27 minutes ago, apologist said:

FUTUREMAN PREDICTS

• Launch box – note this is being referred to as 'Core Box', so I think this will hang around, and won't be superceded as, say, the Grand Master box was for Titanicus – £105

Early subsequent releases (first three months)

• Astartes Legionary infantry – £25; two sprues of the infantry/Terminators/Contemptors we've seen.
  • Solar Auxilia infantry – £25; two sprues of the infantry/Sentinels/Ogryns we've seen.
  • Legion Support – £25: two sprues of Leviathan/Deredeo etc.
  • Predators – £30 for six
  • Leman Russ – £30 for six 
  • Rhinos – £25 for six. (I'm least confident about this number; but think six is most likely.)
  • Dire Wolf scout Titans – £45 for two

i hope they're this 'cheap' but fear it'll be more like + 30-50%

9 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

I don't think so. Same box size as AT, same content, almost same number of sprues => around same price. And I think that this box is intended to be spammed (multiple buy) to fast build a rich core spool of units. If it is too expensive, the "spam" is almost dead at start...killing then the game itself. They can't shoot themselves in the foot. 

BTW I'm worrying about the battlefield size: the tiles packs revealed today have 6 12"x"12". 2 different packs. Does it means that it is an insight of the battlefield sizes like 2 packs => 4'x3', or at least you need 3 for a 4x4  or 4 packs to get a 4*6 ?
For tiny games, I don't really care but for main course, I think that it means probably a classical 6*4 battlefield. (adios to the recommended size of 40k?)

18 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

6 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

I don't think so. Same box size as AT, same content, almost same number of sprues => around same price. And I think that this box is intended to be spammed (multiple buy) to fast build a rich core spool of units. If it is too expensive, the "spam" is almost dead at start...killing then the game itself. They can't shoot themselves in the foot. 

While the fear is often warranted with pricing, I'm hoping @BolterZorro is correct. The sprues look very similar to Aeronautica in terms of size, contents etc. The sprue pics make it likely we'll have three Predators on a sprue; with two sprues in a box, that's very similar to the AI ork Dakkajets or Astartes Xiphon Interceptors (i.e. six in a £30 box).

The difference here is two-fold. Firstly, GW have emphasised that you'll need loads; and secondly, AI (anecdotally) seemed to have underperformed. While I'm trying to remain objective, I think there's a good commercial argument for using the rebox/new game launch to quietly 'correct' the prices (perhaps by bulking the boxes, as below).

I think the most realistic option is that the price per box is £30 – that's standard for their Boxed Game boxes (cf Blood Bowl etc.), but who knows? As @BolterZorro points out, Epic is a different beast, as you can't put together an army from one or two boxes.

We might also compare HH2 with 40k – you get 20 marines for £50 in the Age of Darkness; and 10 marines for £37.50 in the 41st Millennium. Perhaps we'll see bigger boxes – a 'Legionary Armoured Support box' that contains 6 Predators and 4 Sicarians for £50, for example?

And it is really interesting to note that a big  part of the Epic Scale range of product (all the former AT units) are intended to play in 2 different games (with different gameplay and rules). This is a nice marketing opportunity. And I think it is a good point to beleive that LI will have a nice success. I am confident that we'll see many things for LI in the upcoming month. Up to the point of new armies (mechanicus etc...)? maybe. Up to the point to see the xenos....probably not (my conviction is that it'd canibalise 40k).

I'm also hoping that the LI units get some rules in Titanicus too, some kind of one per maniple auxiliary support formations for taking a Russ squadron, or a lurking Shadowsword, or a contingent of marines holding a building in place of a banner of knights. 

Could even just be a WD set of rules for a few units.

Partly just for the visual impact, adding some more relatable units to the Titanicus battlefield to emphasis how big these things are supposed to be (and the sheer power of the weaponry) but it might also open up a few different roles for some less used weapons too.

I think we will see Land Raiders (maybe even in the same kit as rhinos) at or near launch as well, along with a Solar Auxillia transport box.

I also suspect that we will get some kind of "legion recon box" that is something like 4x recon squad stands, 4x jetbike stands, 4x outrider stands and 4x Land Speeders and an equivalent on the Solar Auxillia with regular sentinels, cavalry and some other FA options.

Something interesting is that the models have quite major bits of flash/undercuts that link things like the guns to the bodies.

