates as part of the Imperium Stronghold, in particular the Adeptus Astartes side of things. It is that parent forum where the Outpost will go for you entries. However, you can pledge pretty much whatever you want in the relevant sections and there are irl prizes on offer too...

For those of you interested, it is a good way to encourage yourselves to get some painting done of the next three months and to help push your chosen Stronghold onwards. So yeah, get some stuff prepped and go and have fun :thumbsup:

I've never done a Call to Arms and haven't focused much on hobbying before recently, but I've gotten the itch and I've got a LOT of Blood Angel Grey hanging around that needs paint.  The rules are comprehensive as far as the actual competition goes, but when you say "pledge", what does that mean?  Do I have to basically put forth what I intend to paint, and then I get points based on what I do, or do I lose points based on what I don't accomplish, or can I just "pledge" that I'm doing Blood Angels and whatever I finish, I get points for our team on?

Sorry if that's answered somewhere and I overlooked it!  I have a feeling when threads open on the 24th most of my questions will be answered but this is the immediate one I am still confused on.

A pledge, or vow, is you saying you'll complete X during the event. 

For example, I'm going to be busy in July but I was planning on painting five Terminators for a different event* anyway. So when the event starts if I want to be involved I will post on the Outpost thread (which isn't live yet) saying that I'm going to paint five Terminators before the end of the event. That is my pledge/vow.

Any pledge/vow you're working on is considered your active one and this can't be changed until it is completed, at which point it will be recorded (5 points for those Terminators) and then you can make another vow if you wish - however, if you fail any subsequent vow, then you lose all your points. Active vows will need to be fully completed to gain any points at all and "completed" is when you say it is complete, not anyone else.

Three months is a long time, but there will always be various challenges (weather/vacation/irl stuff/etc) so maybe start with a squad or vehicle and then go from there once you get it done :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Jolemai said:

A pledge, or vow, is you saying you'll complete X during the event. 

For example, I'm going to be busy in July but I was planning on painting five Terminators for a different event* anyway. So when the event starts if I want to be involved I will post on the Outpost thread (which isn't live yet) saying that I'm going to paint five Terminators before the end of the event. That is my pledge/vow.

Any pledge/vow you're working on is considered your active one and this can't be changed until it is completed, at which point it will be recorded (5 points for those Terminators) and then you can make another vow if you wish - however, if you fail any subsequent vow, then you lose all your points. Active vows will need to be fully completed to gain any points at all and "completed" is when you say it is complete, not anyone else.

Three months is a long time, but there will always be various challenges (weather/vacation/irl stuff/etc) so maybe start with a squad or vehicle and then go from there once you get it done :thumbsup:

This is EXACTLY the break-down i was looking for!!! You should pitch it to the other moderators to add to that big thread since it breaks down the nitty-gritty a bit.

Thanks Jolemai!

Based on my (slow) progress in previous events, I'll be making small vows so I can actually complete them. But I'm thinking I'll be working on the Leviathan and BA combat patrol side by side, so I should hopefully be able to get some stuff done; there's 15 easy points in the basic infantry at least. Already working on custom bits and assembly, so once Leviathan arrives I can do them too, so that'll hopefully be enough ready for priming on d-day. I do have some nice basing in mind though, which is something I always look forward to so will give me an incentive!

I'm currently struggling with my painting, it's so hot and humid at the moment that my progress is nowhere near where I want it to be. Ideally I'd get all of Leviathan done along with a bunch of other stuff in three months, but if July and August are like June has been even even just Leviathan might be tricky.

I'm ready! If I get these guys done early enough I've also got ten assault terminators and ten vanguard vets in the queue!

IMG_7452.jpeg
sorry about the blurry picture...

edit: they are primed now, but I wanted to take the picture before that as to make model recognition easier. 

Edited by Paladin777

1 hour ago, Damon Nightman said:

Hey, Jol! Do you know if the vows have to be complete units? If I wanted to paint 2 sanguinary guard, would I be able to enter just 2 or does it need to be at least 5 to meet the minimum unit size? 

Appears to be fine and that would earn you two points for a completion. 

1 minute ago, Jolemai said:

"I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint: 5x Terminators; 1x Thunderhawk Gunship for 25 pts for the Glory of Blood Angels Faction of the Bolter and Chainsword and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20230707_212428756.jpg

IMG_20230707_212513058.jpg

:blink: