4 of each rapier and 4 of each tarantula on a sprue would be 20 models - 2 sprues gives you the 40 models on the box, but that doesn't count the cyclops.

12 of each rapier and 12 of each tarantula plus 4 cyclops gives you the 28 models mentioned in the article. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Be cool if there's Land Raiders coming and that's why we're seeing the release pushed back - so they can have less time between the first release and the upgrade box. 

Terminators without Land Raiders... in Epic? Nah son.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a close-combat Terminators and Land Raiders combo box.

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Another strange thing is that the article says its 28 models, 12 Rapiers, 12 Tarantulas and 4 cyclops but the box shows 40? Also the cyclops arent even shown on the box?

They like to count each mini in counts.  So only 28 bases/units but with the gun and little support guys, it gets to 40.

45 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Now to wonder if this is delayed because everything is delayed, or are they shuffling releases around?

Presumably warehouse and IT issues. Shame but I've got Leviathan to paint up and sell plus essays to write [as a 40 year old returning to uni this is jarring to say the least...] so a delay isn't too big a deal. 

Sad news about the delay, but does give me more time to continue with my pile of shame sell off.

One reason for the delay could be that they’d underestimated the interest but customer reaction has been such that they are producing more (like they tried to do with the Lion). The fact that it doesn’t say a delay of a few weeks but ‘later in the year’ makes me think this might be the case as they’ll need more books printed. 

Here is what is probably going on:

-Games Workshop have operations managers hired for ‘attitude’ and not competence who don’t have any experience beyond working for GW

-Games Workshop is hiring small ball IT Staff who are lying about or over promising on the possible. I just left a company like this. The new Managed Services director was a business major that thought his lead security architect handled password changes and phishing emails. 
-Games Workshop is using a third party vendor that is delaying delivery to drag out payments. 
-Games Workshop has some kind of institutional drag in older employees and warehouse team members causing the implementation to delay. 
-Games Workshop is trying to do this in house with individual hires and won’t commit the money needed (not likely given their reports)

-A combination of these. 

If GW can’t pull its head out of its [redacted] it’s going to cascade into larger failures and losses. 

The delay is kinda good news for my wallet (do we know if this is a launch box or a starter box?). But bad news in general for GW. The assumption was that post-Leviathan things would start getting back on track but we seem to be headed the opposite way.

Anyway, I've always loved the cyclops as it's just super cute and daft. Now it's even tinier I love it more. SA might be swinging it for me right now.

7 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

It's extra bad news for GW as it gives that much more lead time for 3d designers and people who print. Especially with the leaked rules to give an idea of what people might want.

I suspect the people who were always going to print were never going to touch GW's boxes anyway.

It's no secret what a Spartan or Land Raider looks like.

Edited by Lord Marshal

39 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Here is what is probably going on:

-Games Workshop have operations managers hired for ‘attitude’ and not competence who don’t have any experience beyond working for GW

-Games Workshop is hiring small ball IT Staff who are lying about or over promising on the possible. I just left a company like this. The new Managed Services director was a business major that thought his lead security architect handled password changes and phishing emails. 
-Games Workshop is using a third party vendor that is delaying delivery to drag out payments. 
-Games Workshop has some kind of institutional drag in older employees and warehouse team members causing the implementation to delay. 
-Games Workshop is trying to do this in house with individual hires and won’t commit the money needed (not likely given their reports)

-A combination of these. 

If GW can’t pull its head out of its [redacted] it’s going to cascade into larger failures and losses. 

Have they said what ERP they are moving to? Seems comically bad at this point that this is still an issue.

3 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

I suspect the people who were always going to print were never going to touch GW's boxes anyway.

It's no secret what a Spartan or Land Raider looks like.

Yeah I agree, I doubt this will make a difference when it comes to that. I've been toying with the idea of ordering some proxies from Etsy to see how they hold up against the official miniatures but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The delay isn’t the end of the world for me. The mere announcement of Legions Imperialis has given me the motivation to jump back into Titanicus and finish the ton of unpainted stuff I have and has also helped me rope in at least one new player for both systems. 

I am really annoyed that literally everything for AT is unavailable, though.