=] Call to Arms: Imperium Stronghold [=

On 7/19/2023 at 10:07 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 5 Terminators for 5 pts for the Glory of {insert Forum} and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

20230719_214612.jpg

My vow is complete.

I have a feeling it will be a little while before I get back to the Imperium Stronghold.

20230810_200849.jpg

After completing my 3 vows in the Xenos´ forum, it is high time for me to pray for my redemption. As it is, I, Bouargh, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 4 ooP rhino chassis tanks for a total of 20 pts for the Glory of Adeptus Astartes and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end and a redemptive Crusade (and reclaim the worlds lost to the fool Aeldarii I suported in the other Stronghold).

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d4f36eec4dd44cd671c853df95a44590.jpeg

The Rhino with SPaced Armour is a repainting while the 3 other tanks will see paint for the first time.

Game wise I used the Predator with the Vehicle Design Rules to get a proxy Baal Predator for my SM at the time the VDR rules terified the battlefields. The various spares from early Sororitas tanks were used to personalize some Rhinos and to do a proxy Infernum Razorback (on the right) 

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, heed the Call to Arms for the Imperium and pledge to paint seven infantry (7x1), a heavy weapons team (1x2), and four characters (4x5) for a total of twenty-nine points for the Glory of the Adeptus Astartes on or before September 30, 2023, or bear the badge of failure til year's end.

IMG_4980.jpg

Alright, I've been meaning to make this vow for a bit but have been away and/or not able to get to the painting table. Included in that vow are two old metal chaplains (one of whom I've magnetized for both Jump operations and on-foot ops), and I may even toss in another chaplain I got second-hand but don't want to fully strip and repaint as a bonus non-scoring model.

There's only one complicated paint scheme in this mix, so hopefully it goes smoothly.

My vow has been completed for the glory of Dorn and the Crimson Fists. (I am not basing until the person I split the box with has their scheme down and tested so I can match.) These models were very fun to paint and I want to thank everyone for putting up the event! Great for the painting motivation. Good luck to everyone in pursuit of completion in their hobby goals.

crimsonfists.jpg

On 8/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, Bouargh said:

After completing my 3 vows in the Xenos´ forum, it is high time for me to pray for my redemption. As it is, I, Bouargh, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 4 ooP rhino chassis tanks for a total of 20 pts for the Glory of Adeptus Astartes and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end and a redemptive Crusade (and reclaim the worlds lost to the fool Aeldarii I suported in the other Stronghold).

Hide contents

The Rhino with SPaced Armour is a repainting while the 3 other tanks will see paint for the first time.

Game wise I used the Predator with the Vehicle Design Rules to get a proxy Baal Predator for my SM at the time the VDR rules terified the battlefields. The various spares from early Sororitas tanks were used to personalize some Rhinos and to do a proxy Infernum Razorback (on the right) 

Aaah the vdr are well remembered here.

The not baal predator for my bt. Twin linked assault cannon and heavy bolter, souped up engine. All that goodyness for jut a bit more than a regular lr

On 8/9/2023 at 10:57 PM, Forté said:

Oops. Just realised I've been painting 5 more Marines than I pledged :facepalm:

20230808_201655.thumb.jpg.a6814964a809f43ddb85d404c75d6393.jpg

Glossed parts ready for transfers. Then gloss all over, oil wash, matt varnish, and basing.

If the extras were started at the same time, I'm inclined to allow them, let me know.

"I, Whatever my Title is Galron, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint: 9x terminators, 5x Cenobium Knights, 9 Infernus, 10 Sternguard, 5 Desolators and 1 Terminator Chaplain for 42 pts for the Glory of the Dork Angels Faction of the Bolter and Chainsword and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

My start pics are on the thread about this on the Astartes general forum. Ill post finished ones here. Didnt know this was a thread here until just a few minutes ago. Down to 5 Cenobium knights and they are on the detail stage. Then decals for everyone. Thats going to take a day on its own.

Edited by Galron

Vow number 1 in the Imperium Stronghold Completed

On 8/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, Bouargh said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Rhino with Spaced Armour is a repainting while the 3 other tanks will see paint for the first time.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.be59bada631e80828da73a75d6042714.jpeg

So, here we go with 20 pts more for Adeptus Astartes/Space Wolves. 

As I am waiting for some AdMech (the shipment has (after 3 weeks in standby) been confirmed yesterday) I expect placing soon a second vow...

Edited by Bouargh
Grammar

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1 Librarian in Terminator Armour (5 pts?) for the Glory of Ultramarines and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

20230817_195225.jpg

On 8/21/2023 at 10:25 PM, Brother Captain Arkley said:

"I, Brother Captain Arkley, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 1 Librarian in Terminator Armour (5 pts?) for the Glory of Ultramarines and the Imperium Stronghold on or before 30th September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until years end."

20230817_195225.jpg

Librarian complete. 

large.20230826_155719.jpg.b9118fdea2efb7120bbf36249f401bb3.jpglarge.20230826_155733.jpg.d896ef35f576527322de9736c64548d5.jpg

large.20230826_155744.jpg.e50fd56f618ed8dbbe9b43ba29717e82.jpg

*Exits a warp portal from 5 years ago*

Now I've finished my Blackstone Fortress hostiles I'm working on my Imperial vow. Base coats are coming on nicely but oh so many little details!

IMG_20230826_191105~2.jpg

Edited by Cactus
Photo fixed. Happy times.

Currently baseless I know but I am trying to push through things:

large.InferusMarines1After.jpg.7505ced649435d57667f8048c15c0591.jpg.4a0e177a64006cb280071a3b1eaac324.jpg

@Cleon That line work on your Librarian mate is something else. Wish I had the brush control and patience to pull off something light that.  And you have inspired my to use black on some of my terminator fists.  Keep up the good work mate.

@Brother Captain Arkley That is such a sweet blue on you Librarian.  Your work continues to inspire me mate.  The consistent quality and speed you crank these guys out is impressive.