Ordo Hereticus Chamber Militant Detachment- Feedback Needed

Okay folks, here's the first draft of the Ordo Hereticus Chamber Militant Detachment. This installment includes the detachment rule, four enhancements and six strategems. Once we have some feedback, round two will include datasheets- some of which will be modified from the Index. 

The final installment will be Crusade Content. This may wait until more Crusade resources are available as a template. Without further ado, here it is:

Ordo Hereticus Chamber Militant Detachment:

Detachment Rule: All members of this detachment must have the Imperial Agent Keyword. This detachment can be fielded with an Adepta Sororitas detachment provided that the total points cost for both detachments does not exceed the point limit for the battle. Units in this detachment continue to be impacted by their army and detachment rules and use their own strategems and enhancements; units in the Adeptus Sororitas detachment continue to benefit from their army and detachment rules and use their own strategems and enhancements. Additionally:

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors and Inquisitor Lord units in this detachment may purchase Adepta Sororitas transports for their use.

As long as one Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord is on the field, all units in this detachment receive 5+ Feel No Pain against any damage inflicted by a psychic attack or ability.

As long as one Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord is on the field, all units in this detachment may reroll wounds against any unit that includes a model with the Psyker Keyword.

Designer's note: these abilities may seem very powerful: this is intentional. The Agents list is somewhat light on heavy firepower, and their Army ability merely sets terms for their use as Assigned Agent units rather than conferring an actual benefit to units in the detachment.

Enhancements:

Drawn from the Chamber: An Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord with this ability is a former member of the Adepta Sororitas. They may perform Acts of Faith using the Miracle Dice pool of their attached Adepta Sororitas detachment.

Ignus Judicium: Add 6” to the range of any Inferno Pistol equipped by this Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord. If this Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord makes an attack against any unit that includes a model with the Psyker Keyword, you can reroll the damage roll.

Inquisitorial Mandate: Once per turn, at the end of your movement phase, select one enemy unit within 12” that contains a model with the Psyker Keyword; that unit must immediately take a Battle Shock Test.

Commanding the Chamber: In your Command phase, select an Adepta Sororitas unit within 12” of this Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord's unit. Until the end of the turn, that Adepta Sororitas unit may reroll wound rolls against any unit that includes a model with the Psyker Keyword.

Designer's Note: All but the Ignis Judicium could easily be adapted to the other Ordos and their Chambers, but I'm not sure I want to do that. The last thing I want is Ordos to feel too samey- it's one of the reasons why I decided to look at datasheets for each Ordo.

Strategems:

Strategic Excrutiation

1 CP

Ordo Hereticus Chamber Militant- Strategic Ploy

When: Any phase.

Target: One unit from this detachment that has just destroyed an enemy unit that included a model with the Psyker Keyword.

Effect: Roll one D6; on a 6+ gain a Command Point. If this unit contains an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord, gain a command point on a 5+ instead.

To the Exclusion of All Else

1 CP

When: Your opponent's movement or charge phase just after an enemy unit that includes a model with the Psyker Keyword is set up, starts or finishes a normal, advance, fall back or charge move.

Target: One unit from this detachment that is within 24” of that enemy unit and that would be eligible to shoot if it were your shooting phase.

Effect: You can shoot that enemy unit as if it were your shooting phase.

Restrictions: Until the end of the phase, each time a model in your unit makes a ranged attack, an unmodified Hit roll of 6+ is required to score a hit, irrespective of the attacking weapon's Ballastic Skill or any modifiers. If your unit includes an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord, an unmodified Hit roll of 5+ is required instead. This strategem may only be used once per turn.

Clandestine Operation:

1 CP

When: Deployment

Target: One unit from this detachment which includes an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord and one other unit from this detachment.

Effect: Your units may set up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9” from the enemy deployment zone, but these units must be within 6” of each other.

Sell Your Lives Dearly

1 CP

When: Fight phase, just after an enemy unit has selected its targets.

Target: One unit from this detachment that was selected as a target for one or more of that enemy unit's attacks.

Effect: Until the end of the phase, each time a model in your unit has been destroyed, if that model has not fought this phase, do not remove it from play. The destroyed model can fight after the attacking model's unit has finished making attacks and is then removed from play.

Evoking the Faith of the Chamber

1 CP

When: Any phase after an enemy unit that includes a model with the Psyker Keyword is destroyed by a friendly unit from this detachment.

Target: The friendly unit from this detachment which destroyed that enemy unit.

Effect: This unit may add 1 Miracle Dice to the pool of the attached Adepta Sororitas detachment. If this unit contains an Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord, add on D3 Miracle Dice instead.

Counter Intelligence

1 CP

Ordo Hereticus Chamber Militant

When: Any phase, immediately after an enemy unit that contains a model with the Psyker Keyword uses a strategem.

Target: The enemy unit that used that strategem.

Effect: Increase the cost of that strategem by one for the remainder of the game.

Designer's Note: I tried to find exemplar strats and copy their wording, so most of these should be consistent with existing rules. The exception is Counter Intelligence; I know that I've seen this ability in a 10th ed format somewhere... I just forget where. In addition to any other feed back, if any of you know the rule, tell me where I can find GW's version so I can adjust for consistency.

I know that many folks will see this as hard counter or a "versus" army, and there is some truth to that. But I think that it provides several interesting interactions between the Ordo, its Chamber and their Quarry. Certainly, this detachment and it's attached Chamber detachment do gain additional power against their Quarry,  but they do not lose any of the functionality they have as is. 

Let me know what you think.

First datacard:

Front:

Hereticus Inquisitor Front.png

Back:

Hereticus Inquisitor Back.png

As you can see, not much difference. More load-out options, and some detachment specific Leader options. The datacard template is created now, so the next time I want to add a card, it should be easier. The Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor Lord will have better stats and different abilities. The only other card I'll need to make is a new Inquisitorial Henchman unit- I just need to add 0-2 Crusaders, 0-2 Death Cult Assassins and 0-2 Arcoflagellants to the options. I might make a Repressor card too, but we'll hold off on that for a bit.

Edited by ThePenitentOne