I'm Happy to see that they are mentioning Air Cover in the next Article.... I wanna see what my Fly Boys can do and how many Little of them I can use... :laugh:

As for release dates I'm just going to sit back and wait and not speculate . I think LI May be like a certain grey/white wizard

"Legions Imperialis is never late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to.

M

Arcs... new bases... no arc designators on the bases? I can see why they wouldn't want them, but I can't help seeing a missed opportunity.
Anyway, the Malcador Vanquisher is completely new, right? I don't recall ever hearing about them before.

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

Arcs... new bases... no arc designators on the bases? I can see why they wouldn't want them, but I can't help seeing a missed opportunity.
Anyway, the Malcador Vanquisher is completely new, right? I don't recall ever hearing about them before.

there has never been an official model before but they have the option to take vanquisher cannons in HH2.0.

4 hours ago, Urauloth said:

The one in the Arc rules image is a Leman Russ not a Malcador

Edited by Matrindur

I didn't see anywhere something about arc on vehicles, like front/rear armor in datasheet for example. I understand that for the knights/titans, we already know that the ion shield is a front protection. But what's about the vehicles? They say "more vulnerable", does it mean that we can expect a modifier on save dice rolls or something? 

I'd like a modifier for hitting the rear. Maybe an additional pip of save modifier to keep it simple. 

Only slight complication would be a Detachment with some models pointing one direction and others pointing another. But that can likely be overcome simply by applying hits to nearest models in a Detachment and applying the modifier per model allocated instead of as a Detachment wide application.

Edited by Captain Idaho
Words, words for the word God.

It's going to be interesting to see what the effect will be for shooting in the rear arc. Did they have anything similar back in the day, I don't think I ever played before Epic 40k or at least I don't have any recollection of it.

30 minutes ago, nilsh said:

It's going to be interesting to see what the effect will be for shooting in the rear arc. Did they have anything similar back in the day, I don't think I ever played before Epic 40k or at least I don't have any recollection of it.

In epic Armageddon there was an impact for setting up crossfire but I can't remember the effect. Definitely appropriate though.

49 minutes ago, nilsh said:

There were weapon facings for War Engines in Epic: Armageddon, but no facings in terms of most models. The nearest equivalent was the Crossfire rule, which meant you suffered -1 to your save and took additional blast markers under particular circumstances (if the firer could draw a line to a friendly formation across your formation).

There was no equivalent mechanic in 1st edition Epic: Space Marine, but SM2 had this:

image.thumb.png.ba2cde4cd5f5352e75686adf157d7f19.png

Given that all the previews so far seem to indicates Epic: Legions is essentially going to be a redux edition of SM2, a simpler version of the above seems likely. Alternatively, we’ll see something skin to Titanicus (where the strength of the incoming weapon is increased if the firer is not shooting at the front) – just a simple +1 or +2 to S for the firer if in the rear.

Edited by apologist

20 minutes ago, apologist said:

Given that all the previews so far seem to indicates Epic: Legions is essentially going to be a redux edition of SM2, a simpler version of the above seems likely. Alternatively, we’ll see something skin to Titanicus (where the strength of the incoming weapon is increased if the firer is not shooting at the front) – just a simple +1 or +2 to S for the firer if in the rear.

That sounds like it would be plausible. I do remember the crossfire rule a bit but SM2 was before I got started with Epic so thank you for the history lesson :).

@nilsh – My pleasure! My memstacks of the game are badly degraded (I was a neophyte at the time), so I confess to having to look it all up :D

... and minor news from the latest Heresy Thursday. 

image.png.da585d5c4399a859e293602361322417.png

Outside change of this being a dip into literal Earthshaker cannons (i.e. Basilisk artillery), but I think it more likely we'll see a preview of the Baneblade/Hellhammer box.

The extreme change in pace of articles has me thinking closer to the end of year has become the more likely release schedule.  Let your friends, family, and lovers know that you expect your stocking stuffed with Thunderhawks and Baneblades my friends.

9 hours ago, ccnick22 said:

The extreme change in pace of articles has me thinking closer to the end of year has become the more likely release schedule.  Let your friends, family, and lovers know that you expect your stocking stuffed with Thunderhawks and Baneblades my friends.

But they'll be available by next summer.

:devil:

Edited by Interrogator Stobz