The Last Wall Protocol

Hello Everyone!

In the past I have painted Soul Drinkers. Originally I had intended to paint up the different squads of the Dark Imperium box as different Imperial Fists chapter. In the end I decided to paint them all as Soul Drinkers. 

In excitement for the painting event and the new Leviathan release I have been working on painting my models. (Originally I was going to do Deathwatch but the conversion work for the shoulder pads, etc. was more than I was wanting to handle right now. I plan on returning to that idea after the box.) I tried a scheme for the Executioners but did not like it so plan to revist it later. As of today I chose Crimson Fists as the blue seemed appealing to me.

I was able to paint a test model today in about an hour. Not the most fantastic paintjob but I am happy with the drybrushing and overall colors. Excited to paint the whole box in this fashion.

Excited to see everyone's progress!

IMG_3942.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Chronotonic said:

can I ask for your program on how you got those blues and red it is top notice and I have my own I am adding to my Last Wall

Thank you very much!

The blue is Kantor Blue with a drybrushed highlight of Alaitoc Blue (I use the army painter drybrushes with the round makeup brushlike bristles and this seemed huge for me). I then painted Drakenhof Nightshade in only the recesses. The red is Khorne Red with a drybrush of Wazdakka Red. I can’t recall if I applied a wash but I don’t believe I have yet. I probably want to try berserker bloodshade for this though.