First RTT of 10th, finally get to use my Primaris Tanks!

Cruor Vault

Jumping headlong back into the game after taking most of 9th edition off.  

One of my local stores is having a 2K kickoff RTT tomorrow.  I haven’t had a chance to bring my primaris tanks to a game since I painted them a couple of years ago, so hopefully freshly painted model syndrome doesn’t strike!

C68F30AC-8559-4686-8A34-A42FAB7C0679.jpeg

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Thats a lot of anti-tank stuff...who is holding your objectives?

Yeah it is, but the Scout Snipers and the Infiltrators will hold one for a little while.   Hopefully long enough for the tanks and Aggressors to capture the opponent's. 

9 hours ago, Tacitus said:

What made/inspired/pick-your-verb you invert the Speeder?  

I've painted so many Ultramarines at this point that I often look for alternative color schemes just to break up the mass of blue before me.  The speeder is based off a scheme from the back of a Rogue Trader Era book that had Ultramarines riding on yellow jetbikes and land speeders.  I've copied this onto my Heresy Jetbikes and Proteus Speeders, and now onto my Storm Speeders as well.

5 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Thats a lot of anti-tank stuff...who is holding your objectives?

Intercessors, Scouts, and Desolators for home field objectives.  Aggressors and Incursors on midfield.  With as much shooting as I have, the general idea is the enemy can't contest an objective if they're dead.  If there isn't anything to contest them, the lousy OC on the tanks will be enough.

6 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

I've painted so many Ultramarines at this point that I often look for alternative color schemes just to break up the mass of blue before me.  The speeder is based off a scheme from the back of a Rogue Trader Era book that had Ultramarines riding on yellow jetbikes and land speeders.  I've copied this onto my Heresy Jetbikes and Proteus Speeders, and now onto my Storm Speeders as well.

You got some pics of the speeder and bikes close up?

17 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

Intercessors, Scouts, and Desolators for home field objectives.  Aggressors and Incursors on midfield.  With as much shooting as I have, the general idea is the enemy can't contest an objective if they're dead.  If there isn't anything to contest them, the lousy OC on the tanks will be enough.

Hmm making me think about my own list and if HInts are even needed to hold stuff

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Hmm making me think about my own list and if HInts are even needed to hold stuff

I think you still want a unit of HINTS to put on the BIG objective for the "damage reduction" but I also suspect you want a few different options working together/differently.

You want to stick the HINTS on the lynchpin objective,

Sniper Scouts on a deep No-man's or back field objective.

Alternately Phobos Libby and some Infiltrators

Follow your clearing force with some regular Intercessors to sticky cap.

Assault Intercessors can also fit on that lynchpin objective

That's probably more than you need, but you mix and match with the rest of your army.  They've all got a different approach to doing "the thing". 

The list worked great, I won both my games by 20+ point margins!

The executioners have an insane number of shots,.  When coupled with the Storm speeder's +1AP and OOM they can reliably chip away at anything that isn't a vehicle. 

The Desolators are of course appalling good.  My first game against GK the desolators evaporated Draigo and 5 paladins like they were guardsmen.  The +1AP from the Speeder, +1 to-hit from Incursors, coupled with sustained hits 5+ and another point of AP from Storm of Fire averages 50+ hits against a target from the Castellan launchers alone.  My Lancers were also able to down a Stormraven even though my Executioners both flubbed their rolls (snake eyes to-hit for one, snake eyes to-wound for the other LOL).

Grey Knight redeployment shenanigans are amazing!  When I moved my tanks forward to surround my opponent's Stormraven and Paladins I opened up my Desolators to a deep strike.  5 Purgators and 10 Purifiers w/Crowe did bad things to them (though I forgot that the Librarian gave them 4+++ against many attacks from GK). 

The next turn I set OOM on the purifiers and used my Aggressors and the Executioner's chaff guns to whittle the Purifiers down to 5 models + Crowe, At which point the Aggressors charged in and clobbered them over 2 rounds of combat.  getting +1 AP for shooting the closest target is fantastic with Aggressors  Esxpecially with BLAST on the Fragstorm adding 2 extra shots per gun when shooting at 10-man units.  After that it was mostly mop up with the pair of Executioner lasers putting a whopping 23 damage onto a Nemesis Grandmaster in one go.

My second game was against Custodes.  This was a bad matchup for my opponent's list which had almost no shooting outside of spears and one Contemptor Achillius.  Between Desolators, one Executioner and one Gladiator I took down an entire unit of Wardens with Shields and left Trajan at 2 wounds.  The next turn I did the same thing to the mass of Spear wardens + blade champion and then the game was basically over.  The only last highlight was how insanely durable the Redemptor Dreadnought is against units that can't bring S11 or higher weapons.  Trajan + the Contemptor Charged into the Redemptor which was fighting a trio of Saggitarum, with Trajan using his 12 attacks 1/game ability.  I responded with Armor of Contempt to reduce the AP of incoming attacks by 1.  I rolled a touch over average on my saves with the Redemptor survivied with 1 wound left!

I backed the Dreadnought out of combat and then fired my entire army into Trajan/Saggitarum/Contemptor and killed them all.  The last 2 turns of the game were 2 Custodes hiding on the backfield objective claiming as many points as they could before the Executioners + Gladiators were able to get lines of fire on them.

Edited by Cruor Vault