Check out this image:

image.png.9df98b0d3da02df83553d4357f1a0d61.png

Those black bits you can see between the bolters and the bodies aren't some weird issue with the photography. They're part of the models. Something to do with the moulding process I suppose and how it works for these little marines. Removing that from tons of tiny plastic men is going to be annoying.

22 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

Something interesting is that the models have quite major bits of flash/undercuts that link things like the guns to the bodies.

Check out this image:

Those black bits you can see between the bolters and the bodies aren't some weird issue with the photography. They're part of the models. Something to do with the moulding process I suppose and how it works for these little marines. Removing that from tons of tiny plastic men is going to be annoying.

My bet is on inability for undercuts in plastic being the problem. People pointed out other stretching on the rapiers too.

5 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Check out this image:

On that Scale, you will not see this on the Models....

57 minutes ago, Warmaster1988 said:

Unless you have a a bit of an OCD ... Looking forward to have the models in hand to gauge if it is bothering me too much. Knowing myself I know I can spot mould lines and undercuts quite easily and, on 28mm, spend quite some time removing those. Well, the good point is that not being employed, time is something I have :biggrin:

For some context, as I didn't liked the Epic tyranid gargoyles having "flat" wings, I used to separate them by cutting between the two wings and spreading them a bit. Yes, I am a bit crazy :biggrin:

4 hours ago, Warmaster1988 said:

I said it earlier. And I'll say it again: I do? 

It's fine if you don't particularly care, but I go to lengths to cut out overhangs on plastic models wherever I find them. Though they don't jump out at you, details like this do affect the feel of the models even at more of a distance for me.

Bit silly to dismiss other people's preferences like that.

17 hours ago, BolterZorro said:

And it is really interesting to note that a big  part of the Epic Scale range of product (all the former AT units) are intended to play in 2 different games (with different gameplay and rules). This is a nice marketing opportunity. And I think it is a good point to beleive that LI will have a nice success. I am confident that we'll see many things for LI in the upcoming month. Up to the point of new armies (mechanicus etc...)? maybe. Up to the point to see the xenos....probably not (my conviction is that it'd canibalise 40k).

We won’t see xenos. It will remain a small scale game. 

9 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Check out this image:

The models are miniscule and in one piece. Plastic isn’t magic, it has its limitations. And they most likely didn’t have the budget for fancy moulding techniques 

10 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Check out this image:

Welp I geuss 3-d printer goes brrrt once again.

13 minutes ago, Crimson Longinus said:

I have to say I really am not impressed by the quality of the infantry. Even painted by GWs professional painters they look rather dodgy.

Weirdly it seems mostly the basic bolter infantry. Attack squads, command squads, terminators, heavy weapons squads and the SA infantry all look fine to me. 

Edited by matcap86

The only way you get around it is by having multiple parts per individual marine, or by making the marines in resin or metal.  Neither of these 3 options is really viable on either cost or practicality for line infantry.  Resin is too fragile for epic scale infantry, GW doesn't do anything new post 2012 in metal and multi-part means less infantry per sprue so poor on cost.

As usual, from what I see, the game will be expensive. Not the core box. But the overall armies.
The big tanks will be in squad up to 6. Seeing the size of the titan and AI boxes, I think that the kratos and baneblade will be sold in a kit of 2 (eventually 3, but more realistically 2). That means tha you'll need a lot of boxes to cover everything and it is more and more likely to start the game with at least 2 core boxes.

The only way I see to limit the expense: fielding titans.

7 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

It had (has?) a resin model for Aeronautica Imperialis, although it seems to be either getting a 'rebox' or could be going plastic.

If we see it there, it is almost given for sure that it is part of the game, in plastic (in the upcoming relveals). And it willl be the rhino counterpart for transport for the Solar Auxilia.

Says Rhinos come in packs of tens? Kratos aren't that much bigger, could come in sixes, if that's true.

10 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

It had (has?) a resin model for Aeronautica Imperialis, although it seems to be either getting a 'rebox' or could be going plastic.

Looks exactly like the two in resin I have, so it's not a redesign, either way.

4 minutes ago, Colman said:

Says Rhinos come in packs of tens? Kratos aren't that much bigger, could come in sixes, if that's true.

If it is like previous Epic games, rhinos were moulded in a single piece. But I think that here we get 2 sprues of 5. or 1 of 10

The Kratos is WAY bigger, almost twice as big in every direction, meaning in term of plastic and moulding o lot more "surfaces" in the sprues. 1 or 2 on a sprue. GW told us a squad of 6, so, I don't see 4 or 6 per box. More likely 2 or 3.