3 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Really interested to see if LI will have a place in the NOVA preview and if they're going to at least mention/address a new timetable for release.

Honestly, If they feel like it's a slight on them having a later release date, GW will just Ignore it for NOVA and just talk about other stuff as though LI isn't even a thing...until the day it's ready then they'll throw confetti and cakes and all manner of "buy lots of this" promotion... 

M. 

7 hours ago, Matrindur said:

Interestingly the AT core set is back in stock on the webstore so maybe they are preparing to at least rerelease the AT stuff for now?

The stock went back and forth since LI was anounced. It is not the 1st time that it is back in stock. But still with the former bases. And no Epic Scale logo.

The bases should be the “old” ones, they’re for Titanicus and that’s what the starter box is also for… which does make me wonder if any and all future AT releases from this point on will have the LI or AT bases (or both). I mainly speak of products such as this, where it’s specifically Titanicus and so would contain specifically Titanicus rules. 

17 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Are these bases the same shapes even if thinner? Reason I ask is I played Adeptus Titanicus with my son and whilst showing him the turning templates etc it made me think - are these going to work in Adeptus Titanicus if the bases change?

I’m pretty sure they’re the same size, only thinner. 

Article about the Thunderhawk, including old Epic photos: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/30/40-years-of-warhammer-at-last-a-plastic-thunderhawk-gunship/

Love the old Epic flying box version and really wish that I had picked up the 40k metal one when it came.

Edited by nilsh

2 new boxes of knights and titans

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/heresy-thursday-crush-armies-underfoot-with-entire-battle-groups-of-pint-sized-imperial-knights-and-titans/

I'm thinking....Will I paint all of what I have for the same army and get crazy to get one of each of those new upcoming boxes (to build an entire new knights/titans army), or Will I be reasonable and just add the knights one and split what I have in 2 armies? :confused: (my actual pool: 2 warlords, 2 reivers, 2 warhounds (but 6 if you count the 2 boxes of new LI), 3 questo, 2 lancers, 2+2 acastus, 2 porphirions)

If I don't play AT (and I don't plan to), buying the 2 boxes is overkill but I love titans and I plan to make big battle with them (and tanks) with the LI rules (and I don't care about the starting rules of only 30% knights/titans and no knight/titans armies at the strat (to be honnest, it is just a matter of time that they do an army of knights and titans in LI) )).

PS: if you look carefully, you'll see that those boxes have the new logo Epic Scale. In addition, the pictures show that the titans have the new LI bases. This is good!

Edited by BolterZorro

I fully plan on fielding at least my Knight Household to try it out, rules be damned. I’m not sure how well they’d do but I imagine their weaponry would be a lot more effective against infantry and tanks than they are against Titans. Should be interesting. 

3 hours ago, BolterZorro said:

I already have 2 warlords and 1 warbringer. So, I don't know if this box is a better deal than the starter AT. I'm afraid that it cost more than the starter. And I won't have a lot of opportunities to put more than 2 warlords on the table.

Extergimus Maniple can check that box off for you. 

16 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

I fully plan on fielding at least my Knight Household to try it out, rules be damned. I’m not sure how well they’d do but I imagine their weaponry would be a lot more effective against infantry and tanks than they are against Titans. Should be interesting. 

If the knights have traits like Light AT or whatever on their weapons that restrict their targeting then it shouldn't be too bad. But if they're blanket applicable like the titans, then it would probably be a bit lopsided for them.

3 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

If the knights have traits like Light AT or whatever on their weapons that restrict their targeting then it shouldn't be too bad. But if they're blanket applicable like the titans, then it would probably be a bit lopsided for them.

Yeah, I’m hoping GW future proofed them so that they can hit the field on their own. 

3 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Sadly they definitely didn't do the same for titans, who look frankly oppressive to fight as a full force and would require tooling to beat (an unfun situation for both people imo)

Yeah, very true. I do see the Knight weapons as inherently more useful against armored vehicles and infantry than Titans, though, so it gives me hope that that’s what their rules will be geared towards. I would think even if they are a bear to deal with for infantry and tanks their numbers would be much lower than the opponent. 

I’m in the process of finishing my Knights now and I believe when I’m done I’ll have close to 60 so it would be cool to see them all take to the battlefield together. Fingers crossed. 

19 hours ago, DuskRaider said:

I’m in the process of finishing my Knights now and I believe when I’m done I’ll have close to 60 so it would be cool to see them all take to the battlefield together. Fingers crossed. 

We have the rules, we have the points, I am pretty sure that many people will test full knights/titans armies asap without the artificial and arbitrary rules of 30%max.

Count me in for this!

Edited by BolterZorro