2 hours ago, Scribe said:

I'd laugh if it was due to the BC Port Workers strike.

3 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Yay it's my fualt! But nah GW ships to the east coast and only west coast shipping was affected and no one was taking diverted cargo either. It's just the same thing we been seeing with GW's lack of production to meet demand it's not the first delay to have been announced in recent times and it won't be the last.

Got my hopes up that we may have had a container of LI sitting a lil ways down at the port, now...you suuuure they only ship to east coast and there's no chance of anything falling out of/off a container now is there :teehee:

8 hours ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Got my hopes up that we may have had a container of LI sitting a lil ways down at the port, now...you suuuure they only ship to east coast and there's no chance of anything falling out of/off a container now is there :teehee:

Remember when a container full of rubber ducks fell off a freighter from China and spilled into the ocean and scientists tracked them for 2 years to study currents; imagine if that happened to a GW shipment and scientists had to track a load of mini Miunitorum Armoured Containers and dreadnoughts floating around the globe

The rumour I heard was that the quality of the books was terrible in the writing and rules, like the issues with Heresy 2nd (different stats/rules based on depending on different print runs/language versions) but magnified. Apparently they even recalled the books (not the cards) they sent to influencers (which is where the story is coming from).

Some of the issues were unit upgrade points were way off, with infantry were incredibly low to upgrade compared to vehicles with similar weapons; fire raptors rules were "broken" in that it mechanically didn't work; thunderhawk's (and other units) card didn't match the actual rulebook rules.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

7 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

The rumour I heard was that the quality of the books was terrible in the writing and rules, like the issues with Heresy 2nd (different stats/rules based on depending on different print runs/language versions) but magnified. Apparently they even recalled the books they sent to influencers (which is where the story is coming from).

Where is the actual source for this, though? This feels very scuttlebutt at the moment.

It’s not possible they send a book to China and it’s made and shipped back to the UK, packaged in boxes, and sent to its distro hubs only for an editor to finally read it and realize it’s bad. 

It is not just possible, but Google actually recommends it, when you type in “quotes about tank warfare” the first result is Guderian. After the thing in the main rule book for AoD the toxic channels like Goobertown and Discourse latched onto about how space marines are made, they’re probably just trying to avoid that again. 

if you’re a twenty year old art student from the uk that got a publishing job right out of school because you thought the GW toys were cool, you probably don’t know the ‘bag guy’ generals names off the top of your head because zoomers didn’t grow up in a world where everyone learns as much about World War Two as they can as a child. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

9 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

Where is the actual source for this, though? This feels very scuttlebutt at the moment.

The Grimdark terrain guy.

Edit: Also just to be clear, I'm not saying I believe this 100% or whatever. Just that it's a new possibility to add to the mix.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I guess we'll find out depending on how quickly it releases. If it's just a few weeks, it will have almost certainly been warehouse issues. The timing would certainly check out.

23 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

The rumour I heard was that the quality of the books was terrible in the writing and rules, like the issues with Heresy 2nd (different stats/rules based on depending on different print runs/language versions) but magnified. Apparently they even recalled the books (not the cards) they sent to influencers (which is where the story is coming from).

Some of the issues were unit upgrade points were way off, with infantry were incredibly low to upgrade compared to vehicles with similar weapons; fire raptors rules were "broken" in that it mechanically didn't work; thunderhawk's (and other units) card didn't match the actual rulebook rules.

I sincerely doubt it will have been anything to do with rules quality or lack thereof, considering they had no problem pushing flagship 40k out of the door. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

18 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

I guess we'll find out depending on how quickly it releases. If it's just a few weeks, it will have almost certainly been warehouse issues. The timing would certainly check out.

I sincerely doubt it will have been anything to do with rules quality or lack thereof, considering they had no problem pushing flagship 40k out of the door. 

Excellent point. If GW started reprinting books because of the rules they’d never print a book again. 

Edit: Just saw Grimdark Terrains Fb Post, he saw the book and the typos/bad copy paste. Now I think they sent the wrong version to print. There’s no way the editing staff is that bad. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

Based on some past kickstarters I backed, you would be surprised what can happen to files between approval and what gets printed.  I have seen KS that had to scrap and redo large runs because someone used the wrong file.

is if they have to do a rule book reprint. They hopefully will use a local print house.  If they go to China, we would be waiting several months on freight to cross the ocean.  A local print might cost more, but hopefully could be done in a month.  And less freight charges.

like many of you, I am shocked that GW would hold a book for typos.  It must be really bad.  ;)

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Excellent point. If GW started reprinting books because of the rules they’d never print a book again. 

Edit: Just saw Grimdark Terrains Fb Post, he saw the book and the typos/bad copy paste. Now I think they sent the wrong version to print. There’s no way the editing staff is that bad. 

Got a link?  I was not able to find such a post anywhere but I am not familiar with Grimdark Terrain.

thanks!

Maybe they should put the damn Titans back out and stop holding up a whole other game with this. I know a couple people looking for starter kits, models and resources that are currently unavailable because of this and now they’re going to be held up even longer due to this debacle. 

43 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

Maybe they should put the damn Titans back out and stop holding up a whole other game with this. I know a couple people looking for starter kits, models and resources that are currently unavailable because of this and now they’re going to be held up even longer due to this debacle. 

This has been very frustrating! Not sure about you but it has been a good 4 months of zero stock, some things close to 6 (might be off a bit). I don't usually buy stuff on-line prefer bricks & mortar, but by the time I convinced myself to look online, everything was sold out pretty much everywhere and definitely not worth getting dinged by Canada customs ordering from the USA.  Customs is on a serious roll lately. 

