47 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

Going by the rather sparse preview for next week, I can’t help but feel that LI would have gone up for pre-order next week.

Came here to say this, fits with the hype too as there is probably only about a weeks worth left for the initial wave.

Really wish GW stuck to their "We are a model company, not a rules company" this week! 

2 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

The sun rose this morning and it will do so tomorrow and the day after that, happy to wait a few extra months for a game I’ve waited 20+ years for, goodness knows real life fills the gap between model releases :tongue:
now back to slaying the grey … 

M

Yeah, suits me actually I have an Ashes of Faith campaign to play at least twice, a week away and some games of tenth to get in before LI takes over for a while. And if I get bored I could always play AI or AT.

Just got back from GenCon.  Warhammer had quite a booth.  Sadly there was no LI on display and no demos.  I did find one guy from GW that said there was a chance for LI demos at Nova.  So that would be the end of the month/early September.  No one talked about why the delay, just that there was.

I also found zero AT or AI stuff anywhere in the exhibition hall.  Even the GW booth didn’t have anything.  Kill Team seemed to be getting a lot of love and demo time however.

That is all I have.  Sorry not to have more info.

The fact there is nothing up for preorder next week except a forgeworld release and a made to order basically confirms LI was supposed to be up on Saturday but since they didn't have anything else moved up to replace it, its also very likely they only found out and delayed it last week or shortly before. Not counting christmas and two week preorders I think this is the first week since the pandemic problems in 2021 without any plastic release. (except the contrast range expansion in 07.22)

Edited by Matrindur

Was quitely hoping they'd just do the terrain rerelease as that could've worked out no problem without the rules, and then spin it along the lines of: "Although the troops are delayed you can prepare your battlefield in advance of their arrival!". Alas. 

5 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Was quitely hoping they'd just do the terrain rerelease as that could've worked out no problem without the rules, and then spin it along the lines of: "Although the troops are delayed you can prepare your battlefield in advance of their arrival!". Alas. 

That would have been great, and re-release the AT and AI models.

53 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

47 minutes ago, nilsh said:

That would have been great, and re-release the AT and AI models.

That could still happen they just might need a while to decide how they go about this. We might see them in 1-2 weeks (at least I hope so)

Edited by Matrindur

Solar Auxilia faction focus.

If the articles are still coming, might be a good sign it's not months and months away.

Also I'm certain that 28mm Baneblade is new, since it's not a Stormhammer and the current plastic model doesn't have that trim. Started a thread for discussing that here just to keep things to LI. 

J9pEcZ66CBK20IPW.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

Thanks for the heads-up, @Lord Marshal. I'm cautiously optimistic that the delay is going to be in terms of weeks rather than days – while I've plenty to be getting on with in terms of other models, I'm really fired up for the return of my favourite style of game, and can't wait to get stuck in!

In terms of the meat of the article, a couple of bits stuck out:

LI FFSolarAuxilia Aug07 Chain

Interesting that this is so specific – unless there's an exception, it doesn't look like high-level commanders like the rumoured Primarchs, for example, will be able to override this.

LI FFSolarAuxilia Aug07 Close

A fun little addition – and one that will be double-edged, given the apparent inclusion of blast templates (not markers :D).

Charonite Ogryns, which benefit from the Rend rule – letting you add D6 to your Fight rolls, to a maximum of 6D6.

I'm not sure I quite understand this. Perhaps it'll become clearer once we get some more detail on how combat works. The first bit 'add D6', seems quite straightforward, but the upper limit is odd. Wonder if this will apply to/overrule other instances of extra dice, like outnumbering?

LI FFSolarAuxilia Aug07 LemanRussCard

The more we see, the more confident I feel that the default Detachment sizes (in this case, four Leman Russ tanks), gives us an indicator of how many will be are in each box.

I'd be pleased to be wrong and get six or eight in a box – and the company size of ten mentioned in this article perhaps gives us reason to hope – but I just think the model count is going to tally closely to real-world manufacturing capability.

Edited by apologist

25 minutes ago, apologist said:

I'm not sure I quite understand this. Perhaps it'll become clearer once we get some more detail on how combat works. The first bit 'add D6', seems quite straightforward, but the upper limit is odd. Wonder if this will apply to/overrule other instances of extra dice, like outnumbering?

Maybe its an overall upper limit? So outnumbering can give you additional dice, rend gives you additional dice and maybe there will be other sources but the maximum number of dice is 6D6

25 minutes ago, apologist said:

The more we see, the more confident I feel that the default Detachment sizes (in this case, four Leman Russ tanks), gives us an indicator of how many will be are in each box.

I'd be pleased to be wrong and get six or eight in a box – and the company size of ten mentioned in this article perhaps gives us reason to hope – but I just think the model count is going to tally closely to real-world manufacturing capability.

We already know the Baneblade and Kratos come in boxes of 4 but the Kratos has 2 as minimum and the Baneblade only one.

3 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

I am still wondering exactly how different weapon options work for vehicles, is it pure WYSIWYG with no points costs?

Thats what it seems like right now but they haven't said anything about that yet

I'm slightly bemused by the wording of the sub-cohort formation. It says you can only take lasrifle tercios to fill compulsory core slots, similar to tactical detachments in the demi-company, but then the compulsory detachments just say Auxilia Lasrifle. Seems a bit redundant.

10 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

I'm slightly bemused by the wording of the sub-cohort formation. It says you can only take lasrifle tercios to fill compulsory core slots, similar to tactical detachments in the demi-company, but then the compulsory detachments just say Auxilia Lasrifle. Seems a bit redundant.

It says you must take them as your core, thats why it only says Auxilia Lasrifle on the core slot

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

It says you must take them as your core, thats why it only says Auxilia Lasrifle on the core slot

But the same isn't true for the astartes demi-company detachment, which has near identical wording. It could also be argued that if the compulsory detachments say Auxilia Lasrifle rather than core, then there aren't actually any compulsory core detachments, so the separate restriction rule is redundant. It's not some grievous contradiction, it's just a weird inconsistency, it's like they had two different ways to present the compulsory detachment limitation and used them both for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

But the same isn't true for the astartes demi-company detachment, which has near identical wording. It could also be argued that if the compulsory detachments say Auxilia Lasrifle rather than core, then there aren't actually any compulsory core detachments, so the separate restriction rule is redundant. It's not some grievous contradiction, it's just a weird inconsistency, it's like they had two different ways to present the compulsory detachment limitation and used them both for some reason.

You're right I misremembered the SM one. (I thought didn't need to fill with tacticals but only they get the Tactical Strength boost)