Exodites 10th ed concept (new to Eldar)

MaliGn

Okay, I've been kicking an idea around for some time and have finally bitten the bullet and taken the first step towards it.

The base concept is to create an Exodite force that feels quite Saturday morning 80's cartoon, punk rock, mad Max vibes. So my concept is a desert wasteland Exodite force so cut off from typical Aeldari tech that they have resorted to adapting mon-keigh technology. While establishing some of the imagery of some early concept sketches - think spiked boots, elaborate hairdos, patched armour and so on. Perhaps fewer dinosaurs than a typical Exodite look (although this may become incorporated in the future) I had planned to use a mix of Aeldari, drukhari and Escher gang kits as the foundation (in particular corsairs, rangers and witches plus raiders) for this possibly branching out into some of the AoS idoneth and lumineth for parts here and there. 

Because of my intent to build from kits across the ranges I'd been planning to use I'd been thinking that an Ynnari force might be the best way to represent, however reading the current index to access Ynnari rules (and therefore drukhari rules) corsairs are out (even though yvraine and the visarch are leaders for Corsair units). So I guess what I'm trying to figure out as someone who is entirely unfamiliar with Eldar armies is would it be better to just use Corsair models to represent either guardians of kabalites when choosing units to work around the Ynnari restrictions or to use drukhari models to represent units in the Aeldari rules. Bearing in mind that everything will be modelled to fit the visual aesthetic I outlined at the beginning of this rather rambling post.

Either way I've managed to pick up the Aeldari boarding patrol as a starting point, but am very much of a mindset to gather parts before I start modelling. I'm thinking a drukhari combat patrol and a few Escher boxes will be next, maybe rangers and the visarch.

open to some suggestions on how this concept would be approached by folks more familiar with the ruleset and model range.

Edited by MaliGn

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, as I have an exodite project of my own on the go, one faction of which is a desert clan. I like your idea of them being cut off from wider exodite/aeldari society and devolving to using human weaponry.

With regards to dinosaurs, what about using more desert like reptilian creatures? Four legged beasts with black, white, or very light brown/tan colourings? I'm looking for creatures like that, myself. I think I'm going to use the Fireslayers Magmadroth as a great black desert dragon...

• 6 months later...

So, I've taken the plunge and built my first prototype I've combined a couple of Escher bits with a guardian. This is going to be a much more frustrating project than I first envisioned as nothing is really natively compatible, I get the feeling I may well be in for a lot of cutting and rebuilding.

PXL_20231230_160429856.thumb.jpg.e38036dde31c78aad68024ccf646ea98.jpgPXL_20231230_1604429792.thumb.jpg.f8c25ce66b8b49c822bc6d57ea0591ee.jpg

For example to add the Escher leg i first had to add the native peg and then cut it off at the thigh or he'd have been butt-less. I still had to do a fair bit of filling even after that. 

I'm a bit conflicted about the high heels too, probably easier to add heels to the Eldar feet than remove them from the Escher ones though. 

Moved ahead and built a few more guardian defender equivalents using a mixture of guardian, Corsair and Escher parts, some were more involved than others. I'm not fully sure yet how this project will develop or if these are even quite matching my vision, but as test models I'm reasonably happy with them. I'm going to pause here when it comes to building them and start thinking about colour schemes. 

PXL_20240101_131858566.thumb.jpg.70418b99af4d706acebfc568b4fa1161.jpgPXL_20231231_144036601.thumb.jpg.ecbd293023169db364abab03cbdc3209.jpgPXL_20240101_131928011.thumb.jpg.d2d7d904bd27d21f91fd5017d61a1f4e.jpg

PXL_20240101_132224656.thumb.jpg.8384f8f63df1f2dde5be97546cd28f7b.jpgPXL_20240101_132002727.thumb.jpg.a423ce931ee43442e7fcd7b068ed4e2f.jpgPXL_20240101_131949352.thumb.jpg.866916fdd2a5a206c8ce7b59e3f3fc72.jpg

I'm thinking they will largely be a bone-white with red and black accents, possibly in different arrangements.

I've also been thinking a bit more about the events that led to this group of Exodites adopting this style and use of mon-keigh tech and am thinking that some form of disaster befell the Maiden World rendering it back to a wasteland. These remnants are fighting for survival and to restore their home world that is now also under threat from invading humans and others.