2 hours ago, vadersson said:

So the Dark Angels wore black and red in the HH period?  I did not know that.  I was wondering what a Blood Angels death company was doing in HH.  ;)

Yeah, red is their main spot colour in the Great Crusade and Heresy era, as seen on this Sabre SPG here:

d9SFb10HgiX2E5ap.jpg

Looks like they've just increased the amount of red on the LI miniatures to set them apart from Iron Hands (who they've painted a really dark metallic colour) and Raven Guard (who I expect to see quite a bit of white decoration on)

Edited by Urauloth

13 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

Yeah, red is their main spot colour in the Great Crusade and Heresy era, as seen on this Sabre SPG here:

Reveal hidden contents

d9SFb10HgiX2E5ap.jpg

Looks like they've just increased the amount of red on the LI miniatures to set them apart from Iron Hands (who they've painted a really dark metallic colour) and Raven Guard (who I expect to see quite a bit of white decoration on)

Yeah I'll Admit it threw me for a second, Not being a keen follower of Heresy era My knowledge/Memory of Chapter colours is very limited (I guess that's why I'm playing it safe by playing Ultramarines... :tongue: Although Multiple legions is mentioned, I guess that will help Curb decision fatigue... :laugh:

Also Happy to see the Thunderhawk appearing ,  Question- so it's capacity of 8 , does that translate to 8 X single bases of 5 terminators?... 

Cheers, M  

12 minutes ago, Mumeishi said:

Also Happy to see the Thunderhawk appearing ,  Question- so it's capacity of 8 , does that translate to 8 X single bases of 5 terminators?... 

8 stands of tacticals, probably, but I expect the "bulky" rule terminators have will make them take up double slots. That would mean one default size detachment per Thunderhawk.
That's still a lot more than current canon, which is 30 guys in power armour or 15 in TDA, if I remember rightly, but it's possible that they're going to revise that and/or that they made better Thunderhawks back in the day and the Martian priesthood forgot how to put the extra seats in sometime in the millennia since.

So I did a little thinking about this image here:

Spoiler

LI FFAstartes Aug01 Terrain2

At first you might think its only the contents of the box with some Rhinos added but its actually missing the Predators. That makes me think this might be a legal Demi-Company Formation as you can only take one of Battle Tank or Heavy Armour with that and in this case they choose the Sicarans as Heavy Armour. 

From the leaks we already know that Terminators and Assault Squads can join Tactical detachments at +2 bases instead of their normal 4 so you can use the lower number in the launch box but at least in the leak that isn't the case for the Plasma/Missile support detachments.

But if this is a legal Demi-Company and they don't use those as "counts as" Tactical detachments (Why would GW do this?) that must mean the leaks are incomplete and it is possible to add Plasma/Missile Detachments as +2 to Tactical detachments just like Terminators and Assault Squads.

Other observations: 

The two blocks of Tactical detachments with their added on other types should be the compulsory Core detachments with the Contemptors being the Support Detachment. Then they upgraded one Tactical detachment and the HQ Legion Command with Rhino transports and took a optional Heavy Armour with the Sicarans. 

In total this would be 347 points plus whatever the Plasma/Missile upgrades would be, probably around 25 additional points.

Also it seems to be possible to mix different weapon loadouts in each detachment going by the Sicarans and Contemptors? Was this also the case for older Epic edition?

But that might also just be because they only got these painted up

Edited by Matrindur

Assuming there is a "Demi-Company" box worth about 375 points, you would need 8 such boxes for a game of 3000 points.

In the early 90's, a Space Marine Battle Group box (see pictures, shamessly plundered from the web) cost £5. Taking the inflation calculator from the Bank of England and 1990 as base year, that would translate into about £12 today. Double that to arrive roughly at the same number of stands and add vehicules to the mix (half of a Rhino box + 2 tanks), and you are probably looking at £40-45 for a "Demi-Company" box (if such a box were to exist).

