9 hours ago, Scribe said:

Good call, other than the fact they pulled the listings for Knights/Titans completely. :D

Oh, apologies, that really does suck then :(

Hopefully people aren't waiting long.

In the meantime, the leaks look interesting. I had fond memories of ork army building using detachment and formation card equivalents. Hopefully we get physical cards for LI that are easy enough to get hold of.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

Got my hopes up that we may have had a container of LI sitting a lil ways down at the port, now...you suuuure they only ship to east coast and there's no chance of anything falling out of/off a container now is there :teehee:

Sadly I've never seen a single ship from England in my entire career most are from China, Japan, Russia but not some much anymore, Korea and Germany for some wierd reason. But if one did I'd let you know lol.

35 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Sadly I've never seen a single ship from England in my entire career most are from China, Japan, Russia but not some much anymore, Korea and Germany for some wierd reason. But if one did I'd let you know lol.

Most container ships are registered in a small number of countries, I doubt many are registered in the UK. But that doesn't mean one of the others didn't do a journey from the UK to North America.

These warring Allegiances have mustered a disparate collection of very different forces, of which there are four represented initially – the Space Marines of the Legiones Astartes and the human soldiers of the Solar Auxilia, plus the Strategic Assets of the Knight Houses and Titan Legions. 

The phrasing is a bit strange: in the 4 forces, there are only 2 as "full force/armies" and the other 2 are just phrased "strategic assets".

Does that means that in the initial setup, GW doesn't want the knights and the titans to be "full forces/armies"? Or is it just phrasing for suspense, literature or whatever?

I am afraid that for sales reasons, that the knights/titans won't be full armies but I'm pretty confident that in the future they will. (we saw this in the past...)

1 minute ago, BolterZorro said:

These warring Allegiances have mustered a disparate collection of very different forces, of which there are four represented initially – the Space Marines of the Legiones Astartes and the human soldiers of the Solar Auxilia, plus the Strategic Assets of the Knight Houses and Titan Legions. 

The phrasing is a bit strange: in the 4 forces, there are only 2 as "full force/armies" and the other 2 are just phrased "strategic assets".

Does that means that in the initial setup, GW doesn't want the knights and the titans to be "full forces/armies"? Or is it just phrasing for suspense, literature or whatever?

I am afraid that for sales reasons, that the knights/titans won't be full armies but I'm pretty confident that in the future they will. (we saw this in the past...)

They already said in another article that Knights/Titans will only be available as the 30% allies (at least at launch)

Pick your Primary Army List – the force from which you’ll pick a minimum of 70% of your units. At present, this means either the Legiones Astartes or the Solar Auxilia, but other factions may join the fray in future… 

Just now, Captain Idaho said:

Since folk will be taking multiple Formations, that's fairly flexible mixing and matching. If you're like me and love micro machines, you'll be adding at least one Armoured Company Formation to the army.

yes, and that also means that the separate boxes of tanks (and infantry) have to be available at launch. Depending on the price, I now need at least 2 core boxes but maybe 3 if the deal is nice. The only things that bother me at the third box are the unneeded additional warhounds and paper (rules etc...).

1 hour ago, Burni said:

“Oh and in this months White Dwarf there’s a special formation that allows you to take all Knight or Titan armies. But you need to get your opponent’s mum to say it’s okay to use it.”

My mum says its ok to use it and theres some of that stuff in the attic but shes not going up there

34 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Speaking of the leaks... I'm hoping Terminators can't be transported in Rhinos. The disconnect in fluff to practicality would break my brain.

We know there's Large Transport, where Large means 1-to-1 capacity for Bulky troops. Perhaps the full rules specify only Large Transports can carry Bulky?

1 hour ago, jaxom said:

We know there's Large Transport, where Large means 1-to-1 capacity for Bulky troops. Perhaps the full rules specify only Large Transports can carry Bulky?

I can see two possibilities, either bulky just means only large transports can carry them and there isn't a difference in capacity for bulky,

Or there are three transport classes: small transport that cannot take bulky, medium transports that can take them but at two transport capacity per stand and large transport that can take them at 1 capacity.

For example rhinos would be small, land raiders medium and the thunderhawk large.

Edited by Matrindur

My marketing point of view (and expectation) : now that the launch of LI is postponed, the marketing has to find a way to sustain the hype which probably means new articles and maybe new reveal on the LI line of products.

I hope we"ll see a bit more boxes reveals to build a 3k list. We can't really do it now because of the lack of infos. We only know for sure the boxes:

- core box

- astartes support (4 of each support units)

- Solar Auxilia support (idem)

- kratos (4 tanks)

- baneblade (4 tanks)

- rhino (at least 10 rhinos but we don't know it it is only that)

we have also seen few tanks with different armament (not sure) (leman russes, predators?)

We have seen the flying SA transport (avus) but no info yet.

Thunderhawks seems nice on paper: I only have one. I'm thinking that maybe another one would be nice...

We need asap: infantry boxes and tanks boxes.

This is the bare minimum to plan a first list. (well, we can also add few titans/knights/planes).

Edited by BolterZorro

6 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

One of my hopes is we get a bigger splurge release at launch. So not just the core box and 2 support boxes. But also the "second wave" of releases. 

I hope its not that far delayed that it would come together with a second wave since I wouldn't actually expect one until the end of the year/early next year. They could move it forward to release both together but why should they do that? 

6 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

I hope its not that far delayed that it would come together with a second wave since I wouldn't actually expect one until the end of the year/early next year. They could move it forward to release both together but why should they do that? 

I hope so too, but if the rumours about needing to reprint the books (and then rebox all the stuff) are true, I can't see the delay being less than several months. It's also not grounded in reality, I just like to have options when buying stuff :sweat: