Urgggh yes, the Titanicus stuff going largely OOP is also super frustrating, id planned to finally buy a Warmaster (Promised no more titans until everything else was painted for AT)  but they went OOP and then they previewed you cant really use the biggest titans in regular games and ill have to buy another base...

Ech...

3 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Congratulations, I also have a job. Not sure how that's relevant.

You're not having to justify anything. I was just curious how you went from: "This will be amazing!" to "I'm not even going to bother with this". In the span of two months, with no actual change to the product (that we know of). Not intended as an attack or slight or anything like that. 

Appreciate it's not me you asked but I'm in that category now as well.

I was really excited at reveal, I was clearing my backlog down and looking forwards to something different. Game didn't drop, started a 40k crusade, invested into that instead, GW then keep stalling indefinitely and confirmed a paid-for drip of model rules for a niche game I won't play as often. They missed their hype window for me and it'll be the same for others no doubt.

2 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Urgggh yes, the Titanicus stuff going largely OOP is also super frustrating, id planned to finally buy a Warmaster (Promised no more titans until everything else was painted for AT)  but they went OOP and then they previewed you cant really use the biggest titans in regular games and ill have to buy another base...

Ech...

Wait, is GW done making AT models or are are they just repackaging them? I had to look at the website real quick and all I see is the warhound and reaver box.

10 minutes ago, Ahzek451 said:

Wait, is GW done making AT models or are are they just repackaging them? I had to look at the website real quick and all I see is the warhound and reaver box.

They're being reboxed with LI bases.

Presumably the suits don't want them to be sold with 'Legions Imperialis' branding, since they fear that if Lil Timmy sees them when the actual Legions Imperialis game isn't out yet, his brain might melt. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

My guess is that the starter will likely continue to be made as is, because it's a pure and self-contained AT product. So they can keep producing it with its existing packaging and rules content.

Knowing GW, the reason they won't release existing AT models in the new packaging is because there's LI specific stuff in the boxes (like data cards) they want to sit on until release.

In the mean time, getting your Mits on titans is becoming a bit warhound eat warhound.

My hope is that when we do see the newly packaged titans we may see more plastic weapons for the other chassis, or maybe, in the way they consolidated the Armigers into one box with both weapon sprues, they might do the same with the reavers and Warlords?

A fool can dream I suppose.

I'm worrying a bit about the schedule now: LI will be out in a time where people are bying stuff for chrismass, meaning that it will be evenworse than the usual FOMO rush, especially when we know the production limitations and the mass of things already revealed aroud LI.

Add to this that GW has to manage all the christmass boxes (battle forces for example but also the battle forces for AT/LI with knights and titans which are limited editions).

It will be a mess of a FOMO battle !

19 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

I'm worrying a bit about the schedule now: LI will be out in a time where people are bying stuff for chrismass, meaning that it will be evenworse than the usual FOMO rush, especially when we know the production limitations and the mass of things already revealed aroud LI.

Add to this that GW has to manage all the christmass boxes (battle forces for example but also the battle forces for AT/LI with knights and titans which are limited editions).

It will be a mess of a FOMO battle !

I expect a lot of the stuff to release in early next year. 

If the original plan was launch box in August, Wave 1 in Oct/Nov. Wave 2 in Jan/Feb. I'll expect everything to have moved. So launch box somewhere in the next 4 weeks. Then holiday break, then wave 1 somewhere in Jan/Feb, etc. 

On the other hand, can't rule out they :cuss: it and do one gigantic dump of all the LI stuff somewhere in the next month. Which would be not great.

I much prefer the heads-up you receive now, even if it is sometimes delayed, as it lets you save money and plan a bit. Remember the alternative (about a decade ago?) You would not find out about a release until you walked into a store, and GW used to sue gaming websites that somehow got leaked images or concepts. It was awful.

As for the new releases being split into expansions, again this is GWs business model. You have to fully expect this game, as with Necromunda, to necessitate the purchase of a small hand cart (or book-carrying slave) to pull along with you to a gaming night to carry all of those rule books.

As someone who has subsisted with free compilation PDF rulebooks* for the last decade it feels like a big step back, but the reality is that they are a company making money and 'DLC' is they way of it now, as much as it grates.

*NetEpic, Net Armageddon etc are all still available if it gets too much!

Edited by Pacific81

2 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

Spartans...at last

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/12/heresy-thursday-deliver-and-destroy-with-a-new-legions-imperialis-tank/

But I am a bit disapointed not seeing any SA counterpart for ages....

Its expected that SM get more as they also have way more units to be released but based on the initial stat leaks the units that would have released after launch and will get their rules in the teased expansion book would be Medusas/Basilisks, Drop Pods, Spartans and everything in the SM fast attack box.

As that is a 6:2 split of units for SM I would expect the next reveal to be for SA, maybe Dracosan and Aurox?

Interesting how broad the detachments are, the Blood angels fielding formations 3 times the size of the Traitor force! Big FoW Soviet vibes :P (For context, very roughly, most armies in Flames of War field companies broken into platoons but the Soviets field Battalions broken into companies) interesting to see how that plays, usually the lack of activations would be crippling but you do get to action a lot at once! 

The Blood angels really do look a lot better, even in potato cam pics on a blue background.

6 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

The Blood angels really do look a lot better, even in potato cam pics on a blue background.

Yes I still don't know why they went with the Bland death guard as the poster boys of LI :ermm: Those Blood angels look waay better...  I can't wait to see some Ultramarines or white scars! 

M.