According to the so called leaked list, the arvus is 12 pts , 2 more points than the rhino, probably for the triple movment speed.

Also according to this list, the thunderhawk has similar datasheet than the kratos/baneblade, maybe a bit less fire power, but again 3 x movement. Same wounds same armor. And same points.

Things are similar for certain planes vs their counterpar/similar grounded units. 

It's smeling good for the mix tank + planes. I hope the rules allow this vaviety of list building. 

On 7/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, BolterZorro said:

So, giving that the rhino is more and more shown in their promo pics, I can't imagine that it won't be available day one. Same probably for its Auxilia counterpart (chimera? dunno). (and transport are so important in Epic ;-) )

And I'm suspecting that the tomorrow reveal will be about (heavy) Solar Auxilia tanks , especially the baneblade. Or the fast units to have a change? (like cavalry....).

I need some LI specific units to destroys the titans WITHOUT titans (on each side). That'd be super fun.

EDIT: I don't see any fast option in the lists above (ni bikes, speeders etc...). Probably a later launche then....

To destroy titans without Titans, well you have aircraft option and that will be effective. As well fellblades and bane blades can put out fearsome firepower. I'm almost certain shadow swords are coming in fast as well. Once that comes in...well I often didn't even use titans, in 2e as shadow swords were so damn effective when teamed up with bane blades or land raiders to take out Titans. 

So a melta cannon armed kraitos will give them a very bad day. 

3 minutes ago, FarvegNugan said:

Some of the rules and stat lines seem a little odd, like the charonites seem a little weak. However the Kratos being nearly on par with a bane blade is interesting. I have a feeling melta cannon equipped Kratos will be very handy against war engines, especially if paired with a vokite armed one, at least if ther volkitee any good against void shields. 

In epic 2e any weapon could take down a void shield, I wonder if it will be the same this time around 

Edited by FarvegNugan

2 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

That would be an upgrade sprue that flies off the shelves. 

I don’t get the appeal.  To me it looks like one of those really awkward Battletech designs adapted to make a titan.  Still better than the short lived square beetle back warlord though.

54 minutes ago, Imprudent Decision said:

I don’t get the appeal.  To me it looks like one of those really awkward Battletech designs adapted to make a titan.  Still better than the short lived square beetle back warlord though.

I’m with you on that one. I’d take some Lucius-Pattern Titans perhaps but miss me with the old weird stuff that doesn’t fit the current aesthetic. 

That looks very much like a store coin, the pre-order coins tend to be bigger.  Considering they like to tie the model of the month to the coin (though this normally doesn't work out) I'm wondering if the model will be LI.  If so what will it be?  Dread looks most likely based matching a single infantry model in other systems.

1 hour ago, Nova-V said:

That looks very much like a store coin, the pre-order coins tend to be bigger.  Considering they like to tie the model of the month to the coin (though this normally doesn't work out) I'm wondering if the model will be LI.  If so what will it be?  Dread looks most likely based matching a single infantry model in other systems.

If it is an LI mini it will probably be a Contemptor but as the free minis normally are pretty easy to build as marketing to new players I'm not sure they would do a mini this small.

The AoS Cities of Sigmar launch box also has a chance to release in August so maybe a mini form that instead?

2 hours ago, VanDutch said:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but there is a Legions Imperialis collectible coin up on eBay (UK).

It could one of the monthly store coins or a free gift with preordering. Either way someone has got early access to it! 

2A83F8D9-FB09-4307-B582-EC57C84A6DE3.thumb.jpeg.112d08a83cccdb9345c94d6ab1b5be1b.jpeg

The coin in question. I’m hoping that the miniature of the month is a stand of Marines, or perhaps a Rhino.

I'm guessing we'll see the Knight Lancer on tomorrow's announcement, AoS human army box the week after and then the imperialis box which would mean 19th August pre order and release on the 26th?

Rhinos would also make sense for the store mini as they come in boxes of ten whereas the contemptor dreads are mixed with other models.

11 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

I'm guessing we'll see the Knight Lancer on tomorrow's announcement, AoS human army box the week after and then the imperialis box which would mean 19th August pre order and release on the 26th?

Rhinos would also make sense for the store mini as they come in boxes of ten whereas the contemptor dreads are mixed with other models.

The free minis should be easy and fast to build for new players and Rhinos will probably have a bit too many parts for that. 

Also in the past they did make new sprues with just a single mini on them for some months

Edited by Matrindur

42 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Each week is potential next week preorder week and I shall continue to have my hopes crushed until it's become reality!

Though just the lancer might be a too small release by itself. So might be that they release LI next to the lancer next week. With indiviual units in the following weeks. 

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

They've usually slapped the 30k Lords of War in with other big releases, rather than headline a week to them.

Could LI be a two-week pre-order? 

Did HH 2.0 get a two week preorder?  I would think it would follow the same pattern for LI.

Model wise it's worth noting that they released a Beakie in addition to the normal model of the month when AoD was released.  They followed the same pattern last month, releasing the Termagant for Leviathan and the flamer Marine being the model of the month. So it might be we get an LI model to go with the launch box and a Cities of Sigmar model as model of the month.

16 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

How do you even get a model of the month? I’ve bought something from a GW brick and mortar for the past few months and never received one. They just sit there behind the counter. 

Just ask for one. You're not automatically given one with a purchase (they aren't tied to purchases anyhow). Stores only get so many so they don't tend to throw em at everyone who comes in. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

How do you even get a model of the month? I’ve bought something from a GW brick and mortar for the past few months and never received one. They just sit there behind the counter. 

It varies from store to store. Best to ask your local store.

My mate and I went to the GW store about 30mins drive away, it’s nicer than our local (not been to him for years now) anyways the girl hosting the store didn’t have what we were after (seems to be the norm these days with GW) but she was super friendly and gave us 4 of the store model !! You can’t beat that service !!! 

Edited by Mumeishi