1 hour ago, Warmaster1988 said:

Let's hope we get another Article before Heresy Thursday...

There will be another article which I would expect on Wednesday but that will only be a fluff article about "a heaping of nostalgia for games featuring especially tiny Space Marines" so I wouldn't expect any real new in that

So there are two thursdays left in July, and four thursdays in August. We just saw a sentinel article explaining what they are because they are new and know we’ve got a reveal that needs a magnifying glass or whatever they said for this Thursday and an article about epic through the ages this week. If the release is mid august and shipped last week of august before the Marine codex takes up all the oxygen in September I image we should start getting limited rules previews in August and maybe we will see the repackaged terrain with blown out sections and new tiles/scatter terrain, the resin Titan weapons on their new plastic sprues, and the initial wave of tanks and infantry available at launch (whirlwinds, superheavies, etc). 

6 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

I did the same with the "vulnerable sides" of tanks.

On this, I really hope we see something like Epic: Armageddon's Crossfire rule. If you could draw a line of 45cm or less between two stands from different friendly formations that line crossed a stand in an enemy formation, the enemy formation was subject to Crossfire. When shot by either friendly formation, they took an additional blast marker (a token to represent minor casualties, degrading morale and battlefield confusion), and armour saves were degraded by one pip. 

It sounds like a minor thing, but it really rewarded manoeuvre, emphasised combined arms and was really fun!

16 minutes ago, apologist said:

On this, I really hope we see something like Epic: Armageddon's Crossfire rule. If you could draw a line of 45cm or less between two stands from different friendly formations that line crossed a stand in an enemy formation, the enemy formation was subject to Crossfire. When shot by either friendly formation, they took an additional blast marker (a token to represent minor casualties, degrading morale and battlefield confusion), and armour saves were degraded by one pip. 

It sounds like a minor thing, but it really rewarded manoeuvre, emphasised combined arms and was really fun!

Definitely a mechanic that should return. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Do we think GW will bring back blast markers in some form? We've not seen any pics including physical blast markers so I doubt they'll do that.

But could be possible they'd include a portion of the rules somehow.

I doubt it. It would have been seen already 

6 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I found this interesting in the recent article:

Screenshot_20230718_140014_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.2f5119fc3dd3566508682450ae0d140c.jpg

I don't know Space Marine well but it appears that it is a major influence. So rules might share some commonality.

It was also the last really popular rules set. Epic 40.000 was not recieved well

Mildly concerned that they are drawing heavily on Space marine, like, every edition has its flaws (Looking at you Epic 40k) but i do think they generally improved things overall, especially Titan legions, which i recall being very warmly received, though obviously thats pre internet so ive no idea if that was universal or not.

But yeah, titans aside Epic Armageddon is my firm fave currently. 

17 minutes ago, Bradeh said:

The 40K Epic square models just look better imo, could be the paint job and basing.

Definitely could have chosen a more vibrant army as the representative of the game. Death Guard don't exactly pop at that scale, compared to say Emperor's Children, Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Son's of Horus.

2 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Do we think GW will bring back blast markers in some form? We've not seen any pics including physical blast markers so I doubt they'll do that.

But could be possible they'd include a portion of the rules somehow.

There sre definitely blast markers in the box, or do you mean the old damage recording ones of yore?

https://thehorusheresy.com/legions-imperialis

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

35 minutes ago, Burni said:

So a primarch is going to be roughly the height of a 40K grot at most and almost guaranteed to be resin. That seems too small for FW to sell separately. So how do you think they’ll do it? All the loyalists together? In ‘best bros’ packs (Fulgrim and Ferrus for example)?

I expect a "legion high command" set. 

Or just individual primarchs with tiny diorama bases.

37 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

There sre definitely blast markers in the box, or do you mean the old damage recording ones of yore?

https://thehorusheresy.com/legions-imperialis

He means the little fire markers I think, not the three blast template markers.

54 minutes ago, Burni said:

So a primarch is going to be roughly the height of a 40K grot at most and almost guaranteed to be resin. That seems too small for FW to sell separately. So how do you think they’ll do it? All the loyalists together? In ‘best bros’ packs (Fulgrim and Ferrus for example)?

Its FW. They will be 20£ each