1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

In original Epic iterations how did Transports work? If you’ve got a ‘Detachment’ of 30 as shown in the new box do you need to take a Spartan for the Tactical Squad and two Rhinos for the support squads? In the Legiones Astartes Organization Chart companies are divided in what I assume will translate into detachments of 2x10/20 Tactical Legionaries and 10 Tactical Support Legionaries so 2 Spartans and a Rhino or 3 Rhinos. Can they even make it that granular or will it be abstracted like a single squad of 20 taking two rhinos. 

In Epic: Armageddon (the most recent) tactical, devastator and scout(?) detachments got enough free rhinos to transport the infantry.

Yeah daemons are broadly the same in fluff for both systems, 40k just focuses on the common daemons of the big 4 whilst 30k does a more old school, flexible army, well, did, right now we don't know what ruinstorm will look like in 2nd ed.

With two previous versions of the daemonic in epic already sculpted to work with, I'd expect that though!

4 hours ago, Scribe said:

God this looks soo good. I am annoyed to no end that it never picked up in my area.

TBH, it hasn't really picked up in my local area either.

I really enjoy painting and modelling at this scale so our collection got out of hand.

I get occasional games of AT with my son (we play Kill Team more often), and once or twice a year with a club 2 hours away.

Had a thought... if GW do awesome with the Marines and Solar Auxilia rules, we'll have plenty of range for the old guard at Net Epic to do the rules thing for other races etc following the context and theme of the game.

I don't know much about Net Epic as a community, whether they're large, well respected etc.

But I'm being optimistic eh.

It sounds a little silly but once we see the rules it will be easier to extrapolate Xenos House Rules like the Liber Panoptica too. However I would absolutely explode if Legions does well and they expand backwards into Orks and Eldar and some Epic only Great Crusade era Xenos. This like Dark Eldar and Tau are cool, sure, but it theres an epic sized battle with Dark Eldar that means they messed up pretty bad. Instead of Tau another advanced Xenos race could be awesome. Make the Orks a little higher tech. Proto Aspect Warriors and Guardians that are still dressed like ancient Eldar warriors would be pretty sick. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

1 hour ago, Scribe said:

I just want a game where Knights actually make sense. 40K isn't it. :D

They said something in the first article that peaked my interest. They described Detachments as ‘squads’ in a normal AoD game and in the second article they said the launch box was a ‘small’ army. This got me thinking that things like Titans may play like your Dreadnaughts and Mechanicum big bois, a marine detachment as regular marine squads, etc. If that is the case Knights will finally have a battlefield role beyond harassing Titans and actually performing the ‘skirmished’ role by suppressing anti-armor infantry and tanks. 

I'm on the fence with this one.

I loved epic back in the day and spent a lot of my childhood fanatically playing it in weekend long battles with my friends and think this is how the Heresy should have been all along. But it's a bit of a niche within a niche for me and making it Heresy makes it even more so.

I love the idea of Warlords stomping around with infantry at their feet, something they captured very well in the Heresy trailer but I'm not sold just yet and will wait to see more. I'm looking at this from a very much rose tinted spectacles point of view at the moment with the thought of capturing childhood memories but will wait and see how the mechanics work first.

It feels like they left this too late what with the sheer number of prints available which sprung up because of lack of support for the game for so many years and I am struggling to justify why once I have unit sizes I can't just print my own. Realistically this could be a case of just picking up the rules and not needing the models for 3D printers. 

If they add Ork and Eldar I may fold and jump in. I know it's a human conflict but it's weird that neither side would be taking part in any battles given that the Orks no matter how decimated literally live for war and the Eldar Farseers must have been twitching like crazy having seen the fate that the Primarchs were creating for the galaxy and the future of their race. While I acknowledge it's only fitting the focus should be primarily on the human factions it doesn't have to be retcons of Ork at Terra or Eldar on Istvaan to include them at a later date.

That’s why I think they should brach out backwards instead of forwards. A mass battle game putting the Imperium at its strongest during the Great Crusade would be refreshing and new. You bring in Xenos players and you can do things you can’t because of how established factions play in 40K. Eldar Remnants on their last legs but still strong enough to put a hundred thousand strong armies into a campaign. Technologically advanced Ork Empires drawing from the oldschool aesthetic with power armor and less ramshackle vehicles. Entirely new races that fill the Necron and Tau gaps would give them an opportunity to try things that keep people from pulling the trigger on 40K armies. 