17 minutes ago, Spazmolytic said:

This has been very frustrating! Not sure about you but it has been a good 4 months of zero stock, some things close to 6 (might be off a bit). I don't usually buy stuff on-line prefer bricks & mortar, but by the time I convinced myself to look online, everything was sold out pretty much everywhere and definitely not worth getting dinged by Canada customs ordering from the USA.  Customs is on a serious roll lately. 

Forge World is a barren plain when it comes to AT now as well. I’ve got some weapons coming today but it was slim pickings. All of the Knights are gone, most of the weapons and all of the terrain. It’s scalper’s paradise on eBay and elsewhere. 

Hell, I saw someone selling a single RoB tile for over $600 on eBay the other day. Starter boxes for over $400. Warlords for the price of a Warmaster. It’s happening on GW’s watch and they could do something about it but they seem content sitting on their thumbs and letting a game basically die while their potential customers languish or break down and pay outrageous prices elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

Yep, its absurd at this point.

7 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Has anyone tried the "email me when in stock" option? I have done that and it has worked for several things I've been after. Probably more likely to yield results than the grumbles here. I understand peoples' frustrations so hopefully this may lead to something,

Good call, other than the fact they pulled the listings for Knights/Titans completely. :D

=][=

Legions Imperialis is going to be late, and folks are unhappy:cry:... Okay we get it. Let's move on:yes:

However oh so very tempted I am to disappear EVERY post in these last three pages, we're going to leave it as is... BUT, any more off topic posts will be hidden.

=][=

From FB apply salt

Legion Demi-Company Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
2x Core

Optional Detachments
1x Bastion
1x Core
2x Transport
2x Support
1x Vanguard
One of the Following:
1xLight Armour
1x Air Support
One of the Following:
1x Artillery
1x Battle Tank
1x Heavy Armour

Special Rules:
> Dedicated Transports: Any Legiones Astartes Detachment within the Formation that contains only Infantry models may be upgraded with Legion Rhinos as Dedicated Transports.

>Heart of the Legion: Compulsory Core Detachment slots in this Formation must be filled with Legion Tactical Detachments. All non-Infantry models within this Formation increase their Tactical Strength by 1 when contesting an Objective marker that an Infantry model within this Formation is also contesting.

Legion Garrison Force Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
1x Core
1x Bastion

Optional Detachments
2x Bastion
1x Core
1x Air Support
2x Support
1x Artillery
One of the Following:
1x Heavy Armour
1x Artillery

Special Rules: None.

Legion Armoured Company Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x Battle Tank
1x Battle Tank
1x Heavy Armour

Optional Detachments:
1x Light Armour
1x Heavy Armour
2x Battle Tank
One of the Following:
1x Air Support
1x Heavy Armour

Special Rules: None

Legion Aerial Assault Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
1x Core
1x Vanguard

Optional Detachments:
2x Support
1x Core
2x Air Support
1x Vanguard

Special Rules:
> Dedicated Transports: Any Legiones Astartes Detachment within a Legion Aerial Assault Formation can be upgraded with Legion Storm Eagles or Legion Thunderhawks as Dedicated Transports, at a cost of +100 points per Storm Eagle and +150 points per Legion Thunderhawk.

> Aerial Assault: All Detachments within the Formation that do not have the Flyer special rule must begin the game Embarked upon a Transport with the Flyer special rule.

At 3000 points (Standard Sized Game) you need two formations minimum.
Is there a maximum?
Nope.

Some interesting limitations there, feels odd that you apparently cant build a full company of the same vehicles (Or anything by the looks of it) without mixing some other units in. The points costs of Stormeagles and thunderhawks are much closer than id assumed too

Ive included the info again below as i had to format it for my brain to work, figured it might help someone else too, all actual credit to @Marshal Rohr

Legion Demi-Company Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
2x Core

Optional Detachments
1x Bastion
1x Core
2x Transport
2x Support
1x Vanguard

One of the Following:
1xLight Armour
1x Air Support

One of the Following:
1x Artillery
1x Battle Tank
1x Heavy Armour

Special Rules:
> Dedicated Transports: Any Legiones Astartes Detachment within the Formation that contains only Infantry models may be upgraded with Legion Rhinos as Dedicated Transports.

>Heart of the Legion: Compulsory Core Detachment slots in this Formation must be filled with Legion Tactical Detachments. All non-Infantry models within this Formation increase their Tactical Strength by 1 when contesting an Objective marker that an Infantry model within this Formation is also contesting.

Legion Garrison Force Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
1x Core
1x Bastion

Optional Detachments
2x Bastion
1x Core
1x Air Support
2x Support
1x Artillery

One of the Following:
1x Heavy Armour
1x Artillery

Special Rules: None.

Legion Armoured Company Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x Battle Tank
1x Battle Tank
1x Heavy Armour

Optional Detachments:
1x Light Armour
1x Heavy Armour
2x Battle Tank

One of the Following:
1x Air Support
1x Heavy Armour

Special Rules: None

Legion Aerial Assault Formation

Compulsory Detachments:
1x HQ
1x Support
1x Core
1x Vanguard

Optional Detachments:
2x Support
1x Core
2x Air Support
1x Vanguard

Special Rules:
> Dedicated Transports: Any Legiones Astartes Detachment within a Legion Aerial Assault Formation can be upgraded with Legion Storm Eagles or Legion Thunderhawks as Dedicated Transports, at a cost of +100 points per Storm Eagle and +150 points per Legion Thunderhawk.

> Aerial Assault: All Detachments within the Formation that do not have the Flyer special rule must begin the game Embarked upon a Transport with the Flyer special rule.

At 3000 points (Standard Sized Game) you need two formations minimum.
Is there a maximum?
Nope.