Caveat: this is a purely speculative exercise. Curious to see the actual pricing. I Hope it won't be too expensive because I know it wil bleed my wallet dry ...

878151.thumb.jpg.e9745a438ea36cbe5d028f7fd6df786e.jpg878150.thumb.jpg.88682e539a00910d47a04ae7410ec6df.jpg

8 hours ago, sonsoftaurus said:

So…many…Rhinos! :biggrin:

Ah yes the old epic rhino cavalry/missiles. Drop off infantry into position, go charging across the field to try to double/triple team something more important. 

I was thinking these will be used as cheap fodder to boost up the combat for units in melee. A Rhino and a Tactical squad in melee with a single base essentially gives the Tactical squad 3D6 in Combat, which could help overcome even Terminators.

3 hours ago, Mendi Warrior said:

878151.thumb.jpg.e9745a438ea36cbe5d028f7fd6df786e.jpg878150.thumb.jpg.88682e539a00910d47a04ae7410ec6df.jpg

Man… look at those Ultramarine terminators, makes me want to paint my LI army in old school ultra colours :wub:

i do wonder why we haven’t seen the top 5 armies shown in the LI pics… deathguard are kinda bland and Iron hands are a black blob of meh..:laugh:

the Dark angels have been the nicest so far …!! 

M

Been thinking on what has been shown to us so far, the leaks and GW's comments about the Kratos being one of the heaviest tanks released so far... I'm not sure we're getting Land Raiders and Spartans on release you know.

Which is a shame as I'd prefer them to Thunderhawks for transporting Terminators across the table.

8 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Been thinking on what has been shown to us so far, the leaks and GW's comments about the Kratos being one of the heaviest tanks released so far... I'm not sure we're getting Land Raiders and Spartans on release you know.

Which is a shame as I'd prefer them to Thunderhawks for transporting Terminators across the table.

The leaks are probably from the book and since they wouldn't put rules in it if the models won't be released in the next months thats probably everything we get for the launch.

Todays reveal will be interesting as it won't be SM or SA in this case. (unless its the Arvus for SA)

Could be either plastic Mechanicum knights but that will probably take until we get actual Mechanicum.

Could be Armigers but just those don't seem enough for an article looking at the last two.

Could just be an article talking about the changes for the reboxing so new bases and probably combined Warlords/Reiver boxes

Edited by Matrindur

Posted over on DakkaDakka, apparently from the same leaker as before:

Accurate means you get to reroll failed hits.
AT means hits against infantry/cav are AP 0
Light AT means hits against Vehicles/SHV/Knights/Titans are AP 0 and can’t be allocated to Void Shields
Engine Killer only affects SHV/Knights/Titans and no you can’t assign excess wounds to other units in the detachment.
The Warlord Vulcan Megabolter Array gets 20 dice. However, it’s 5+ to hit and won’t have AP against Vehicles/SHV/Knights/Titans.

Implacable: A Detachment which contains one or more models with the Implacable special rule does not take Morale checks when they lose a Combat. Instead, the controlling player may choose if the Detachment Withdraws or not. An Engaged Implacable Detachment that does not Withdraw remains Engaged; if no models in the Detachment are in base to base contact with an enemy model, the Detachment does not move and is no longer Engaged.

Jink (X): Models with the Jink special rule gain an additional Save characteristic equal to the number shown in brackets, referred to as a Jink Save. Jink Saves are not modified by a weapon's AP characteristic, and cannot be taken if the target model has been issued a First Fire Order.

Steadfast: A model with the Steadfast special rule counts its Tactical Strength as one higher than normal (e.g., an Infantry model with the Steadfast special rule would have a Tactical Strength of 6). This rule is cumulative with other special rules (i.e., an Iron Warriors Legion Terminator model would have a Tactical Strength of 8 in certain circumstances thanks to the ‘The Bitter End' Legion special rule (see page 156)).

