Plague Marines in Chaos Space Marines

KingYertle

Has anyone tried running Plague Marines in a Chaos Space Marine Detachment?

Its interesting.  They lose the -1T Aura and cannot have any attached leaders.  But they gain Dark Pacts which (at the risk of MWs) gives them Sustained Hits 1, that Crit on a 5+ in the Shooting Phase.   They gain the Heretic Astartes keyword and can benefit from all Strats and can still ride in a chaos rhino.  10 PMs would have 3 Plasmaguns + 2 Blight Launchers with 5+ Sustaining 1 Critical Hits (Blight Launchers retain Lethal to auto wound on 5+) and 5 Heavy Plague weapons with Sustained Hits 1.  You cannot re-roll the Dark Pact so I expect they will take MWs but that still sounds pretty good for only 200 points.

Chaos Space Marines with 100% Allegiance to Nurgle - 1995pts

Chaos Lord in TA - 100

Terminators x5 - 195

Plague Marines x10 - 200

(3 Plasmaguns, 2 Blightlaunchers, 5 Heavy Plague Weapons, Spewer)

Plague Marines x10 - 200

(3 Plasmaguns, 2 Blightlaunchers, 5 Heavy Plague Weapons, Spewer)

Possessed x10 - 290

Master of Possession - 70 

Land Raider - 290

Vindicator - 210

Wardog Executioner - 135

Nurglings - 40

Great Unclean One - 280

Blightlords are Terminator proxies.   PBC is the Vindicator.  Plaguecaster is the Master of Possession.  Otherwise the models are all as is (and we even get to keep the Possessed we all converted).   I could drop the GOU and take a Daemon Prince who could provide the PMs the Benefit of Cover Aura and free up 100 points to play with.  With the Dark Obscuration Strat the DP would be untargetable outside of 12 inches which is nasty.  That is likely the better play but I like the GOU to anchor a flank and draw heavy weapons away from the other vehicles.  Nurglings are there to Deep Strike and help with secondaries.   Could also swap the GOU for Abaddon for the chance to field a character that is actually bad ass...

Probably still gets smoked, but it Feels appropriately Nurglely

I was always going to run Nurgle renegades in the old edition but never got around to it. I'll stick with the Death Guard rules for a year or so, but my army started in 2nd Edition so it was Nurgle Renegades not Death Guard.

Pm do not get Dark pact, that is why I will play my PM as legioners with Mark of Nurgle if I bring them into my CSM list. Which means I can bring my Blightlords as Terminators with Mark of Nurgle, but that is if I would feel they would need some exercise, as there are four marks that are better according to me it will probably not happen. Maybe there will be an update that makes them playable, but I doubt it.

Oh fyi, my meta is very competitive, so I either have to build a list as good as I can or get tabled at turn 2. So running a Mono god list is sadly not viable for me.

Cpt. Danjou