GSC Combat Patrol rules

I just played this to ease myself into 10th and there are some things that don't make sense to me:

1. Both Neophyte squads specifically state they have an icon but then don't have the rules for it on their datasheet - this seems like an error?

2. Cult Ambush has an addendum that says you can't put back units in turns 4 & 5 which means that this army rule only lasts until turn 2 - this is just feelsbad

They designed this game mode to revolve around already produced and marketed miniature sets/bundles.

This feels like a half-baked idea rushed into the edition at the last second. Hell the whole edition feels last second. 

We’ve done our starter games I’d rather just play 500-1000 points of my own army.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2023 at 9:13 PM, Ruskinses said:

2. Cult Ambush has an addendum that says you can't put back units in turns 4 & 5 which means that this army rule only lasts until turn 2 - this is just feelsbad

The game is a balancing act - infinitely respawning units have a much greater impact in small games than larger games. 

Boarding patrol seems like a much better format for people who are used to the game, and that too edits down the available options and abilities in an attempt to balance it. Playing full rules at 500 points isn't going to be balanced. (Which is fine if you don't care about that, of course, sometimes trying to get anything at all out of a mismatch can be fun.)

Right a lot is for balance. Aberrants got much stronger in 10th too probably why they removed their abilities for Combat Patrol. Regarding the Rockgrinder seems like they took away the transport capacity and forgot to remove Fire Deck 6 which makes no sense if you can’t transport. Or forgot to add transport on the data sheet.