9 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Yea i can't wait for a repeat of heresy 2nd Ed: a barrage of a couple of weeks by influencers who never had any interest in the game and didn't stick around to play it.

It was definitely jarring when a lot of influencers who spent years saying Heresy needed to move to the 8th/9th ruleset suddenly turned around and declared their undying love for 7th.

Ah well, at least the dedicated <15mm/Epic/Titanicus/ channels will hopefully see a well-deserved uptick in views and subs.

Edited by Lord Marshal

On 7/29/2023 at 5:15 AM, 01RTB01 said:

I'm guessing we'll see the Knight Lancer on tomorrow's announcement, AoS human army box the week after and then the imperialis box which would mean 19th August pre order and release on the 26th?

Rhinos would also make sense for the store mini as they come in boxes of ten whereas the contemptor dreads are mixed with other models.

So far, correct...

59 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Supposedly there's still a few new kits to be revealed for Cities of Sigmar, and with the Sunday Preview talking about rules previews for Legions Imperialis it could end up being 12th for pre-order.

Yes I'm huffing Hopeium.

Based on patterns they'll release the army box first and then the other kits a few weeks later.

I'd wager the box next week then the other kits in September along with the nids codex and release.

25 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Based on patterns they'll release the army box first and then the other kits a few weeks later.

I'd wager the box next week then the other kits in September along with the nids codex and release.

Thing is, they have to reveal everything before the Army Set pre-order because it contains the Battletome, which will spoil any new reveals anyway.

Supposedly there's still a few boxes missing, so they'd have to reveal multiple things this coming week. That's not impossible, but without a dedicated Preview Stream that seems unlikely.

Edited by Lord Marshal

You don't need the thinner bases. They've said that, because there's no way in hell I'm rebasing my titans.

The knights, maybe. 

But, I don't like these textured bases for anything other than this specific urban setting, I'd like to see some thinner plain ones first.

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard

1 minute ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

You don't need the thinner bases. They've said that, because there's no way in hell I'm rebasing my titans.

The knights, maybe. 

But, I don't like these textured bases for anything other than this specific urban setting, I'd like to see some thinner plain ones first.

Agreed on Titans.

I have sorted bases for my Tanks and marines so I am all good.

28 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

The knights, maybe. 

Just bung some fine sand, rubble of choice and or textured paint on them and they're instantly not urban anymore. 

What theme/landscape were you thinking of having them on?

39 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Dang. I'm gonna need to get some from somewhere...

Leave your AT stuff as is mate, then it's good for both game systems. 

I think this is where some of GW's textured technical paints will be super handy, Martian crust will look like rough terrain on these bases :laugh: and Astrogranite will be very easy to apply wash & drybrush  

I'll be making my own Circles if GW charges a little too much for their own "new Bases" ..... Down to bunnings for a - Sutton Tools 25mm TCT Multi-Purpose Seamless Holesaw   :thumbsup: sorted.... 

My friend is 3D printing me some MK4 stuff as a belated house warming gift but I think I need to supply the bases, so ideally I'd like them to look cool next to the stuff I'll be buying directly from GW.

(It's a supplement to my purchases, as I want it ALL!)

Edited by Captain Idaho

9 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Sounds like a lot of people just need to learn to use a block/filter function and get on with their lives. Influencer marketing seems to work, and its definitely not going away if you are hate watching it for some bizarre reason.

I dont even watch those Videos, that Fake Hype / Excitement is annoying.

I prefer the honest review of someone WHO spend Money on the product 

8 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Just bung some fine sand, rubble of choice and or textured paint on them and they're instantly not urban anymore. 

Its not that, it's the fact they have the cut outs which affect the rims being smooth. So that would need filling.

Which is what makes me doubt these are the only ones they're making.