First 2k List for 10th Edition

DanPesci

So finally sat down with the new points and hashed out a new army list. This is by no means competitive but instead fitting in my existing army into 10th (this is very much using mostly firstborn marines, no TWC or wulfen. Id truescaled all my grey hunters/wolf guard previously so its more of a 5th edition traditional list with a few additions (bladeguard as counts as wolf guard, eliminators as counts as wolf scouts etc). I wanted to also try the SW detachment, despite the gladius probably being the better choice. Luckily I already had various Wolf Guard Terminators built for pack leaders to max out on character support.

Voidwolf Executioners - 2k Pts

Wolf Lord in TDA - Relic Blade, Chainfist, Frost Weapon

Arjac

Ragnar

Iron Priest - Pelt of balewolf

Murderfang

WGPL in TDA  - CML, CombiW, T.hammer

WGPL in TDA  - CML, CombiW, T.hammer

WGPL in TDA  - CML, CombiW, SS

Grey Hunters x5

Pack Leader - P.fist

2x Melta, Chainswords, boltguns, b.pistols

Grey Hunters x5

Pack Leader - P.fist

2x Melta, Chainswords, boltguns, b.pistols

Grey Hunters x5

Pack Leader - P.fist

2x Plasma, Chainswords, boltguns, b.pistols

Long Fangs x6

Pack Leader - P.fist, grav gun

5x Grav Cannon

Eliminators x3

Instigator bolt carbine

2x bolt sniper rifle

Bladeguard veterans x6

neovolkite pistol

Wolf Guard Terminators x5

Combiweapons, thunder hammer, 1 with CML if FAQd to keep combat weapon

SW Venerable Dreadnought - Axe & Shield

SW Venerable Dreadnought - Axe & Shield

------------

Wolf Lord & Arjac join the terminators, likley in reserve

Ragnar joins bladeguard and charges up with hunters and dreads

Vens give out reroll buffs.

Pack leaders join 2 GH and Long Fangs and hope for CML monster/vehicle kills

Iron priest hands out healing dreads, potentially joining the third GH pack (mainly in due to points - as is the balewolf pelt)

With 8 characters in the list, can hopefully unlock some sagas :)

I like the ven dreadssince they are one off the few ways to creatate buff aura's still. I was thinking on trying them with big blobs of Bloodclaws

Further im not so keen on the characters, but bringing a bunch of wgpls seem smart to hunt for some sagas

Bear in mind the free wargear. A PL in PA can take a Power FIst and Combi weapon or TH/SS to add some decent hitting power to the unit.

For a 5-man unit, he also raises the number of kills required to take Battleshock tests from 3 to 4. Also he allows a failed BS test to be rerolled once per game.

Edited by Karhedron

6 hours ago, Lionsbane said:

Keep in mind they are also going to give up VP to assassinate pretty easy. 

Most players so far seem to be leaning toward playing Tactical Missions, vice Fixed Missions.  And when you draw Assassination as a Tactical Mission, at most you're going to score 5 Victory Points.  

11 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Bear in mind the free wargear. A PL in PA can take a Power FIst and Combi weapon or TH/SS to add some decent hitting power to the unit.

For a 5-man unit, he also raises the number of kills required to take Battleshock tests from 3 to 4. Also he allows a failed BS test to be rerolled once per game.

Yeah I think after the free wargear it isnt too bad, the PA leader still seems a bit expensive, but the terminator leading grey hunters seems solid. Cyclone missle launchers to try take last wounds off vehicles, and as the squad can advance and shoot, maybe feels the lack of transport a bit less (am tied between melta guns and plasma)

I like the ven dreadssince they are one off the few ways to creatate buff aura's still. I was thinking on trying them with big blobs of Bloodclaws

Yeah they seem solid, good aura, and a nice counter punch, or assault unit to throw up by itself (plan is to have 1 babysit the lonfangs/home hunter unit, and the other go up the board with MF and other hunters), hopefully they can stick around past T1 if they make some invs. 

Im not sure if 2 is fully worthwhile when we alreay have oath of moment for full rerolls on a unit, but redundancy is nice. I could drop one and add in another troops unit (and maybe swap the iron priest out at the same time) but dont have the models for that just now (and I find it hard to not include 3 dreads)

Out of interest do we know how many points the spartan is yet?

Edited by DanPesci