Flyer: Models with the Flyer special rule operate differently to other Detachments on the battlefield and are subject to the unique set of rules described below.
Unless instructed otherwise, Flyers are not deployed on the battlefield at the start of the battle and are instead placed in Reserve. Unless instructed otherwise, a model with the Flyer special rule that is in Reserve can only be issued with an Advance Order or a March Order. Any weapons with the Point Defence trait that the Flyer has count as having the Skyfire trait when firing upon an enemy model with the Flyer special rule.
When activated during the Movement phase, the controlling player places the Flyer so the rear of its base is touching a point on the controlling player's board edge or touching any board edge at a point within 8" of the controlling player's board edge. The Flyer then moves and can only move in a straight line. A Flyer can make a single turn of up to 90° during its movement. Flyers can move over any model or area of terrain during their movement. A Flyer can end its movement overlapping Impassable terrain.

Flyers fire as normal during the Combat phase. Due to their altitude, a Flyer is considered to have line of sight to all models on the battlefield, unless instructed otherwise. Similarly, all Detachments are considered to have line of sight to a Flyer. A Flyer suffers no penalties to Hit rolls for targeting obscured models, though they do suffer penalties for firing upon Detachments within an area of terrain as normal.

In the Remove Flyers stage of the End phase, all Flyers on the battlefield are removed and placed back in Reserve – they do not count as being destroyed and may return to the battlefield in the following round. Any Wounds a Flyer has suffered remain; for example, if it leaves the battlefield having suffered 2 Wounds, when it next returns it still has suffered 2 Wounds.

Due to the altitude a Flyer operates at, Flyers are ignored for the purposes of calculating who controls an Objective. Flyers do not have an Engagement Zone, cannot be Engaged and/or Pinned and do not block line of sight. As Flyers do not have an Engagement Zone, other models, friendly or enemy, can move through a Flyer's base and finish their move in base contact with it – while a model can end its move overlapping a Flyer's base, it is best to avoid this where possible.

Unless otherwise instructed, any model firing at a model with the Flyer special rule can only Hit on a natural roll of a 6, regardless of modifiers. If a weapon uses a template, such as the Flame template or the Blast template, a model with the Flyer special rule is ignored when calculating Hits unless the weapon also has the Skyfire trait.

9 hours ago, Urauloth said:

8 stands of tacticals, probably, but I expect the "bulky" rule terminators have will make them take up double slots. That would mean one default size detachment per Thunderhawk.
That's still a lot more than current canon, which is 30 guys in power armour or 15 in TDA, if I remember rightly, but it's possible that they're going to revise that and/or that they made better Thunderhawks back in the day and the Martian priesthood forgot how to put the extra seats in sometime in the millennia since.

The article from yesterday specifically called out that the Thunderhawk could carry 8 bulky troops such as terminators.  So you should be able to put a max detachment into a single thunderhawk.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Posted over on DakkaDakka, apparently from the same leaker as before:

59 minutes ago, nilsh said:

The flyer rules sounds pretty good in my opinion. If my memory serves me right it's a bit like Epic Armageddon's rules, but it's been a long time since I played it.

These rules are perfect, and a great example of why Flyers don’t really fit the 28mm battlefield scale.

13 hours ago, vadersson said:

My only concern is the weapon ranges seem short.  But we will see how it plays.

So the Dark Angels wore black and red in the HH period?  I did not know that.  I was wondering what a Blood Angels death company was doing in HH.  ;)

so funnily enough the blood angels DID wear their death company colours in the heresy too. It was a scheme they would wear when conducting missions deemed to be "in the company of death" ie suicide missions. Like the handful of guys left on Baal who thought Sangy was dead and were like "welp, grab your kit we are going to go kill Horus". 

5 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Plastic Armigers I think will be coming. FW AT section has 0 models left, and their stuff doesn't usually get repackaged as there's no need.

God I hope you’re right… I wanted to grab some so bad but the price and the load out was bonkers. Plastic Armigers would be a dream come true.