The Jade Dynesty rides again

Galron

Slowly I am converting my armies to 10th. Seems like yesterday we were locked in our homes under quarantine and eagerly opening our new 9th boxes and making real dents in our piles of shame. No really, it feels like it was last year. Anyway, Necrons are probably my favorite crossover from last edition. Units I like seem to have been improved and made more usable so yay.

This is an early list but one I might try out next week since I really dont have to make any model adjustments unlike my marines, some of whom need a lot of work and new models.

-Skorpekh lord Sepiturnal Weave

-Locust lord  Hyperdermal ablator

-Skorpekhs x6

-Heavy destroyers x3

-Seraptik Construct

-Warriorsx10 

-Deathmarks x 10(x2)

-Canoptek wraiths x6 

-Doomsday ark 

? Canoptek Reanimator 95

-Technomancer

1990 points

Think I have most bases covered even if it is a jack of all trades style army. Ill have the deathmarks somewhere with good lines of sight and supported by the reanimator. In theory the Seraptik will be somewhat close to the reanimator with the technomancer making this core of fire support very difficult to bring down at range. Everyone else pushes forward and melees or does the mid range fight while grabbing objectives. I love the new Seraptik and the new price point that makes it somewhat more worth it.

I prefer 10 Immortals to 10 Warriors but I needed 10 points

The ? is a note to me to check and see if mine is even built lol.

I might sub the Seraptik out for a pair of doom scythes, they will look pretty cool on the table too.

Edited by Galron

Played a game just to play around and figure out the rules. The Seraptik is pretty nasty and killed a hammerhead first shot of the game. Its total kill count was longstrike, a crisis team + commander, and half of the Stormsurge. The Doomsday ark died T1 from said stormsurge that it only inflicted 10D on and a pair of broadsides. We played the deathmarks wrong and thought precision was like it is in HH and is only on a critical hit, even then, they still killed an ethereal, a fireblade, and the last wound on the Stormsurge. Skorpehks were pretty durable and made a great distraction carnifex even if they only killed a pair of breacher squads, the opponent had to deal with them. Wraiths did the same despite being so much weaker in close combat than they used to be. Even the Annihilation Barge I brought in place of a deathmark squad did a great job in shooting down squishy units.

With Tau things to look out for:

Pathfinders: They themselves are not that impressive, but watch out for the 3 Rail Rifles they carry and any tau player would be insane not to bring at least one unit.

Tetras: Another unit that is going to be auto-include. Cheaper with more wounds and toughness than pathfinders and they give rerolls(I think of wounds) and act as observers. Expect to see these in every tau opponents list.

Broadside: These guys will be in every castle list. They have 10 wounds stupidly big guns and are easy to buff. I fully expect 9 in every list.

Stormsurge: This thing is nasty. Huge gun, many weapons, tough, lots of wounds and a 4++. It doesnt care if it gets bracketted and will still find it easy to hit on a 3+, expect most lists to have one.