Mystery Transfer sheet

Kinda surprised to see raptors on a vehicle transfer sheet. Could understand the infantry one if it tied into a KT scout release, but them being on vehicles as well is odd. I would have expected raven guard or iron hands given that the other chapters shown are codex compliant ones. Maybe there will be more support for the Raptors going forward (either that or they had to start producing them if they were giving 3rd party transfer makers cease and desist orders).

6 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to see other factions besides UM get some shine but I don’t get why the Big 4, ultras, wolves, blood angels and dark angels aren’t standard on every sheet.

It gets you to buy their specific kits more, since those come with their transfers.

That said, if they do a big transfer sheet for the Wolves, BA and DA that have tons of stuff and maybe even a successor and/or a couple great companies for SW, that would be fantastic.

On 8/1/2023 at 1:30 AM, irlLordy said:

Kinda surprised to see raptors on a vehicle transfer sheet. Could understand the infantry one if it tied into a KT scout release, but them being on vehicles as well is odd. I would have expected raven guard or iron hands given that the other chapters shown are codex compliant ones. Maybe there will be more support for the Raptors going forward (either that or they had to start producing them if they were giving 3rd party transfer makers cease and desist orders).

Wow yeah, I bet it's a legal issue directly linked to them shutting down The Mighty Brush transfers. 

I get the feeling we're going to see a lot more of these appearing.

It may be of interest to some: I just opened a box of original Sternguard Veterans that I purchased direct from GW on 16th June when it was announced they were being retired (yes I know it's terrible that I only just opened them, blame the plastic crack addiction) and found the new Infantry transfer sheet in it.

That means that these sheets were being packaged in kits at least 11 days before this post was made. I'm guessing there are a lot of boxes of Marines sat on store shelves with these already!

On 7/31/2023 at 7:30 PM, irlLordy said:

We used to have Raptors / Mentors resin rhino doors and front plate from FW back in the day. I think those were released for the Badab War campaign back then.

Since GW has an hollywood-esque tendency to recycle old narratives, I would not be surprised we get to relive the Badab War at some point, in some fashion. Nostalgia sells after all; especially in Warhammer. 

On 8/4/2023 at 6:52 AM, Borbarad said:

We used to have Raptors / Mentors resin rhino doors and front plate from FW back in the day. I think those were released for the Badab War campaign back then.

Since GW has an hollywood-esque tendency to recycle old narratives, I would not be surprised we get to relive the Badab War at some point, in some fashion. Nostalgia sells after all; especially in Warhammer. 

That was my genuine hope, but now I think it's solely down to them issuing a C&D to Mighty Brush.