I do wish GW would just say how long...  But I have never been a fan of the coming soon™ in anything I enjoy. 

If you miss a date fine, I can be disappointed without being annoyed or angry.

If it is delayed until Christmas or later that will kill all the hype and momentum they have been building.  It would also leave me with the feeling that GW doesn't care about the game so I should expect nothing that isn't part of the initial release to ever be officially done.

something else will get bumped so that a slot opens up when LI is ready.

The lack of information is most worrying. If a company knows the release is August, tells everyone, then puts it back but doesn't know how long for, that strikes me as a fundamental problem or change coming.

If it's just to get the game ready for Land Raiders to be out with the initial release then sure, I'll be considered mollified.

First purchase would be starter box, boxed set of Land Raiders and additional Terminators it available.

Edited by Captain Idaho

It doesn't really matter whether is would kill the hype as they simple don't have a choice. If its a problem big enough that they would reprint the books, they simple can't release it now. Otherwise they probably would and just release an errata afterwards. They also can't choose how much it will be delayed. Its not like they go to the printers and say no need to hurry, we'll delay it until next year. They themselves should be trying to get it done as soon as possible.

The best thing they could do in the meantime is release the AT and AI stuff on their own so people can at least buy that for now. Of course its not that easy as that should already all be in the newly branded boxes and there would be many confused people if they see a Legions Imperialis box in a store just to be told that the game isn't actually out yet. But AT (and to a lesser extend AI) isn't just LI it is its own game too. Right now there are already many people asking why you can't buy anything for AT and it has only been a month. And it seems like it will be another 2-4 months until you will be able to buy anything for playing AT even if they don't even care about LI and thats pretty bad for an existing game.

So I hope they at least rerelease the Titans/Knights for now.

Edited by Matrindur

I recall the article said "before the end of the year" and printing usually takes about 3 months for GW i was told a couple of years ago, so id expect late October at the earliest, mid December at the latest? Obviously they have to fit that around everything else on the release schedule that they might not be able to move up easily. 

Id really like them to still release the Titans/Plane reboxing, i finally decided to pull the trigger on an Iconoclast just as they got pulled! They are still valid for (semi) supported games and it might minimise the release schedule mayhem for them to boot.

If GW had a proper digital strategy, they could go ahead and release the rules digitally and any new/reboxed models without needing to wait x months for rulebooks to be reprinted*. Sure it wouldn't be ideal not having a big launch box, but they wouldn't have excess stock from held back releases taking up space in their warehouse and other releases could go ahead as planned. 

*Assuming the rulebook needing to be reprinted is the actual issue here, and not some warehouse/logistics thing.

10 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

What’s the thinking behind it not coming out before Christmas now?  Given GW stated it will be out ‘a little later in the year’

Just excessive negativity, or does someone have inside info suggesting it?

"Excessive negativity" is really the norm in the Warhammer community, so that really goes without saying. I think it's the lack of specificity in the statement, if it was just going to be a few weeks or a month late, they probably would have said so, right?

31 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

What’s the thinking behind it not coming out before Christmas now?  Given GW stated it will be out ‘a little later in the year’

Just excessive negativity, or does someone have inside info suggesting it?

If the book is being reprinted we know that takes 3 to 6 months. It’s august now, so at best is October/November. 

Is that a reliable rumour though?  

Seems more likely its delays caused by their warehouse logistics upgrading, many cases mentioned of people waiting on order

s direct from GW currently, might just be a backlog means something major needs to be put to one side for a few weeks.

6 minutes ago, Robbienw said:

Seems more likely its delays caused by their warehouse logistics upgrading, many cases mentioned of people waiting on order

s direct from GW currently, might just be a backlog means something major needs to be put to one side for a few weeks.

Someone claimed to have seen the book and it being a mess of editing.

7 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

They did still say "you’ll be commanding a tiny legion of troops to victory very soon." When GW use 'very soon' it tends to mean that, rather than their usual vagueness. That doesn't sound like October to me, but maybe that's just pure copeium on my part.

I think it's fair to say that September would be earliest. However, it depends on the issue. Warehouse would be quicker than having rulebooks reprinted depending on what happens.

If the books are messed up and will take 6+ months to fix, I would think the smart thing would be to release the models with digital copies of the rules.  Be fully transparent that you planned on physical books but there were issues and they are coming.  The warehousing costs to keep a bunch of product waiting for that long are huge, especially since you are likely going to surge your stock for release.

3 hours ago, Robbienw said:

I don’t know if it counts, but I ordered some Titan Weapons from FW earlier this week and they showed up yesterday which was the fastest I’ve ever received an order. 

1 hour ago, DuskRaider said:

I don’t know if it counts, but I ordered some Titan Weapons from FW earlier this week and they showed up yesterday which was the fastest I’ve ever received an order. 

Not sure if resin items come down the same track as the plastic stuff.

But to counter your order experience with one of my own, I ordered some Sanctioner pattern automata on July 19th and I’m still waiting for them, my order still shows as pending!

1 hour ago, Robbienw said:

But to counter your order experience with one of my own, I ordered some Sanctioner pattern automata on July 19th and I’m still waiting for them, my order still shows as pending!

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if it’s coming from the same place. I know it’s in Tennessee or whatever (at least stateside), but I don’t know if it’s a different department. 

That wait time is unacceptable, especially if the product is supposedly in stock. 

4 hours ago, Robbienw said:

Pretty much anything developed at the same time as Leviathan (jetbikes, Kasrkin, Necromunda stuff) will be rare until they catch up from whatever deficit was caused by printing so many Leviathan and starter sets. I think they expected 10th to be more popular than indomitus. 

7 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Pretty much anything developed at the same time as Leviathan (jetbikes, Kasrkin, Necromunda stuff) will be rare until they catch up from whatever deficit was caused by printing so many Leviathan and starter sets. I think they expected 10th to be more popular than indomitus. 

For good reason. Every single launch box of 40k has sold a lot more then the previous one

I think the number of LI articles that come out over the next couple weeks will indicate how long this delay is.  If they keep dropping 2+ LI articles a week I think the delay will be relatively short, if we suddenly start getting like 1 article every other week, the delay will be significant.