1 hour ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

The rumour I've heard is that there's a quote in the rulebook which is also an actual quote from one of history's less than palatable regimes and the books are in need of a reprint.

I personally don't believe this. I'd wager more likely IT/ warehouse muppetry part 75,345.

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Most 40K quotes are repurpose bad people quotes. Who told you this?

Rumour I saw in an LI discord.

To be fair, the guy who reported the rumour told us the game was going to be delayed a good two or three hours before War Com announced it too.

26 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

To be fair, the guy who reported the rumour told us the game was going to be delayed a good two or three hours before War Com announced it too.

I'm sure the Quote would be worth a chuckle in a black humor kind of way if the guy can provide it.

2 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I'm sure the Quote would be worth a chuckle in a black humor kind of way if the guy can provide it.

Just watch, it won’t be anything political it’ll be a Rommel or Guderian quote about how to move tanks or something and some mouth breather got cold feet. 

I find it interesting that they waited until now to say it wouldn't launch in August.  They only officially announced this a month ago, which sounds to me like someone was lying to their boss about when issues would be resolved.  Especially since they don't even give a new release date.  They have been pushing hard on the previews for LI, so this is a lot of egg for a company.  Wouldn't shock me if someone is getting fired over this.

39 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Pure speculation, but could it be something like a container being stuck on a ship or in customs somewhere, and they had expected to have it resolved weeks ago.

I'd laugh if it was due to the BC Port Workers strike.

Man I hope the delay isn't anything to do with reprinting books. They could take ages.

Maybe the quote isn't the unsavoury kind we think it is? Maybe the quote was completely off base and from Geoffrey Dhamer or something? Or a cheesey line from a movie?

Ok, reprint the books. That sounds like a good reason for a delay.

Edited by Captain Idaho

4 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

Which discord is this?  Been looking for a decent discord for LI

1 minute ago, Beaky Brigade said:

I heard from my mate at GW that page 72 had a minor points error for one of the units, and rather than release a incorrect and disappointing product they are going to reprint the books as they don't want to let their fan base down and diminish their reputation... 

Glances at 10th...

2 hours ago, Scribe said:

I'd laugh if it was due to the BC Port Workers strike.

Yay it's my fualt! But nah GW ships to the east coast and only west coast shipping was affected and no one was taking diverted cargo either. It's just the same thing we been seeing with GW's lack of production to meet demand it's not the first delay to have been announced in recent times and it won't be the last.