Doomsday ark conversion... I want to build this

Captain Idaho

Cordial greetings, fellow Dynastic nobles and Crypteks.

I particularly like the theme of a monster laden army of Necron technology, complete with the body modification of Destroyers and Flayed Ones, so my Necron army has been collected accordingly. 

However, I also love the theme of giant energy cannons. Sharks with laser beams on their heads would have convinced me.

So I want to now build this Doomsday Ark conversion, making it my own where possible:

Screenshot_20230626_094501_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1a375ee66975a887f67bb16e67f280c8.jpg

I think I can do that alright. My only confusion is the guns - How's he done that? What parts has he used and where has he stuck them?

Screenshot_20230626_102313_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3d56d0e55eaa98aceb6451ba3fb53175.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_102327_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c26831a63e6a54f7cacc54a2c8a8768a.jpg

Any help from your experience would be appreciated. 

I thought it was 4 initially, but I think it might even be 5, with 3 at the bottom and 2 at the top?

The mounting is crucial and how it attaches to the Ark chassis will be important to get right.

Using a Canoptek spider, potentially I can utilise the Particle Beamer guns for at least a part of the mount?

That is indeed the particle caster from the Spyder kit. I....think I attached a picture to this post? (EDIT: oof that pic is huge and spoiler tags aren't working the way I remember them to) Either way the front and back have been chopped off and the mounting bit on the side's been covered with another bit from the Spyder kit. It's the bit that covers the mounting spot on the Spyder when there's no particle caster on the model, not sure that the kit comes with two though. It could perhaps be something from the Ark kit.

As for how it mounts to the Ark I'm really not sure. There really isn't much body there for anything to stick to, but you could drill holes and mount sticks to the back of the flayer arrays like it looks in the picture (those could be holding sticks? hard to tell) to secure them. Maybe there's a spot to be had on the front of the engines, there's forward facing symbols of the Triarch you don't really need. They're so tucked away I forgot they were even there.

particle-beamer.jpg

Edited by NTaW