The Lion, Farsight & Snikrot Standalone Releases

Well, I'm building Fists right now, but I have a Tau army from 7th. Might be time to get Farsight and convert them to the Enclaves. Time to get a crap ton of isopropyl and strip off my old crap paint jobs from those kits. Going to need some new decal kits too.

1 hour ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

My bank has just recovered in time to order the Lion.

Thanks GeeDub for the constant supply of crack. :devil:

I broke down and bought a commission job.  I’m better than I used to be but I couldn’t do him justice.  Lion is my favorite model ever.

After everyone has a chance to buy I may buy another one just to see what I can do.  Probably be a while though.

There is always someone better than us, no shame in getting them to paint our stuff. Especially awesome centrepieces.

Post pics in the DA subforum.... :cool:

Also, never let that stop you giving it your own shot. Practice makes less imperfect after all. Post pics of those too, guidance and advice are just as good as Practice. 

9 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

There is always someone better than us, no shame in getting them to paint our stuff. Especially awesome centrepieces.

Post pics in the DA subforum.... :cool:

Also, never let that stop you giving it your own shot. Practice makes less imperfect after all. Post pics of those too, guidance and advice are just as good as Practice. 

I’m getting old man syndrome.  I can’t navigate the gallery worth a flip.  I posted a bit of stuff to my gallery I painted and the commission Lion a while back in miscellaneous under DMA.  I couldn’t figure out how to make multiple galleries to put them where they belong.  Then my laptop went down and I can’t figure out how to post to the forums with my iPhone.  I need to buy a new laptop.  I’m an Electrical Engineer so it’s pretty embarrassing to be this bad with tech stuff.  Sometimes I just hand my phone to my wife and say “fix it.”  I get more like my Dad every day.

1 hour ago, crimsondave said:

I’m getting old man syndrome.  I can’t navigate the gallery worth a flip.  I posted a bit of stuff to my gallery I painted and the commission Lion a while back in miscellaneous under DMA.  I couldn’t figure out how to make multiple galleries to put them where they belong.  Then my laptop went down and I can’t figure out how to post to the forums with my iPhone.  I need to buy a new laptop.  I’m an Electrical Engineer so it’s pretty embarrassing to be this bad with tech stuff.  Sometimes I just hand my phone to my wife and say “fix it.”  I get more like my Dad every day.

You don't need galleries anymore Brother.

Just hit the 'Add Files' button when commenting, find and choose from your phone's gallery, wait for the upload, click where you want it in your comment, insert the sucker.

Just like this screenshot:

Screenshot_20230703_130352_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.841fa78bbf3a6b12b6c7984b0f706e9d.jpg

I plan on getting the Lion to paint. I had him on order with my FLGS when he was first released, but DA aren't my army. After the fiasco with the orders, I gave someone else at the store the opportunity to buy him that got locked out due to GW's antics. So, now that he'll be finally available, I'll go ahead and get him now

14 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Pre-order from next Saturday.

Queue system'll be in-place, so they're clearly expecting a rush on him. 

There is no FOMO here as it is a standard release. It may go out of stock for a while but it will be back at some point. The moment for that passed with the previous boxset they released that actually was a limited run and I'm still a bit bitter about how that was handled.

I do want the model but I am not going to rush to get it at this point. Given that we've also seen Guilliman turn up in boxsets and even a partworks I'm half tempted to wait longer term and focus on Leviathan and my pile of shame a bit.

18 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Side question - I can’t remember how much the Lion / Bladeguard bundle was, given the price of the Lion we’ve just seen does that mean the previous box was offered at zero discount?

£65 if I remember right so there as a £12.50 /  ~16% discount.....

plus the art.

5 hours ago, Jukkiz said:

desos are late. I´m wondering if it has something to do how broken they seem to be at the moment?

Why would the model release schedule have anything to do with the units power in the game? They're probably just going to come out alongside the Codex later in the year.

I would say the Agastus kits are prime candidates for a filler week somewhere between now and the codex release, since the codex release comes with even more marine kits (which may or may not be revealed on the 15th of July, depending who wins Oghram) and any good dealer will tell you that you gotta proportion the goods so your cxustomers buy more frequently.

1 hour ago, Nephaston said:

I would say the Agastus kits are prime candidates for a filler week somewhere between now and the codex release, since the codex release comes with even more marine kits (which may or may not be revealed on the 15th of July, depending who wins Oghram) and any good dealer will tell you that you gotta proportion the goods so your cxustomers buy more frequently.

Oh sure, but also Seraphon shows that GW can and will dump an entire model range in a single weekend, including the stuff that was already pre-released in an army set a little earlier. So it could go either way.