First Army since 7th Edition; first Space Marine army ever

Hello all, noob here.

As the title says, this will be my first army since 7th and my fist SM army ever. I'm building some Imperial Fists, 3rd Company. I'm aiming for about 2,000 points. I have the following units:

Tactical Squad (10x models)

Terminators (5x models)

Sternguard Veterans (First Born; 5x models)

Iron-Clad Dreadnought (1x model)

I know that I lack assault forces. I'm eyeballing some assault terminators and some of the classic jump pack marines ala Blood Angels poster boys. I also know that I need transports. I have a complete lack of knowledge about Primaris units.

What would be a good complement to these units? I don't know much at all about SM army composition. I'm not even really sure how many points I'm currently building.

• 3 weeks later...

actually Intercessor squads and heavy intercessor squads are good for basic troop choices

you can get some assaulty boys with assault intercessors which are also battleline choices...

With 10th they threw everything we knew out the window...bring what you want and only certain HQ choices can be attached to other units...

IE Terminators only with Terminators that type of thing so they cant tank all those hits for the squad anymore.

The Dreadnoughts are doing great 2+ on average toughness 9...cant really speak highly enough of them

Rhinos are and always will be the work horse of the Imperium but the new stuff works as well and its shiney...if you can pick up a 9th edition starter set with those cheap might be a good addition of models to your army.  I know this is like 3 weeks late but I have been off the boards for a bit because of work...

--------

But You need HQ choices Captain, Librarians (their powers dont have their own phase anymore makes it easier) and Chappys are always nice.  I would run a captain with the sternguard and then get a terminator chappy for the terminators