How would you finish this list

jimboslice

Hello all, about to get started on a Necron army and I’m looking for suggestions on how to round out a 2k point list for 10th.  There are a number units that I just think are cool and want to start with those.  Given that restriction I know it won’t necessarily be the most competitive list which is fine, I’ll work on that later after I get a feel for the army.

Where I want to start:

40 warriors

2x6 scarabs

6 skorpekh destroyers

2 lokhust heavy destroyers

canoptek doomstalker

nightbringer

reanimator

That brings be to 1425 points.  How would you spend the remaining points to finish out that army?

I'd bump up the heavy destroyers to 3 and add in a res orb lohkust lord to lead them- its a really cheap anti-tank unit that doesn't die. Also, add some characters to the warrior bricks, whether it is just a warden, a lord ,or a technomancer, because of how Necrons are structured right now having characters attached to units is something you need. Sword and board Lychguard are pretty good as a brick of undying annoyance with a Technomancer, giving them a 3+, 4++, and 5+++. Plop them down on a midfield objective to just frustrate your opponent constantly, even more if you give them a res orb Lord for more reanimation chances.

Thank you for the suggestions.  I do have 10 lychguard and a technomancer so I’ll add those.  Also have a royal warden and overlord w/ orb.  I do have a 3rd lokhust heavy destroyer so that’s an easy add.  I’ll have to figure out the best way to make a lokhust lord, probably kitbashed from a regular lokhust destroyer but that’s the only thing I’d need to buy.

Brings me up to 1930 points so room for some enhancements.  Sounds like a good plan

Crypteks in Warriors gives them a crucial 5+ feel no pain, so your rather average armour save of a 4+ isn't so terminal for the unit. Also provides them with the lovely Detachment bonus. Definitely something I'd look into. Additionally, they can increase the BS of the Doomstalker, though with heavy it won't always need it.

I too agree with 3 Heavy Destroyers. Very useful anti-tank and a bare minimum in today's vehicle heavy climate.

I like my Skorpekh Destroyers and added a Lord to them, which acts as a Warlord. With the Sempiternal Weave he can have a lovely 4+ feel no pain and can be resurrected once per game also which can be handy. Or give him the Hypermaterial Ablator to increase the survivability of the squad.

Minor adjustments aside, what sort of theme do you fancy? There's lots of good options but really depends what playstyle and theme you want. Flayed Ones can act as a screen and distraction which is great if you're running melee units you need up the table but might not be needed in a list with Scarabs and Spyders, for example. 

@Captain Idaho thank for for the thoughts.

Honestly not sure about theme/play style at this time, I plan on that working itself out in the future once I have some experience with the army.  For now I just want to give the necrons a shot with a few units I like as long as there aren’t any glaring anti-synergies or obviously better combos missed.

6 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

A Hexmark could be fun!

I agree, getting to shoot back in the opponent’s turn does sound fun.  It’s one of the units that I want to try so it will probably get subbed in from time to time until I figure out how I want to play the faction.