10 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

This is my biggest worry for LI.  It's promoted as large scale game with the promo vid showing full armies clashing.  Yet if pricing follows AI/AT the cost of getting such forces on the table will outstrip 40k at 2,000 points.  I love the look of the models and I love the idea of a high level game, I just don't want to be priced out of it.

Epic has always been cheaper than 40k. I hope, it(ll stay this way.

And for example: with 2 starts + 1 AT starter, you already have 2 pretty nice armies for a fraction of the cost of 1 40k army.

I am really curious how GW will make his ROI with such tiny minis (no need of a lot of sprue to build an army)

Edited by BolterZorro

12 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

Epic has always been cheaper than 40k. I hope, it(ll stay this way.

And for example: with 2 starts + 1 AT starter, you already have 2 pretty nice armies for a fraction of the cost of 1 40k army.

I am really curious how GW will make his ROI with such tiny minis (no need of a lot of sprue to build an army)

More guys in a box for normal GW box prices then "oh look it's epic you better have 600 of them!" so you need as many boxes as a normal army for the rest of their games. I hope it follows AT and runs on a 4x4 with a middling volume of models so you get the visuals but on a smaller space.

19 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

More guys in a box for normal GW box prices then "oh look it's epic you better have 600 of them!" so you need as many boxes as a normal army for the rest of their games. I hope it follows AT and runs on a 4x4 with a middling volume of models so you get the visuals but on a smaller space.

I concur massssssively! 4x4 would be great. Although, it would be cool for 6x4 or even larger if people wanted to have absolutely massive battles. 

I'd be sticking with the 4x4 middling size though haha. Couldn't be bothered to move that many tiny models haha. 

Although I understand the 4*4 emphasis, I don't really see GW not encouraging the 6*4, just because it will be really difficult for them to make enough money with armies being that cheap, especially when you include few titans in your build, titans that many players may already have.

I see GW giving 2 sizes, 4*4 and 6*4, like in 40k, 6*4 being the main. Remember than the surface occupied by the minis in IL is almost the same as the other games. (25mm infantry and all the tanks being at least this size)

7 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Interesting, i would expect 3-4 too, especially as the old epic contemptor was one piece :D 7-8 means they must have some flex in the arms or legs which means a lot more posing.

2 part body. Reactor backpack. 2 arms. 2 part legs/waist. Is my guess

3 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess about Smolnaughts' base size?

With them being lower I can't really tell. 

AT Armigers are on 25s, anyone got a size comparison between 40k Contemptor and Armiger heights?

Looks like they're on 25s to me, but that is just squinting at the photos. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

I am not surprised the Dread is in 8 pieces. I think people might be underestimating how big these will actually be. You’re gonna be looking at Micro Machine/Hot Wheels sized tanks. I was blow away by the detail on the Quaestoris knights, and just looking at the infantry on 25s is already convincing me to do full squads of 10 on 40s if the rules allow. 

1 hour ago, armarnis said:

What tablesizes do you Guys expect? I think AT ist played on 48x48? 

Our Club is moving Locations and i gonna reserve place for some modular tiles :)

AT was 4x4 to leave space on a 6x4 table for the consoles, apparently. I’d expect from 4x4 to the big end of 40K, which is 48”x 90”?

7 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

he AT Armigers are about 26mm high and a real Contemptor is about 70mm ÷4= 17mm, so that does look about right now I think about it. 

I'm confident that GW will launch an arminger kit for both games. It is typically the size and the tiny kit for IL and that is missing (in plastic) in AT. They will sell it super fast.