25 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Cant be long now! :P

I think preorder next week is pretty much confirmed. A reliable source said it would be out on the 2nd December and for AoS their current campaign gets a preorder on the Saturday after every fourth shortstory. Today was the second and they are weekly so the Saturday after the fourth would be the 25th so no one week preorder for LI. Which in turn means LI should get a two week preorder on the 18th with release on the 2nd.

Which is further reinforced by the "heres all the LI articles in one place" article and the painting showcase.

Edited by Matrindur

12 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

Are you kidding? The infantry and light/core tanks are the backbone of this game. I can't imagine a late release of those boxes.

When Horus Heresy 2.0 released with the new wave of plastics, the first release included the aforementioned box, the Kratos, the Deimos Rhino, and some weapon upgrades. MKVI tacticals were the next release, but they weren't in the very first pre-order.

I'm not 100% on this timeline but I think it's broadly correct, so there's precedent that the LI box might not launch immediately alongside its separated contents. I would still expect them very shortly after, however.

2 hours ago, BolterZorro said:

Are you kidding? The infantry and light/core tanks are the backbone of this game. I can't imagine a late release of those boxes.

You know how HH 2.0 has currently no plastic breachers, despoilers or assault marines released? It's been 16/17 months since initial release. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I'm getting my hands on a demonic primarch [Fulgrim] before I get legit plastic assault marines, there's no rhyme nor reason.

Were the MKVI box, new spartan and new contemptors all availably separately upon release of the big AoD big box?

It's usually GW's MO to have a gap between brand new minis in a big box and their independent release.

That said, the value of buying the box diminishes the more times you buy it, and the game is kinda expecting you to have literally hundreds of infantry models, so they might release them all together.

Id expect an accelerated release schedule to what theyve done historically given the preview cadence, like AoD and Titanicus had big delays and opened with monthly releases instead of quarterly, we might even see a limited spate of weekly releases for epic though i doubt it :D Coming out over the typical quiet period for new releases is going to screw things up too after all.

11 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

You know how HH 2.0 has currently no plastic breachers, despoilers or assault marines released? It's been 16/17 months since initial release. I honestly wouldn't be surprised. I'm getting my hands on a demonic primarch [Fulgrim] before I get legit plastic assault marines, there's no rhyme nor reason.

Yes but those don't exist at all right now.

The infantry and tanks from the starter set are done and just need individual releases. 

I also don't think they will come in the first preorder but its not quite the same situation as for the HH 2.0 stuff

Edited by Matrindur

11 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

Were the MKVI box, new spartan and new contemptors all availably separately upon release of the big AoD big box?

It's usually GW's MO to have a gap between brand new minis in a big box and their independent release.

That said, the value of buying the box diminishes the more times you buy it, and the game is kinda expecting you to have literally hundreds of infantry models, so they might release them all together.

They released the MK III and Deredeo alongside the army box containing them, so they very well may put them up at the same time.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Invariably we should find out on Sunday I think.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

Yes but those don't exist at all right now.

The infantry and tanks from the starter set are done and just need individual releases. 

I also don't think they will come in the first preorder but its not quite the same situation as for the HH 2.0 stuff

Fair point.

With the sheer amount of kits involved though I wouldn't expect them out the door. However, it's GW so who knows?! Lol.

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

That is absolutely not the norm for them. Of course its great that they did that and I hope they do the same for LI but I wouldn't bet on it

Core set and whatever is in it is almost garunteed to come out at the same time given the delay. And unlike heresy we have seen everything all at once painted and displayed so the chances of it being staggered over a year are slim to none. This is kinda outside the norm and strictly speaking releasing the mk 3 wave all at once isn't unprecedented either since for as long as i've been in the hobby everything comes in waves one big dump then on to the next thing. Staggering them out over weeks is fairly new.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:45 PM, Lord_Valorion said:

Hmmm, will the rules be translated in different languages or is it confirmed that they will be in english only?

Can anyone answer this, what have GW done for other releases recently? I know Wayland and the like usually sell the non-English rule books, are those usually available upon release?

Copied over from Dakka:

I went to my local GW store today (didn't think it would be open on Armistice rememberance day), and surprise, they got the LI box and were working on building the miniatures. The book wasn't there to see, but everything else was. I was only disappointed with the infantry models (some parts that should be thinner / have holes arecovered by a plastic block that looks pretty bad when you focus on it - but I guess it's a compromise to make it sturdier given the scale).

So release is imminent (they couldn't tell me the exact date, so I didn't insist).

Imminent release is expected at this point but still one more confirmation

I think the only thing stopping a pre-order for LI being announced tonight is the fact that the Battleforce boxes are on a 2 week preorder window.

Has there been a game launch pre-order before that coincided with another pre-order? Or is this going to be the new norm, with GW seemingly switching to a 2 week pre-order window for more and more releases?

The idea of a 2 week pre-order for products that sell out in minutes does not compute to my confused Sunday brain... We now have 13 days with no pre-order being pushed? if anything that suggests to me they would put LI up next weekend.

46 minutes ago, Sky Potato said:

I think the only thing stopping a pre-order for LI being announced tonight is the fact that the Battleforce boxes are on a 2 week preorder window.

Has there been a game launch pre-order before that coincided with another pre-order? Or is this going to be the new norm, with GW seemingly switching to a 2 week pre-order window for more and more releases?

The current 2 weeks preorders that have been going on for a while now don't mean nothing else is going up during them. We still get weekly preorders just that its two weeks from the preorder until stuff is released.

Preorders are 2 weeks currently so GW has time to ship the stuff to stores. This way they have one more week to get the stuff into stores which was becoming a problem before the 2 week preorders started.

Edited by Matrindur