It's just lucky that us laser eyed grogs can see both well enough to tell where details are bad and where to glue things, otherwise we'd need to ask the young folk for help.

Lucky.

I mean, if you're young and can't see the atrocious casting then maybe us grogs can help you. Just ask.

:devil:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

12 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

So none of these people are expected to buy and gluy any tanks then right? You know the sprues with dozens of tiny boltgun size plastic bits that must be cut and glued on.

And of course thats why they also made those but ugly missile launchers which are one big piece... Or how the dreadnoughts are over half a dozen tiny pieces....or the sentinels.

It weird how ONLY the boltguns were a danger to these 'middle aged laser eyed' people. 

Personally I wouldn't dislike two part SM if that means we get better sculpts but there are a lot of people who didn't like that the tanks have so many parts and that the missile launchers are seperate so its not like they would only pop up for the other infantry models

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Personally I wouldn't dislike two part SM if that means we get better sculpts but there are a lot of people who didn't like that the tanks have so many parts and that the missile launchers are seperate so its not like they would only pop up for the other infantry models

Oh for sure, i have no issues with people willing to sacrifice quality for ease of assembly. Just dont tell me it wasnt sacrificed. 

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

100% Agree, so its comes down to price and marketing. You cant market the marine infantry  as GWs usual world leading best of the best etc stuff. Neither can you price them as such.

They did both.

They could and perhaps should have pulled a 40k where the starter has the glob marines for ease, and then release the 'normal' kit seperatly. Like they do with the marines and stuff for the 40k starters.  Please everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

100% Agree, so its comes down to price and marketing. You cant market the marine infantry  as GWs usual world leading best of the best etc stuff. Neither can you price them as such.

They did both.

They could and perhaps should have pulled a 40k where the starter has the glob marines for ease, and then release the 'normal' kit seperatly. Like they do with the marines and stuff for the 40k starters.  Please everyone. 

I'm largely naïve to the market - what other 8mm scale plastic infantry is there out there which is better/cheaper?

Having seen pictures I was a little concerned as to the quality, but in the flesh it is actually only going to annoy me twice - once when building, once when painting. After that it will be forgotten, as I splash yellow paint over it and it call it done and focus my attention on bigger things.

I do understand the concern that other fraters have; premium product, premium pricing, 'model company not gaming company' etc and I agree that in isolation the product isn't 'good enough', but it is perfectly good enough as a gaming piece amongst dozens/hundreds of other pieces. 

The lowest quality part of the boxed set are the tokens. I ripped about 6 to near uselessness the top layer failed to punch cleanly out. I still have the old Apocalypse tokens though, so I'll dig those out and see if they will do, otherwise I'll find some 3d prints on ebay for them. 

=][= Alrighty folks, as this is now out in the wild I'll close this thread. If you'd like to discuss the many (tiny) facets of LI, we've got a handy sub-forum: https://bolterandchainsword.com/forum/399-legions-imperialis/ =][=