On 7/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, FarvegNugan said:

There will be no blast markers, the rumoured stat lines are likely true. Its an improv

On 7/20/2023 at 2:16 PM, FarvegNugan said:
There will be no blast markers, the rumoured stat lines are likely true. Its an improved epic space marine. Which is good because thiigh space marine lasted nine years epic 40k was a flop till warlord games turned it almost word for word in to bolt action. 28 mm system deserves a 28mm game. 

Whole battle groupd don't get pinned.elements do. They take casualties until they become combat Inneffective.kind of like epic space marine 2e. 

It's why epic 40k and epic Armageddon are such a great 28mm game now.

ed epic space marine. Which is good because thiigh space marine lasted nine years epic 40k was a flop till warlord games turned it almost word for word in to bolt action. 28 mm system deserves a 28mm game. 

Whole battle groupd don't get pinned.elements do. They take casualties until they become combat Inneffective.kind of like epic space marine 2e. 

It's why epic 40k and epic Armageddon are such a great 28mm game now.

No blast markers? What about these?

37 minutes ago, Raven1 said:

No blast markers? What about these?

It's been mentioned a few times already in the thread, but in old epic language blast markers =/= blast templates (small, large, flame etc).

Blast markers were more like small tokens that recorded hits on a formation of troops, it would be better to think of them as blast tokens to be honest, though if they are not included in this edition then this piece of trivia will be irrelevant for most players.

Edited by Beaky Brigade

22 minutes ago, Beaky Brigade said:

It's been mentioned a few times already in the thread, but in old epic language blast markers =/= blast templates (small, large, flame etc).

Blast markers were more like small tokens that recorded hits on a formation of troops, it would be better to think of them as blast tokens to be honest, though if they are not included in this edition then this piece of trivia will be irrelevant for most players.

Oh OK that makes since. I didn't play epic and I'm just getting into AT. Waiting for delivery on the boxset. 

23 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

So I've still got my fingers crossed for preorder next week and release first week of August... Will I be disappointed? Probably, hope is the first step on the road... Etc. But what a glorious holiday time it would be.

While I don't think we will have to wait until the end of August there is no way the preorder will be next week. We still know next to nothing about how it actually works and while detailed rules articles will probably only come in the week before preorder, I expect some general articles sooner.

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

While I don't think we will have to wait until the end of August there is no way the preorder will be next week. We still know next to nothing about how it actually works and while detailed rules articles will probably only come in the week before preorder, I expect some general articles sooner.

I miss the usage of the sad reply emoticon.

Though to keep the hope alive: launch on the first week of august is still 2 more weeks of articles. With 3ish articles each week that's plenty of time to show off a transport support or heavy support box and some rules stuff.

Edit:

eca.png

Edited by matcap86

When GW say something is coming in a certain month, they usually (I believe always but it’s GW so I’m sure they’ve done it differently at some point) mean the preorder date rather than the release date. So the preorder date was very unlikely to be in July. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It makes me wonder if that mystery release for 28mm is Solar Auxilia, given their not-so-subtle emphasis that you have to design it at the larger scale first.

I'm keeping any possible hype firmly in check about plastic SA. We've yet to see a 28mm plastic Thunderbolt, Xiphon or Lightning despite being in AI for years. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Just now, Lord Marshal said:

I'm keeping any possibly hype firmly in check. We've yet to see a 28mm plastic Thunderbolt, Xiphon or Lightning despite being in AI for years. 

Well they either had an existing artifact to reproduce and then scale down, or they may have designed some of it off of CAD for resin. Here we have something completely new with that sentinel, which is interesting. Anyways, that's a side thought, we'll know soon enough :D

the 2 interesting informatios are kinda outside this article: the (probable) new plane base (in the thunderhwak picture) and the sprues shown in the topic link. (image in the above post).

We can clearly see how tanks are spread in several parts for chassis and armament.

In addition to this, the lilly soldiers are one piece each and easy to paint on sprue!

I really like this paint job, way better than what we already seen. I know now what will be my paint scheme for auxilia. And it fits with black/red that I'm doing for my titans. And by border effect, I know now the colors of my SM: blue and white. (probably a different blue than ultrasmurf)

image.thumb.png.13d8661ccd3805cb1d8921afc8cec380.png

Edited by BolterZorro

I can count 11 sprues on that pile.
SM has 2 Infantry and 1 each for the tanks for four
SA has at least 2 for Sentinels/Ogryns and Malcadors with very likely also 2 for Infantry and another for the Leman Russes unless they are on the same sprue as the Malcadors which is unlikely as the Predators/Sicarans are also on different sprues. So 5 sprues in total
The Warhound had two body sprues and one weapon sprue.
Total would be 12 sprues in total. Its likely that one sprue is completely hidden in that image but its unlikely to be the case for two so the box doesn't seem to include the old Warhound weapon sprue. Not a big surprise but would have still been nice

27 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

Is the sprue in the back a regular scale sprue?

Think those might be the SA ogryns. 

Edit: Can't really call it Ninja'ed when I didn't refresh the page for 10 minutes.:ermm:

Edited by matcap86

I think you're right; there are six Terminators on the sprue – and I suspect that's for two reasons. Firstly, for variety – together with placement on the base, having even a single extra variant will create visual interest and variety; and secondly, to allow you to create a base without a sergeant.

It looks to be carried across to the other units, too – it looks to me that there are at least twenty boltgun-armed Legionaries, which means you can assemble stands without vexillas, sergeants and the like, should you wish.

If that's right, it's very welcome news, as it means we'll end up with a few spare marines for conversions, basing, terrain – or simply saving up and squeezing a couple more stands into the army. :)

Edited by apologist