The key here is that we all have to put our money where our mouth is or we are no better than the WFB players complaining about no support without buying anything in four editions. 

58 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

The key here is that we all have to put our money where our mouth is or we are no better than the WFB players complaining about no support without buying anything in four editions. 

They just need to get the AT stuff back in stock and I'm going to go big when all this is released.

Hey guys, remember this:

Screenshot_20230709_172217_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8eff573e413052f16a1344bead162dda.jpg

So it's not a plan or thing they want to do, but neither is it something that'll never happen.

So in my estimates we need to see the game succeed which I reckon it will. Adeptus Titanicus did and there's at least as many of those players/customers as LI as let's be honest most of them will cross the floor and those who don't will be replaced by new players.

After that we need the expansion armies to succeed. This is trickier but possible.

If expansions work then GW/FW get adventurous with it and try perhaps a faction we didn't expect... if that does well enough we just might see an expansion that includes "squat and ork warlords"...

I'm really into the idea. I'm glad they are bringing it back. IRC, originally the first edition was horus heresy as well. The idea was pragmatic, one set of models that were doubled was cost saving.

For a niche game, expanding on AT, staying within the Horus Hersey is fine. The problem I see is the axing a good portion of the AI range. From my understanding the game wasn't and isn't very popular. So GW may have tried a way to keep it alive as opposed to axe it altogether.

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

That’s why I think they should brach out backwards instead of forwards. A mass battle game putting the Imperium at its strongest during the Great Crusade would be refreshing and new. You bring in Xenos players and you can do things you can’t because of how established factions play in 40K. Eldar Remnants on their last legs but still strong enough to put a hundred thousand strong armies into a campaign. Technologically advanced Ork Empires drawing from the oldschool aesthetic with power armor and less ramshackle vehicles. Entirely new races that fill the Necron and Tau gaps would give them an opportunity to try things that keep people from pulling the trigger on 40K armies. 

Agree on your first point. My two main gripes with the HH setting are (1.) the universe feeling smaller with just (super)humans fighting humans; and (2.) low feeling of stakes as we all know hot it ends, aka prequelitis.

Obviously nothing can be done about number 2, but doing a Great Crusade game of humans versus ancient bigger/more advanced Orks, Eldar Empire remnants, and weird DAOT cyborgs and things would be interesting.

As for your second point, they announced the end times right as I was digging into finally starting the setting and was building a Strigoi army. Ended up selling at a loss as I had no interest in AOS. I wanted to give them more money for WFB, but they didn’t want it.

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

Hey guys, remember this:

Screenshot_20230709_172217_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8eff573e413052f16a1344bead162dda.jpg

So it's not a plan or thing they want to do, but neither is it something that'll never happen.

So in my estimates we need to see the game succeed which I reckon it will. Adeptus Titanicus did and there's at least as many of those players/customers as LI as let's be honest most of them will cross the floor and those who don't will be replaced by new players.

After that we need the expansion armies to succeed. This is trickier but possible.

If expansions work then GW/FW get adventurous with it and try perhaps a faction we didn't expect... if that does well enough we just might see an expansion that includes "squat and ork warlords"...

The only problem with this is that it seems like wishful thinking. We had all this when Adeptus Titanicus came out, with people wanting xenos titans then. That game by everything I have seen counts as having done very well, and did we get xenos? No. Instead we have got another game which is just imperial armies. So my personal view is that if we make this succeed then we may get yet another heresy only game instead of something with xenos

Also I think asking xenos players to buy imperial stuff, just in case they may make what they want in the future is a little off. If GW want those players to buy into it then they should make something for them. But this is just my view.

15 minutes ago, Rejects of Anvilus said:

The only problem with this is that it seems like wishful thinking. We had all this when Adeptus Titanicus came out, with people wanting xenos titans then. That game by everything I have seen counts as having done very well, and did we get xenos? No. Instead we have got another game which is just imperial armies. So my personal view is that if we make this succeed then we may get yet another heresy only game instead of something with xenos

Also I think asking xenos players to buy imperial stuff, just in case they may make what they want in the future is a little off. If GW want those players to buy into it then they should make something for them. But this is just my view.

I don't think you can get any other hersey games though. They've already done a rule set for Aeronautica in HH.

I'd argue that AT doing well is why we're getting IL.