Knight Archeron and Castigator in plastic

Yep, very much want a few of these but it'll be a while until I can justify buying them.

Not had a chance to look at any of the actual videos so only seen what is on B&C. Do we know if it will be a single kit for all or do we expect it'll be main kit then paying for upgrade sprues?

As an owner of a Castigator I was worried how the ammo feed would work in the plastic version. It sounds like they put the work in to make it segmented. Couldn't be happier. The Castigator is a beautiful kit and I'll be happy to see more of them in future. I'm seriously considering a plastic Lancer or Acheron in the future. It sounds like it will be a lot easier, without the need of epoxy adhesive and pinning to get it ready to go.

19 hours ago, MagicHat said:

Plenty of sockets for posability sounds very nice indeed!

I read that as "Plenty of sockets for possible sounds. Very nice indeed!" and thought that want to build in little speakers for sound effects. :laugh::thumbsup:

Anyway. Nice models. I wonder how posable these legs are. 

16 hours ago, spessmarine said:

HH plastic-ized has been pretty friendly on pricing, the old and new Vindicators kits are both 70 USD

And global GW prices continue to be all over the place.

In Aus it's $60usd for the old and $80usd for the Deimos. 

15 minutes ago, Rune Priest Jbickb said:

How big are these compared to questorus? Never seen one in the wild so curious how they all measure up.

The FW ones are significantly taller than the Questoris, maybe 25%. Although they are a lot thinner. It remains to be seen how closely the plastic version matches the proportions of the resin one.

POL14RHN09_12JHM13F25B.jpg?format=1500w

4280bffb92a4b21855560ebe04136515.jpg

On 7/1/2023 at 10:20 PM, Magos Takatus said:

As an owner of a Castigator I was worried how the ammo feed would work in the plastic version. It sounds like they put the work in to make it segmented. Couldn't be happier. The Castigator is a beautiful kit and I'll be happy to see more of them in future. I'm seriously considering a plastic Lancer or Acheron in the future. It sounds like it will be a lot easier, without the need of epoxy adhesive and pinning to get it ready to go.

it looks like each section of the cable/feed belt is seperate which is going to be hell to build 

2 minutes ago, sarabando said:

it looks like each section of the cable/feed belt is seperate which is going to be hell to build 

Will it allow for the weapons to be on the other arms though? Between that and leg pose, it could be a nice perk.

34 minutes ago, sarabando said:

Hopefully that section will be push to fit, which would make it fairly straightforward. Certainly easier than repeatedly heating and cooling a solid piece of resin and then trying to pin the offending piece and the two ends together without breaking a piece or scratching paintwork. :smile:

1 minute ago, Magos Takatus said:

Hopefully that section will be push to fit, which would make it fairly straightforward. Certainly easier than repeatedly heating and cooling a solid piece of resin and then trying to pin the offending piece and the two ends together without breaking a piece or scratching paintwork. :smile:

oh absolutely however the idea of clipping, trimming and demold line-ing 60 marine head sized bits is giving me pre ordered PTSD XD 

Every day we get closer to my ultimate ambition: being able to mix and match Cerastus knight arm weapons, the way Chaos Knights and (I think) Imperial Knights can. The next step would be for them to package the base sprues+weapons into a Cerastus Knight box. Then maybe the conversions I've been playing since 8th can finally be legal. Fingers crossed!

On 7/2/2023 at 4:28 AM, JayJapanB said:

And global GW prices continue to be all over the place.

In Aus it's $60usd for the old and $80usd for the Deimos. 

Huh, that is odd, figured while the amount would vary the ratios would match.

2 hours ago, spessmarine said:

Huh, that is odd, figured while the amount would vary the ratios would match.

Yeah, nah. It's super inconsistent. You can buy Baneblades for under $100USD here. (after reseller discounts) So it's not exactly like we're getting screwed either.

It's just a lottery depending on what models you want and like.

17 hours ago, Naryn said:

Every day we get closer to my ultimate ambition: being able to mix and match Cerastus knight arm weapons, the way Chaos Knights and (I think) Imperial Knights can. The next step would be for them to package the base sprues+weapons into a Cerastus Knight box. Then maybe the conversions I've been playing since 8th can finally be legal. Fingers crossed!

id love this, dual megabolter gunslinger knight, sword and shield knight etc. Id love it to be possible for the Armigers too, just let us take different weapon loadouts, like autocannon/CCW etc. 

1 hour ago, sarabando said:

id love this, dual megabolter gunslinger knight, sword and shield knight etc. Id love it to be possible for the Armigers too, just let us take different weapon loadouts, like autocannon/CCW etc. 

not going to lie - my first thoughts on this kit was there are going to be a lot of people who try dual megabolter. I am assuming the sides for the arms are interchangeable - I think the photos suggested this though they could have been flipped.