Introductions - Wormwoods

Greetings all! I'm not exactly fresh back to the hobby, having picked up the brush again back during the start of the Pandemic, but I am new to actually showing my work off, and digging into the online community. 

A little about my history with Warhammer. As a kid, my brother and I, along with a friend who lived up the road from us at the time all got into the hobby together in the final days of 3rd edition 40K, and collected what fragments of armies my allowance would, well. Allow. Some Tau, some Guard, a few Nids, and for Warhammer Fantasy some Beastmen and Lizardmen. I had a great time being rubbish, before eventually putting it away some time in early 5th edition, I believe. 

Getting back into modelling and painting back in 2021 was a much needed distraction from being locked up at home, and much to my surprise something had happened in the intervening decade and a half: I had gotten decent at painting. Not great, obviously, but certainly better than when I had left off. I can only assume it was thanks to being older and more willing to actually take my time. I painting up a small army of Space Marines (the first time I actually collected them, and I feel like a real jerk because they're great, I've loved messing with them) from a Homebrew chapter, the Crimson Lions, and while I'm probably not going to go back to them any time soon, they were a great way to get my eye in.

At time of writing this introduction I'm finishing up an Iron Hands successor army for Crusade, starting a Blood Angels successor for a different Crusade, and slowly working through some Sisters of Battle and Genestealer Cult models so I don't OD on Marines. 

Anyway, great to be here, hope you like the images from September 2021! I'll try and get some of my more recent projects on display later in the week, Hopefully with thinner paints and better photographs.

20210911_111610.jpg

20210911_111806.jpg

Chapter Master.png

3 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

Welcome, frater! Nice miniatures!

Thanks! Very much the cream of that particular crop, most of the Crimson Lions were training models as I re-learned painting.