Knight Archeron and Castigator in plastic

1 hour ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Do you have a link for that leaked sprue pic please?

I am inspired by these poses seen at WHW. I may need to get resin ones whilst available. 

20191231_140727.thumb.jpg.e6ef9c1673cfa24eb80cc784084b0948.jpg

20191231_140833.thumb.jpg.326bd6d47ba89b4d7b8e0d143645359b.jpg

Undoubtedly there will be 3rd party posable legs in both physical and digital availability either on launch or within days. Hell, there's probably already some available....

Im hoping we get good leg movement, or at least its as easy to repose as the questoris! 

Those WHW knights are soo pretty, bit annoyed i saw them after building my Acheron and Atrapos because next cerastus is getting that level on crouching coolness.

On 7/5/2023 at 7:48 AM, fire golem said:

The only leaked sprue we saw was the Acheron (or whichever one it was) parts, wasn’t it? None of the actual chassis. 

Correct no chassis shots yet.  Which is kinda odd that someone had the weapons sprue but not the chassis to show off.

I'm interested in how they do the ammo feed.  They were saying on the stream it could follow the arm to almost any position, which reminds me of the classic tank track issue.  Do you provide the parts in a flexible material that is impossible to work with or do you provide many individual links that are a pain to build?  I'm really intrigued to see what they do.

5 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Hopefully this specific section is designed to be push-fit, and not require glue.

Back in the nineties I owned a model kit of Gundam Epyon and it had a whip-like weapon that could work very similarly.

71tXO3k8-IL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

While much more detailed than the kit I owned back then this gives an idea. In the kit I owned (and I think all modern Gundam kits) this is all push fit and it works well. The Castigator ammo feed does not need to be this flexible so the bladed sections can be ignored and the jointed section can be a little thicker. If it will be a ball joint it might allow some wiggle room sideways.

I am confident that the Cerastus ammo feeds will not be that difficult to build from looking at the photographs but they might be a little bit time consuming. I suppose Bandai push fit and GW push fit are not the same thing though so I could be wrong. Modern GW push fit can be a bit more finicky from my experience. Mind you that's because GW likes to fit honking great push-fit cylinders onto the same model parts that have small, fragile details for some reason. 

Great, I am talking myself down from it being an easy job to assemble them. :teehee:

21 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Hopefully this specific section is designed to be push-fit, and not require glue.

It will require glue on some parts, but not others, is my guess. A hinge that you sandwich between two parts of each link. Don’t put glue on the hinge, but glue the link together. 

On 7/6/2023 at 12:33 PM, Magos Takatus said:

Back in the nineties I owned a model kit of Gundam Epyon and it had a whip-like weapon that could work very similarly.

While much more detailed than the kit I owned back then this gives an idea. In the kit I owned (and I think all modern Gundam kits) this is all push fit and it works well. The Castigator ammo feed does not need to be this flexible so the bladed sections can be ignored and the jointed section can be a little thicker. If it will be a ball joint it might allow some wiggle room sideways.

I am confident that the Cerastus ammo feeds will not be that difficult to build from looking at the photographs but they might be a little bit time consuming. I suppose Bandai push fit and GW push fit are not the same thing though so I could be wrong. Modern GW push fit can be a bit more finicky from my experience. Mind you that's because GW likes to fit honking great push-fit cylinders onto the same model parts that have small, fragile details for some reason. 

Great, I am talking myself down from it being an easy job to assemble them. :teehee:

Speaking of Bandai, they might have just gave GW the plan/mold for the ammo belt for the Gravis Captain they had commissioned Bandai to do. Would do the trick nicely.

On 7/6/2023 at 11:33 AM, Magos Takatus said:

When I saw the posable ammo links in the community page I thought of the same setup. Only thing would be that over time and use, the polycaps Bandai uses get wiggly. How long depends a lot on the weight of the pieces

5 hours ago, Jamafore said:

When I saw the posable ammo links in the community page I thought of the same setup. Only thing would be that over time and use, the polycaps Bandai uses get wiggly. How long depends a lot on the weight of the pieces

Hence why you almost never find them in new kits outside the cheap HG line. They do wizardry with plastic that makes GW look like beginners 

5 hours ago, Redcomet said:

Hence why you almost never find them in new kits outside the cheap HG line. They do wizardry with plastic that makes GW look like beginners 

and with half a price of GWs HQ kits

Could it be like tank tread connection?  A wiggly belt that allows it movement with alot hollow parts to reduce weight?

On 7/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, Grotsmasha said:

To be fair it's not the gluing that is the issue it's the clean up!  Snipping off 10s of small hard to handle prices removing the sprue gates and mould lines is an absolute pain.

7 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

To be fair it's not the gluing that is the issue it's the clean up!  Snipping off 10s of small hard to handle prices removing the sprue gates and mould lines is an absolute pain.

Oh the gluing will be a pain too.

How hard is it going to be getting it to hang right and meet each end unless there is some snap fit ball joint?